Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-2 to Pittsburgh.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Matthews is playing the bumper on the PP. Either his wrist is not alright OR they are f***ing galaxy braining shit again

Keefe, Carbury and probably Dubas saw all the Ovechkin and Stamkos PP set plays, compared notes with Matthews double Rockets and decided to change the whole recipe. They just want to be smarter than everyone else.

Reactions: PromisedLand

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Lol it’s going to happen again in the playoffs. Other team will box out or clog the middle and we won’t get to the dirty areas required to score.

We’re a regular season team.

Only positive I saw was malign was okay and lilly was solid.

Bang on.

Yet I keep waiting for a masterful stroke from the head coach that will right all the wrongs. Where is the forward thinking, progressive and imaginative coach we were sold? Swapping a first line LW and a 3rd line LW, then mixing up the lines for a shift seems to be the limit of his novel approach.

It sucks realizing that this may well be the limit of the brain trust.

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
Personally don't think this team has the galls to do anything in the playoffs even if they make it

I'd personally look to deal marner; This team will not win F all with marner. his body language and attitude is way too negative

then....

if both matthews and nylander don't sign before their NTC/NMCs kick in at a reasonable cap hits; I trade them too.

But before all of that I'd prefer a new GM to make these moves.

And I do not care if they go somewhere else and win cups or whatever. They are not doing that shit here with this GM and coach and the attitude they carry which is fostered by the management
You reading minds now?

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I expect better at this point.... so if they make the playoffs... better chance.....

f*** sakes... let's go Leafers... too much talent

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I’m not really a Marner fan. If he wasn’t a Leaf he wouldn’t be a player I go out of my way to follow for fun, or a player I’d circle as a must have for the Leafs. I’m very happy with him in a sidekick role if there are others like Matthews in the lead playing the Batman to his Robin. But I find when he’s elevated to an alpha dog on this team alongside Matthews it doesn’t work. And when Matthews is not playing well either it’s just a boring mess.

Its probably one of the worst days in Leafs history with hockey gods making another mockery of the Leafs when in the lotto Leafs missed McDavid by just by last number and then drafted marner.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Line chemistry and psychological aspect are lacking from this group. But at the same time we have a goalie carousel making things more drastic. Weird game tonight not a lot to be happy about.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
It’s time to start Petruzzeli. There’s something I never thought I’d see myself type. We’re in a poor state when I feel our best hope is a goalie that I had to google for name confirmation.

I’d rather Petruzelli start than the Leafs rush Murray because they’re desperate. Not worth hurting him again for one game.

Reactions: Blaylock38

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
That was a really frustrating game. Thought they played well at times but hardly anyone could handle a puck tonight. I thought the 4th line was good but rest were fumbling a lot. Pens were putting their sticks on everything but man we need a better strategy than shoot from far out. Oh well, regroup and hope they handle pucks better tomorrow.
A real chess game by sullivan and keefe. 👏👏 crosby shadowed our 34 very well. Easily. They know that if the cros can shadowbox our suckas, then mally malkin will score those two goals instead of crosby. Easy tactique.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I don't think it's his wrist, or at least I hope it's not. Continuously injuring his biggest asset is a major concern

If true then I don't get why is Matthews the best shot on the team playing bumper position.

I'd rather split the PP1 and PP2 if they gonna keep Matthews in bumper with muffins from Marner on the right wall

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
I wonder what Sundin is thinking
A comeback like claude lemieux did about 2008? He did not play hockey for almost 6 years. At all. Then he flew to china. Played with china sharks, then to sharks ahl team and then to sharks. He played in the regular season and even in one PLAYOFF GAME that season....even the british football news wrote about him. Making a comeback... at 43 years old. Not playing for 5-6 years. And looking like a grey beard. That is the biggest sports story i have ever witnessed. Still.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I don't know why anyone would be surprised or upset about tonight, the team legit is not that good. You can pay me 11 million per year also but I still won't win you a cup.

Reactions: supermann_98

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Honestly it may just be time to rebuild. I really want the team to win a cup but this team looks further away then they've been in years.

Reactions: Al14

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Looks to me that there is something going on behind the scenes with a few of the players. Not sure what it is but I hope they clean up their act soon because it's starting to show on the ice. Perhaps a major intervention is needed because this status quo stuff ain't working.

Reactions: supermann_98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad