Confirmed with Link: Leafs hire Mark Leach from the Stars as their new director of amateur scouting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Leach had a lot of input on the famous 2017 Dallas draft, being one of the main scouts on their three home runs

I love all of this. The way he linked Heiska to Lidstrom, Larionov etc. Given our pathetic history drafting d-men, perhaps this guy could be the answer finally to fixing that. Sounds like he was one of McDonnell's (Stars Director of Amateur Scouting) most trusted scouts.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
stealing from Dallas is smart. Hopefully he can flex here

leach,-mark-(2).jpg

Reactions: Captain34

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Holy Trev W

How did we steal this guy from Jim Nill? I thought Wes Clark may have been a loss at the time, but this is a hilariously huge upgrade.

Wes could only dream of accomplishing in his career what Leach has done in the past, and Leach is still superior in the present.

I can only assume they gave him a hefty raise and title upgrade to split from his pal Jim Nill. It's a reverse Wes in that Leach is leaving his pal instead of joining his pal.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I'm not going to pretend to know who he is, but a trusted Senior Dallas scout is more than okay with me.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

I really wanted this and posted about this few weeks ago.

Didn't you say Dallas would never part ways............Ahem Ahem

I kid I kid

We don't need to his home runs every draft but get me anything like Jason Robertsson or Wyatt Jhonston once in a while, I am happy

They did really well with their latter rounds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad