Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-2 to Pittsburgh.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Looks to me that there is something going on behind the scenes with a few of the players. Not sure what it is but I hope they clean up their act soon because it's starting to show on the ice.

Feels like a bit of a rift when your big stars start to look like Pierre Luc Dubois night after night.

Reactions: glue and Al14

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Killer instincts?! This team is not going anywhere again if they make the playoffs playing with this kind of attitude...had a few days vacation and can't even win a game...win it for the team if not for Salming, my goodness...Dubas needs to package Kerfoot and Holl to shake things up!

McDavid is literally hauling that carcass of a team on his back, while Matthews and Marner are thinking about their next contract.

I am hoping the MLSE board show some "killer instinct" and course correct this JOKE that has been spun on the Leafs fans post lou-babcock era

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
He’s not quite good enough and the team isn’t quite good enough to put him back on the Marlies.
I think he’s in the middle where he’s not good enough yet but too good for the AHL. You need to keep giving him chances and hopefully he figures it out.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Tough stretch of games coming up . Does Keefe survive if they go 4-4 in the next 8?

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
With skill players they will turn the puck over. It’s what comes with them being creative. But I’m getting fcking sick and tired of everyone nitpicking a few plays when Marner has been downright better than Matthews and he was better than Matthews tonight and it wasn’t even close.

Uh, Marner killed us against Vegas in OT and gave up the puck leading to the Pens second goal tonight then gave it up again for what should have been another goal. Matthews could have stayed in the dressing room tonight and would have had a better game. I love Marner so this isn't some grudge I have. He has to stop giving the puck away. It's killing them.

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
anigif_original-grid-image-6630-1474089058-1.gif

Keefe shuffling the lines.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think he’s in the middle where he’s not good enough yet but too good for the AHL. You need to keep giving him chances and hopefully he figures it out.

I think when he made the team they should have given him a role and an identity and just let him play. But the yo-yo, the cap management bullshit, the healthy scratches just throws a kid out of rhythm.

Problem with this management team is they’re in desperation mode too and will press any button and try any combination.

Reactions: Eye Test

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
One thing i see or hear quite a bit.. and it heard it once tonight and i read it here.. the sentence 'they have too much talent to...' and the sentence has multiple endings.. but i always ask myself outside of the talented 4.. where is all this talent that people keep referring to.

Honest question.. or do 4 really talented guys make up for the rest?

Honestly where is all this talent?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Uh, Marner killed us against Vegas in OT and gave up the puck leading to the Pens second goal tonight then gave it up again for what should have been another goal. Matthews could have stayed in the dressing room tonight and would have had a better game. I love Marner so this isn't some grudge I have. He has to stop giving the puck away. It's killing them.

We can no longer outscore our mistakes. Four years of Dubas has depleted any worthwhile depth we had. Funny thing is our 4th line has been pretty good.

Reactions: Eye Test

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Hoping a music aficionado can help me a bit.

3rd period about 7.5 minutes in, there's a song playing for the fans in the stadium. Anyone know which one it is?

PS tonight's game was just frustrating on so many levels...most of which have been touched upon regularly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad