Leafs have 10 players with 40pts or more

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I'm shocked that a team with lots of depth that balances ice time so players aren't over-strained didn't have a lot of injuries.

I seem to remember HF also whining that the Leafs were "generationally healthy" last year.

Maybe you should get used to it? Ahaha.

LOL.

Reactions: Saidin

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Best team in the league with the widest roster and the sharpest top end. People have been underestimating the Leaf's and Matthews for too long, this will change when they dominate the Play-offs and advance to at least the SCFs.
Matthews has been in the league for 2 years lol. That line makes it sound like matthews is a 10 year veteran or something

Reactions: Seanaconda and LDN

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Good team. Would've been better in the coming years if they got something back for Bozak and JVR. They're about to make the same mistake with Gardiner, too.
can agree to that although it is arguable. It’s hard to pass on your own rentals when your trying to acquire cheap rentals at the Deadline. Would have loved to see a cpl firsts coming our way but hopefully liljegren and our first this year pan out

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I have not double checked, but it was #1 Anaheim and #2 Bruins for more injuries, for the longest time. I believe that the sustained amount of injuries makes them neck and neck for unluckiest in the league.

Other posters in this very thread cited that the Leafs had the 4th least injuries in the league. Though I personally don't have that data. You ought to ask them.
If you are going to claim a statistic as evidence to support your argument but can't actually cite the source, then it isn't going to hold much weight. If you have numbers to show that support your point, then post them and we can discuss that, otherwise it is just meaningless hear-say.

I hope your Bruins meet the Leafs in the Playoffs, then we can finally put this myth that the Leafs only got to where they were by luck and not skill to the test.

Obviously I am missing something about the Leafs roster regarding the bolded part. I know Matthews was a huge blow (and the team did remarkably well in his absence) but looking at the leafs roster I dont see other core guys missing substantial chunks of time? Who am I missing? Andersen missed games too, right? Otherwise, from a casual observer I say they are good AND healthy.

That said, there is no denying the amazing depth the Leafs have built in a short time. The 10 x 40 point players is a testament to that. The team can role 3 lines (4?) with the best in the league. And their core is very young and among the best and deepest league wide.
Matthews, Rielly, Andersen, Zaisev and Komorov all missed substantial time this season due to injuries. That is the team's 1st line centre, 1D-man, starting goalie, second pair D-man and third line winger/top penalty killer... not losses that are particularly easy to overcome. Other players missed games here and there, but those were the main injuries. I certainly won't claim that the Leafs were especially injury prone this year, but they certainly overcame their fair share of injuries, particularly to players in key positions.

CujosMask

Nov 24, 2017
Don't make the mistake of reading this thread without signing in first. [mod]

Still a pretty terrible thread though. Hell of a season!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I'm shocked that a team with lots of depth that balances ice time so players aren't over-strained didn't have a lot of injuries.

I seem to remember HF also whining that the Leafs were "generationally healthy" last year.

Maybe you should get used to it? Ahaha.

It's very impressive. Don't know why I'm getting so much backlash because I corrected someone by stating a fact. I've made no attempt to diminish the accomplishment but for some reason people are still going on the defensive.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I know you think it's funny, but the Leafs did pour a ton of money into a sports science team once Shanahan came on board. Theyve been super careful when guys have gotten injured and even kept them out a little longer than necessary to make sure they come back with no lasting effects. As well they have the players on a lot of regiments and protocols to maximize quality of health. There were a few articles about it and the players even mentioned the changes compared to the old regimes. Babcock has also commented on it.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
It's very impressive. Don't know why I'm getting so much backlash because I corrected someone by stating a fact. I've made no attempt to diminish the accomplishment but for some reason people are still going on the defensive.

Don't worry dude, it's the theme in a lot of these threads.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
STATS SAY IT ALL.
  • Leafs are the 3RD BEST OFFENSE IN THE NHL
  • LEAFS HAVE More goals scored than: Bruins, Preds, Vegas, Caps.
  • ONLY the Jets/Lightning have more goals scored than the Leafs.
Tell me again: Why do the Bruins fans' think they have a better Offense than the Leafs?

Leafs have more goals scored. End of story. Stop trying to make a narrative that doesn't exist.

Reactions: ThewThew

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
In the Stanley Cup Finals, the team with the most Offensive Fire Power usually wins.

Blackhawks vs. Flyers, --- Flyers were outmatched by Hawks' scoring.

Pens vs Preds. ----- Preds. lacking of scoring made them outmatched by Kessel/Crosby/Malkin/Hornq/Guentzel/Sheary

Kings vs NYR: ------- Rangers were COMPLETELY OUTMATCHED by Kings' offense, Kings had CARTER/Kopitar/Brown/Williams/Richards/GABORIK

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
If you are going to claim a statistic as evidence to support your argument but can't actually cite the source, then it isn't going to hold much weight. If you have numbers to show that support your point, then post them and we can discuss that, otherwise it is just meaningless hear-say.

I hope your Bruins meet the Leafs in the Playoffs, then we can finally put this myth that the Leafs only got to where they were by luck and not skill to the test.

Matthews, Rielly, Andersen, Zaisev and Komorov all missed substantial time this season due to injuries. That is the team's 1st line centre, 1D-man, starting goalie, second pair D-man and third line winger/top penalty killer... not losses that are particularly easy to overcome. Other players missed games here and there, but those were the main injuries. I certainly won't claim that the Leafs were especially injury prone this year, but they certainly overcame their fair share of injuries, particularly to players in key positions.

Thank you, counselor. Now go ask that dude about that, because I don't have a link myself.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Don't make the mistake of reading this thread without signing in first. Much easier to read when that Bruins troll isn't talking.

Still a pretty terrible thread though. Hell of a season!

Agreed. He's made it a habit to sidetrack and hijack Leaf threads. It's like clockwork.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
STATS SAY IT ALL.
  • Leafs are the 3RD BEST OFFENSE IN THE NHL
  • LEAFS HAVE More goals scored than: Bruins, Preds, Vegas, Caps.
  • ONLY the Jets/Lightning have more goals scored than the Leafs.
Tell me again: Why do the Bruins fans' think they have a better Offense than the Leafs?

Leafs have more goals scored. End of story. Stop trying to make a narrative that doesn't exist.

You must be worried about playing Tampa and the Jets then.

I mean they scored more goals, they are very obviously better offensively than the Leafs.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Thank you, counselor. Now go ask that dude about that, because I don't have a link myself.
It is not my job to dig up proofs for your argument. If you don't want to do the research yourself you shouldn't make such claims.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I know you think it's funny, but the Leafs did pour a ton of money into a sports science team once Shanahan came on board. Theyve been super careful when guys have gotten injured and even kept them out a little longer than necessary to make sure they come back with no lasting effects. As well they have the players on a lot of regiments and protocols to maximize quality of health. There were a few articles about it and the players even mentioned the changes compared to the old regimes. Babcock has also commented on it.

That's all good stuff, but I don't think that they're the only ones.

Also... Injuries mostly come down to unlucky situations. I mean, after all & for example, a Brandon Carlo getting his skate stuck in a rut and getting his fibula broken in the subsequent twisting motion couldn't have been avoided by any sports science team. Same goes for a puck to the skate that breaks a bone. A Paquette high hit to the head, causing a concussion. Or diverticulitis that gets one to have a foot of intestines excised. Etc etc...

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
It is not my job to dig up proofs for your argument. If you don't want to do the research yourself you shouldn't make such claims.
Not my argument. I mentioned it en passant. Get off your high horse. Lighten up, will ya?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
That's all good stuff, but I don't think that they're the only ones.

Also... Injuries mostly come down to unlucky situations. I mean, after all & for example, a Brandon Carlo getting his skate stuck in a rut and getting his fibula broken in the subsequent twisting motion couldn't have been avoided by any sports science team. Same goes for a puck to the skate that breaks a bone. A Paquette high hit to the head, causing a concussion. Or diverticulitis that gets one to have a foot of intestines excised. Etc etc...
he tried to kick the puck out of the defensive zone and he ended up missing it and took a fall for the ages and twisted his ankle then. he didn't get it caught in a rut

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
You must be worried about playing Tampa and the Jets then.

I mean they scored more goals, they are very obviously better offensively than the Leafs.

The Bruins must be worried about playing the Leafs, I mean the Leafs are 7-1 against them over the past two seasons.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Ladies and gentlemen, your 2018 multiple player 40 point scoring champions, the Toronto maple leafs!! gonna need a big podium to hold all these guys up at the same time.

If only we could have team like the oilers. Thank god we don’t. McDavid is going to end up a better golfer than a hockey player if he stays in Edmonton.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
In the Stanley Cup Finals, the team with the most Offensive Fire Power usually wins.

Blackhawks vs. Flyers, --- Flyers were outmatched by Hawks' scoring.

Pens vs Preds. ----- Preds. lacking of scoring made them outmatched by Kessel/Crosby/Malkin/Hornq/Guentzel/Sheary

Kings vs NYR: ------- Rangers were COMPLETELY OUTMATCHED by Kings' offense, Kings had CARTER/Kopitar/Brown/Williams/Richards/GABORIK

So, you are basically saying that whoever scores more goals than the opponent wins?

The Bruins outscored the Canucks 23-8 to win the Cup in 2011: you might be onto something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad