Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 1-0

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
if willie lined up with matty we would have scored you try carrying tavares and domi

Nylander sucked this game.

I still think Nylander on the 3rd line is ideal, still, give him 20 minutes a night, but have him drive a line by himself.

He is probably the best at generating chances on his own.

Give Tavares two players who are hard-working and will forecheck hard, and let them be the line that works for their goals.

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
If losing rocks your world, champ, who am I to judge you? Take all the solace you need in Leafs "outplaying" the winners.

Pick up a purple participation ribbon on your way out. I'm in it to win the division and win the Cup.
Agreed.

"outplaying" them means you were positionally better, had more shots, better opportunities..etc.

Now, the REASON you are paying so much money to the top guys is so WHEN you 'outplay' them, they are good enough to actually convert those chances.

Hard work and 'some' talent gets you to 'outplaying'. I need to see the top guy convert those chances more often than not. This is the Leafs forward group, not the Sharks or Seattle.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
[
that line? are you joking?? our top line was even worst you choose the second line to single out your names noted i will taking nothing you say serious starting...........NOW

just by exemple, when marner on the ice at 5v5

18 shot for 6 against
16 SCF vs 5 SCA
HDCF 6 vs 0 against
Expected goal for 1,75 against 0,25

When Nylander on the ice
shot 7v4
SC 7v5
HDC 3v1
ecpected goal 0,61 vs 0,25

I don't know what's your definition of worst but we certainly don't have the same one

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
If losing rocks your world, champ, who am I to judge you? Take all the solace you need in Leafs "outplaying" the winners.

Pick up a purple participation ribbon on your way out. I'm in it to win the division and win the Cup.
It's the first game dude you're not going to win 82 games in a season. step away from the ledge

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Sometimes it seems like this core peaked back in 2017 when they had the veteran poise of Tyler Bozak and Nazem Kadri to hold down those two top lines.

set of "Gud Pros" you mean.... LMAO :laugh:

YBUA55PIVIRQPIEDI3SSOV37QQ.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Guided by Veseys

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Nylander sucked this game.

I still think Nylander on the 3rd line is ideal, still, give him 20 minutes a night, but have him drive a line by himself.

He is probably the best at generating chances on his own.

Give Tavares two players who are hard-working and will forecheck hard, and let them be the line that works for their goals.

im agree with you, would see a better fit robertson with jt and pacioretty and nylander with holmberg and domi

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter at all but it does kinda suck to lose it after this long on the coaches first game
That's fair. I'll take breaking this streak if it means we can also break our playoff streak woes this year, though

Reactions: bax

genk

Nov 15, 2015
> playoff failures eight consecutive years
> horrific playoff goal scoring last two seasons in particular
> 1/21 power plays in last playoffs
> management “seriously considering” changing core-four
> lol jk, let’s run the identical top two lines 5 on 5, and identical top powerplay unit
> gets shut out
> who could have possibly seen this coming

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
That's for the more intelligent fans.

Dumber people just want wins and the Cup.
Right. You would think after all the years of these wonder “Heat maps” and expected stats predicting success but not actually achieving it they might actually realize the game is on the ice not on paper

Reactions: ULF_55

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
> playoff failures eight consecutive years
> horrific playoff goal scoring last two seasons in particular
> 1/21 power plays in last playoffs
> management “seriously considering” changing core-four
> lol jk, let’s run the identical top two lines 5 on 5, and identical top powerplay unit
> gets shut out
> who could have possibly seen this coming
High powered, exciting hockey by the highest paid group of top 4 forwards in the league?

-haven't scored more than 2 goals in the last 6 games

-3 wins in the last 12 games (non preseason)

-Playoffs last year and first game this year, 12 total goals in last 8 games (1.5 goals per game)

-12 games in a row since they won a game in which they scored more than 3 goals.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
[

just by exemple, when marner on the ice at 5v5

18 shot for 6 against
16 SCF vs 5 SCA
HDCF 6 vs 0 against
Expected goal for 1,75 against 0,25

When Nylander on the ice
shot 7v4
SC 7v5
HDC 3v1
ecpected goal 0,61 vs 0,25

I don't know what's your definition of worst but we certainly don't have the same one
you ever heard of the matty effect your playing with the best center on your team and the best left winger on your team against an ahl team are you being serious?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad