Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-2 to Pittsburgh.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
The GWG was awfully weak, but that sort of thing happens when you are forced to play your 4th-string goalie.

The bigger problem is the 1st line, as has been the case all year long. This is not a Cup contender with the way they are currently playing.

Shame that we couldn't win this one for Borje. We'll have another chance tomorrow night.

Reactions: ToneDog and Al14

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Killer instincts?! This team is not going anywhere again if they make the playoffs playing with this kind of attitude...had a few days vacation and can't even win a game...win it for the team if not for Salming, my goodness...Dubas needs to package Kerfoot and Holl to shake things up!

McDavid is literally hauling that carcass of a team on his back, while Matthews and Marner are thinking about their next contract.

Last edited:

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Someone needs to rename the GDT to say Best We Forget 'cause they were utter dogshit after about 25 minutes, And their worst players were all of the guys making north of 5 mill a year. What a waste of an evening. Plus I accidentally fell asleep towards the end of the 2nd and woke up to my first Sportsnet intermission in 3 years and it was everything I remember that made me turn off their garbage between periods in the first place, Next time I'll try to stay awake and be more vigilant.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Marner is just a chaos machine out there. If there was an option to send him back to the London Knights for a couple of weeks I'd look into it.

At least he makes plays from time to time. Made a great stretch pass to Nylander who missed on the wide open net.

Marner should have passed on the two on one but he lost control, so I understand the choice to shoot.

Matthews has done f*** all this entire season.

I think it’s about time he gets called out.

Reactions: DarkKnight

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Marner definitely has some compromising photos of Keefe that he's blackmailing him with since he f***ing refuses to swap him and Nylander. But hey let's switch Robertson and Kerfoot and Jarnkrok around a million times

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Whelp, we deserved the L there. Weren’t absolutely terrible, but weren’t good either.

Change up the lines Keefe - separate Matthews and Marner. They’ve been underwhelming 5v5 all season, clearly time to try something new. I’d like to see:

Jarnkrok - Matthews - Nylander
Robertson - Tavares - Marner
Bunting - Kampf - Kerfoot
Malgin - Engvall - ZAR
Marner carrying that line and its too heavy. Ffs, why is the fact that Mtthews is playing like shit and black holing everything a reflection on Marner? Such a f***ing lazy assessment

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Goaltending is not the current problem, but it will be at some point. They’re a bland team that makes the same give away mistakes every night.

Right like Keefe said a few weeks ago we don’t have defenseman that can move the puck. And it’s true they do not, we can’t advance the puck

Mar 26, 2010
McDavid+Draisaitl cap hit = 21 mil and 58 points
Matthews+ Marner cap hit = 22.5 mil and 30 points

Thank god we have Dubas!
they also play in the trash pacific division. If McDavid played in the Atlantic he wouldn’t even score half of the points that he does out in that house league division he is in now.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
At least he makes plays from time to time.

Oh yeah, I called out Matthews before Marner. But I disagree with the idea that at least Marner makes plays from time to time. I’d rather he sit on the bench than make 10 dumb mistakes for 3 to pay off. Notice the amount of goals against immediately after a Marner done goof.

Matthews just looks like Peter Holland out there. He’s beyond lost. I don’t know how many great games he’d have to stitch together just to get back to par this year. He’s taken control in ONE game.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
At least he makes plays from time to time. Made a great stretch pass to Nylander who missed on the wide open net.

Marner should have passed on the two on one but he lost control, so I understand the choice to shoot.

I'll take nothing over soul crushing giveaways but you're right. Matthews needs to step up and lead.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Yep, Leaf legends in the building and these f***ers couldn't muster a winning effort. I know they can't win every game, but please show up in the big games and show some pride!

I believe it is time for major trade to shake this team up. None of our top paid players showed up in this game. Only Nylander!`

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad