Post-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs | Leafs win 2-1!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
He has been absent for a long time. Hopefully Frattin wakes up so we can put him in and sit those who need it.
There was one play, I think it was in the third, he tripped over the Leafs blue line and swung his head back like he was shot.

I don't think he's all there.

NaiveLeafsFan

Aug 29, 2010
Ajax, UofT
Thought Bozak was atrocious last night. Liked Kostka's game, but I can see why he hadn't made the NHL til now. Dude is pretty slow.

Also whats with Liles not being on the top PP unit with Dion? Thought it strugged on the entry without Liles. Maybe we'll see an adjustment but we did get two PPGs so likely we won't.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Thought Bozak was atrocious last night. Liked Kostka's game, but I can see why he hadn't made the NHL til now. Dude is pretty slow.

Also whats with Liles not being on the top PP unit with Dion? Thought it strugged on the entry without Liles. Maybe we'll see an adjustment but we did get two PPGs so likely we won't.

The PP was 2/5 last night and Bozak and his line had a good 2 way game. Bozak also had 3 hits, and scored a goal. Pretty atrocious game by the PP and Bozak there. :sarcasm:

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
After watching the Pens vs Flyers, and the Bruins vs Rangers

After watching the Leafs vs Canadiens they didn't even look like they belonged in the same league.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
After watching the Leafs vs Canadiens they didn't even look like they belonged in the same league.

Can't disagree, I will be surprised if we do not get a top 10 pick this year, I have us somewhere between 3-7, looks like NY Isles and Montreal are leaders for worst teams this year. Early favourites for the Seth Jones or Nathan Mackinnon sweepstakes.

mikebel111*

have those tanking supporters, forgot we were a playoff team for 70 percent of the season last year
then we just callapsed
meaning we are a good team, just a few holes
some of them were solved
we traded from strength to get a weakness, jvr, elite skill, who has good size
the first line centre is overblown, bozak does a good job there, not calling him a first liner, but he is a good replacement,
we finally have a good system in place, our d should be much better, plus when gardiner comes back, than we are really in good shape
goaltending is a question, but i have trust in reimer and scrivens

imo, this is a playoff team, just some things need to go well,

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
have those tanking supporters, forgot we were a playoff team for 70 percent of the season last year
then we just callapsed
meaning we are a good team, just a few holes
some of them were solved
we traded from strength to get a weakness, jvr, elite skill, who has good size
the first line centre is overblown, bozak does a good job there, not calling him a first liner, but he is a good replacement,
we finally have a good system in place, our d should be much better, plus when gardiner comes back, than we are really in good shape
goaltending is a question, but i have trust in reimer and scrivens

imo, this is a playoff team, just some things need to go well,

I think the upcoming game in Pittsburgh should be a good barometer as to where the Leafs stand in the East. The Habs right now just look awful.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
I think the upcoming game in Pittsburgh should be a good barometer as to where the Leafs stand in the East. The Habs right now just look awful.

I think were going to get slaughtered to be honest, the Malkin/Crosby/Neal line teared the rangers (a far superior team then us) a new one tonight. I agree if we can beat them goes a long way to showing everyone were on the right path.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I got a feeling after our home opener, it may be tank again. Buffalo is not Montreal, could be an eye opener, but I am all for being surprised if the Leafs are better than what I think they are.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
i don't understand why that markov hit by kadri was a penalty, kadri hit him on his side and markov just happened to turn the other way leaving him vulnerable.

our 3rd line was entertaining and easily the best, can't wait to see more of them.

Yeah, Markov was disgusting. I watched replays. He stares right at Kadri for like 2 seconds, then turns his numbers to him and slides down as he was shot.

That guy is probably 1 or 2 hits away from retirement. It's one thing to avoid physical contact, but it's quite another to put yourself in that position so nobody will want to touch you in fear of penalties and suspension.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Yeah, Markov was disgusting. I watched replays. He stares right at Kadri for like 2 seconds, then turns his numbers to him and slides down as he was shot.

That guy is probably 1 or 2 hits away from retirement. It's one thing to avoid physical contact, but it's quite another to put yourself in that position so nobody will want to touch you in fear of penalties and suspension.

The refs saw right through Markov's poor attempt. Kadri got the 2minutes so the boo birds would stop whining. Nothing more than a penalty to even things out for both sides.

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
The Pens are the best team in the East, if not the league. That is not a good measure of our team. Tomorrow's game against the Sabres, a team we should be battling for a playoff spot will be a lot better of a gauge.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Yeah, Markov was disgusting. I watched replays. He stares right at Kadri for like 2 seconds, then turns his numbers to him and slides down as he was shot

I agree he did turn his head but thats no excuse either for Kadri hitting him from behind. Just as quickly as Markov turned his head Kadri could have easily put the breaks on and let up, there was NO reason to hit him from behind. I'm not a habs fan but I'm tired of these players going out there and ramming players from behind head first into the boards, this is how serious injuries and even death occur. Kadri IMO was rightfully penaltized for his stupid actions out there.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Yeah, Markov was disgusting. I watched replays. He stares right at Kadri for like 2 seconds, then turns his numbers to him and slides down as he was shot

I agree he did turn his head but thats no excuse either for Kadri hitting him from behind. Just as quickly as Markov turned his head Kadri could have easily put the breaks on and let up, there was NO reason to hit him from behind. I'm not a habs fan but I'm tired of these players going out there and ramming players from behind head first into the boards, this is how serious injuries and even death occur. Kadri IMO was rightfully penaltized for his stupid actions out there.

Maybe you think real life happens at the same speed as a slo-mo replay, but Markov turned at the very last instant. Kadri was lined up shoulder-to-shoulder, and there was absolutely no time to pull up. He actually hits Markov's shoulder first as Markov is turning into the boards. Should have been no penalty, and Markov should stop being such an idiot if he ever wants to play a full season again.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
I think were going to get slaughtered to be honest, the Malkin/Crosby/Neal line teared the rangers (a far superior team then us) a new one tonight. I agree if we can beat them goes a long way to showing everyone were on the right path.

Chased Lundqvist out of the net. How often does that happen?

donkeyy0

May 31, 2011

They're playing together?? I thought crosby was playing between kunitz and dupuis. That line would be really scary. Epitome of all ur eggs in one basket though

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

Dude, watch it again. Kadri was only inches away when Markov started turning and he didn't even make it all the way around before contact.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON

I'm sorry, but "hit from behind" in my mind is action against _unsuspecting_ player. If player turns his back to avoid being hit and being fully aware that hit is coming, that hit should be allowed - no question. If you don't want to risk injury, then don't put yourself in that position, brace yourself, protect yourself and engage. Kadri did right thing and should have not been penalized.
IMHO.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo

Agreed with the fact that JML should be on the top PP with Dion. Especially on Saturday, Liles was our best d-man by a mile. He played brilliantly. Stoked to have him back to form.

Completely disagree with the Bozak assessment. I thought Bozak played a great defensive game (aside from getting dangled by Cole). Their line wasn't really clicking, but I thought Bozak looked faster and stronger than ever. I still think he can be a really good top-six center, he's improving every year (again, my opinion).

Kostka surprised me with his defensive play. He's actually pretty damn good in his own end. I agree that he looked slow, but I think nerves may have played a part. Having watched nearly all of the Marlies game this season, he never stood out to me as being slow. Time will tell if he's here to stay, but I'm Loov-ing our defensive depth, and I'd expect Paul Ranger to be with us next year.

Cheers. Go Leafs go.

leafspring*

wah-wah

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
The Pens are the best team in the East, if not the league. That is not a good measure of our team. Tomorrow's game against the Sabres, a team we should be battling for a playoff spot will be a lot better of a gauge.

No kidding.

It's too bad we can't play the Canadian Olympic team as a benchmark to see how we're progressing. :sarcasm:

NaiveLeafsFan

Aug 29, 2010
Ajax, UofT
Agreed with the fact that JML should be on the top PP. ith Dion. Especially on Saturday, Liles was our best d-man by a mile. He played brilliantly. Stoked to have him back to form.

Completely disagree with the Bozak assessment. I thought Bozak played a great defensive game (aside from getting dangled by Cole). Their line wasn't really clicking, but I thought Bozak looked faster and stronger than ever. I still think he can be a really good top-six center, he's improving every year (again, my opinion).

Kostka surprised me with his defensive play. He's actually pretty damn good in his own end. I agree that he looked slow, but I think nerves may have played a part. Having watched nearly all of the Marlies game this season, he never stood out to me as being slow. Time will tell if he's here to stay, but I'm Loov-ing our defensive depth, and I'd expect Paul Ranger to be with us next year.

Cheers. Go Leafs go.

Thought Bozak had a tough time handling the puck and working off of Kessel and Lupul. Still need a big upgrade on him in that slot. I hope we trade for ROR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad