Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 1-0

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
When you got 40 million tied up in four forwards you better expect goals
Exactly! The reason you pay so much money to your top forwards compared to a lot of other teams is to turn those 'expected goals' into 'real goals'. Sure, their 'talent' maybe helps you get more 'expected goals', but ultimately you get paid so much to convert them.

Reactions: authentic

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Exactly! The reason you pay so much money to your top forwards compared to a lot of other teams is to turn those 'expected goals' into 'real goals'. Sure, their 'talent' maybe helps you get more 'expected goals', but ultimately you get paid so much to convert them.

It's game 1...

Those 4 forwards are 1st, 14th, 35th, and 44th over the last 5 years in goals...

They've turned them into real goals.

Reactions: Smif and danny90

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I thought firing Keefe would be the solution? Kidding, but things looked the same. Bad special teams, depth players not scoring and stars held scoreless.
Also that penalty by Timmins goes out to the Lilly haters

Reactions: arso40

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I thought firing Keefe would be the solution? Kidding, but things looked the same. Bad special teams, depth players not scoring and stars held scoreless.
Also that penalty by Timmins goes out to the Lilly haters
Maybe it really is on the players and we ran Keefe out of town for nothing

leafs dominate two and a half periods and can’t score a goal? 🤔 where have I seen this before?
Every dam year in the playoffs

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
If losing rocks your world, champ, who am I to judge you? Take all the solace you need in Leafs "outplaying" the winners.

Pick up a purple participation ribbon on your way out. I'm in it to win the division and win the Cup.
It happens, there will be plenty that we should lose this year that we'll win. Nothing out 9f the norm.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I am not even that into advanced stats, even if they are a helpful tool. We passed the eyeball test tonight. Looked structured and hard on the puck. Lots of chances. Solid and calm goaltending. I like it
I like winning better

the moment dubas asked keefe to walk back his comments it was obvious that keefe was not allowed to be a "Coach"
Probably true

no2ninja

Oct 22, 2023
Some of you guys need to chill... the team played great, sometimes a goalie stands on his head, this is hockey and if I am not mistaken it was like 227 games since we have been shut out. We were due for one.

I remember being at a leaf's game at Maple Leaf Gardens, and during the game the ambulance came 4 times, as 4 different fans had heart attacks... not a joke. Some people need to catch their breath and go for a walk, this forum has me worried for your health.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Run this $hit back (overpay AAV x8)
Everything felt exactly the same as ever....hate that Domi wasnt with matthews and knies....they were really good last year and for me it made matthews a better player. Nylander with Tavares? not that again...jesus. PP same bodies same result. It could have been Keefe coaching...not much different if any.

Stolarz was very good in this game.....steady. Liked what I saw.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
After they hit those posts in the 2nd I knew it was going to be one of those nights. Too early to talk about negatives so let’s focus on the positives. Stolarz was terrific, kept us one shot away. OEL and Lorentz looked good as well. Taney is steady. So the new guys did well. I’ll wait for tomorrow, win or lose, to state the negatives. Advanced hint: Rielly continues to be brutal.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Some of you guys need to chill... the team played great, sometimes a goalie stands on his head, this is hockey and if I am not mistaken it was like 227 games since we have been shut out. We were due for one.

I remember being at a leaf's game at Maple Leaf Gardens, and during the game the ambulance came 4 times, as 4 different fans had heart attacks... not a joke. Some people need to catch their breath and go for a walk, this forum has me worried for your health.
I have heard comedy is good for your heart.

Leafs4Life77

Sep 30, 2009
Rielly looks fat and slow these days.

Remember when he broke into the league and how quick and explosive of a skater he was? Now it seems he takes awhile to get moving and has poor agility.

Mo is maybe my favourite player and I couldn’t believe how big and slow he looked tonight. Nothing like himself

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Let's be fair ... if they scored some goals most would be happy.

Others don't need results as stats are more important.

Really need to add some expected trophies.

Expected Rocket, expected Art Ross, expected Vezina, expected Stanley Cup.

Make everyone happy.

At work, expected raises, expected promotions, expected C Suite ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad