Post-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs | Leafs win 2-1!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I should've expected the Phaneuf hate, but not this early. :facepalm:

Phaneuf looks lazy because he's reserving his energy! He played almost half the game! Of course he's not gonna run to every puck like a Mike Brown. He has to be smart about how he plays. Unfortunately, for him, Carlyle is going to play him like crazy and its gonna make him seem lazy, but he's just being smart by reserving energy.

You'll know he's being lazy when he's being beaten wide, but he didn't let anyone around him that game.

With that said, he's still clearly rusty. His hands seemed a bit off, just like everyone else on the ice, and I'm sure he'll improve each game.

By the way, I thought Kessel looked great out there. Was very impressed by him.

Lupul... not so much.
There is no half speed. It's all out all the time, shape up or ship out. If he can't handle 45 second shifts get off in 30. If you can't go 100 percent don't go out.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This is stupid..... a slow non athletic goaltender we hadd not too long ago won the conn smythe.

Giguere in his prime was a very athletic goalie who played a very tightly controlled systematic game. Reimer has certain limitations when it comes to reflexes, namely lateral mobility and terrible glove hand and it looks like his puck tracking is also not fantastic.

Bodybr3ak

Nov 19, 2010
I'm sure this has already been beaten to death but I really like Komarov out there. I know its only been ONE game but he looks like a faster, more aggressive, and cheaper version of Armstrong. Seemed like a way better pest too.

I really like that 3rd line with the two pests who can hit (Kadri, Komarov) and then the strong forchecker with a good scoring edge in JVR.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
For anyone who lives in the Ottawa Valley, do Leaf games work on Sportsnet Ontario?

Nope. Blacked out. Even if the Sens aren't playing it's blacked out. Can't even watch the West teams either on Sportsnet.

It sucks big time.

DaveT83*

Biggest Dissappointments in last nights game:

1. JVR - Slow - Lost - Reminded of watching Joe C
2. Phaneuf - Looks slow - That goal against was awful to watch.
3. Kulie - Where is the offence? Atleast he's playing solid D

Biggest Suprises:

1. Kostka
2. Kadri
3. Komorov

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
I think the best part about last night's game was that the players who had major question marks around them really had great games (Scrivens, Kadri, Kostka, Liles, Franson, Komarov). Just a terrific team game which is good to see. I also love that the Leafs are rolling three scoring lines with the usual top 6 and JVR-Kadri-Komarov on the 3rd line. I've been suggesting that the Leafs put Kadri on a 3rd scoring line for a while and this line looked great. Also happy to see Orr dressed.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Biggest Suprises:

1. Kostka
2. Kadri
3. Komorov
JVR hasn't played all year, it was his first game with a new team, and he hurt his foot earlier this week. I'd say give him a few games to get settled. I think he'll be great for us.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

1. Was apart of our best looking line, wasn't as fast as he would be in a normal January.... JUST LIKE EVERYBODY

2. Wasn't as fast as he would be in a normal January..... JUST LIKE EVERYBODY

3. Sorry he didn't score? Don't expect him to score on a 30 goal pace like 2 years ago, his defense is the main part of his game.

I don't get people.... this guy was slow, he was slow, oh he sucks he is really slow...

It was a 6 day training cap, of course they aren't as fast as they would be if there was a full training camp.

I sometimes question if some people have actually played hockey

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
"This is about earning back respect for the team and the organization"

Probably my favorite thing said by anyone involved with the Leafs in years.

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
It was a good game to watch, I like the first 3 lines a lot with The energetic youth. I'm so glad we don't have schenn anymore, his style is too old school.

Dr Turk

Jul 4, 2008
Toronto
I'm a bit concerned Kadri only got 9 minutes playing time. Maybe a sign Carlyle doesn't quite trust him defensively yet.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Just wanted to throw Bozak a bone here. He had a decent game. Did everything I expect out of him but watching him throw his weight around with a couple of hits was a pleasant surprise. Looks stronger this year.

I like the flow he's grown back from is University of Denver days. Suits him well.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I'm a bit concerned Kadri only got 9 minutes playing time. Maybe a sign Carlyle doesn't quite trust him defensively yet.

It's not a concern. He gave him 3rd line minutes + PP time. I thought he utilized Kadri fine in the first game. He will get more ice-time if he keeps up his play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad