Proposal: Leafs - Flyers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Prospects for prospect deals never work out well. I wouldn't do it simply because flyers need for current and future d is greater than their need for forwards regardless of how much potential they have

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
We'll, that spiraled down real fast. And here we were all being civil.

I think it's to early for either side to start beating their chests like King Kong.
Let these guys develop, they've barely started their careers. They play different positions/games. We need some kind of 3 years in the NHL rule before >>>>>> or <<<<<<.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I think it's to early for either side to start beating their chests like King Kong.
Let these guys develop, they've barely started their careers. They play different positions/games. We need some kind of 3 years in the NHL rule before >>>>>> or <<<<<<.

I'm perfectly ok with the Nylander Provorov stuff, don't get me wrong. But Connor Brown for Sanheim is just..bad.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
No Flyer fan makes that trade.

There are also more than a handful of Flyer fans who think Sanheim is still the best prospect in the system, despite being further away from realizing his potential than Provorov or Konecny seem to be.

Regardless of what fans would or would not do, Nylander is widely regarded as the better prospect.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Have to disagree they are both in the same ballpark despite Provorov being almost a year younger.

I agree. However the idea of a Nylander for Provorov trade is a scary one for both sides. In a perfect world they both become 1C-1D but the chance of trading a possible 1-C/D for a player who may not reach their potential is just too scary.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
Have to disagree they are both in the same ballpark despite Provorov being almost a year younger.

I'm just going to defer to the various professional scouting lists out there for you to look at.

Have a read through some of them and let me know if you have the same opinion when you're finished.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What is with these sudden influx of Nylander rumors? Lol. We know he's good, that's why we'd like to keep him barring a silly overpayment or top pairing rhd with term ie. Faulk. Neither of those is going to happen and 'fair value' or not, nylander doesn't get moved for sanheim.

What rumours?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm just going to defer to the various professional scouting lists out there for you to look at.

Have a read through some of them and let me know if you have the same opinion when you're finished.

Maybe you could link to some of them.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Blows my mind that people for some reason think Nylander for Provorov isn't fair VALUE.

Personal preference I can understand, but definitely same value, people on here blow my mind with their bias and hyperbole with their comments.

Yes the Leafs have great prospects right now and some of them are worth just as much or more then your great prospects. Get over it.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Blows my mind that people for some reason think Nylander for Provorov isn't fair VALUE.

Personal preference I can understand, but definitely same value, people on here blow my mind with their bias and hyperbole with their comments.

Yes the Leafs have great prospects right now and some of them are worth just as much or more then your great prospects. Get over it.

Likewise, other teams have prospects that are as good or better than Nylander. I'm with you in that the value is probably really close (personal preference due to team need is Provorov, but i digress), but it works both ways. Let's not play the "look, everyone's bashing leaf prospects because they're leafs" card when you have people saying they'd give Brown for Sanheim, who is arguably the most talented prospect in the flyers system. Yes, above Provorov.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Likewise, other teams have prospects that are as good or better than Nylander. I'm with you in that the value is probably really close (personal preference due to team need is Provorov, but i digress), but it works both ways. Let's not play the "look, everyone's bashing leaf prospects because they're leafs" card when you have people saying they'd give Brown for Sanheim, who is arguably the most talented prospect in the flyers system. Yes, above Provorov.

Absolutely, both sides of each fan base are guilty.

Nylander/Provorov is subject to preference imo. Just kind of frustrating when you read the comments on here where people blow a lot of things out of proportion.

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site

I follow WHL as close as anyone and that's not the case at all. Sanheim and Provorov are both really good prospects but Provorov is a level higher than Sanheim.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I follow WHL as close as anyone and that's not the case at all. Sanheim and Provorov are both really good prospects but Provorov is a level higher than Sanheim.

Sanheim's ceiling is at least as high, and most scouts put it higher than Provorov's. He's not as likely to reach it, but the talent level is certainly there. Don't take this the wrong way, because in no way do i mean any offense to you, but i'll take the opinions of people that do this for a living over yours.

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
Sanheim's ceiling is at least as high, and most scouts put it higher than Provorov's. He's not as likely to reach it, but the talent level is certainly there. Don't take this the wrong way, because in no way do i mean any offense to you, but i'll take the opinions of people that do this for a living over yours.

No offence taken and I will absolutely defer to the masses of scouts should they disagree but I've never heard or read these reports and find it surprising most professional scouts have that opinion. Any chance you could post some of the links to these consensus rankings, I would appreciate it and it will help me better understand what I'm obviously incapable of recognizing on my own.
Thank you.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

there is a lot of hyperbole going on, from both sides, however Provorov does have more value than Nylander. why? because lets assume they both reach their potential, Provorov becomes a #1 D and Nylander a top line scoring winger. #1 D are far more valuable than top line forwards. that's not a debate. assuming they both reach their expected potential of course. which we won't know for a few years. but no team would ever give up a potential #1 stud D for a potential top line winger. the only thing that would beat the value of a stud #1 D is a franchise player like McDavid, and Nylander ain't that.

Nylander is Filip Forsberg 2.0 conservatively speaking. What does Provorov project to be ?

a #1 defenseman.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
there is a lot of hyperbole going on, from both sides, however Provorov does have more value than Nylander. why? because lets assume they both reach their potential, Provorov becomes a #1 D and Nylander a top line scoring winger. #1 D are far more valuable than top line forwards. that's not a debate. assuming they both reach their expected potential of course. which we won't know for a few years. but no team would ever give up a potential #1 stud D for a potential top line winger. the only thing that would beat the value of a stud #1 D is a franchise player like McDavid, and Nylander ain't that.

a #1 defenseman.

Centre, let's be fair here. Nylander played all of last year in the AHL and NHL as a centre. He's going to start at wing this year because we won Matthews, we have a lot of centre depth and it is easier to help him break into the league as a winger, no different then Zetterberg back in the day or Larkin last season with Detroit.

#1C would be his potential.

#1D would be Provorov's potential

We just saw Johansen go for Jones. I say both are equally valuable but it would depend on what what your defense and centre depth looks like when you make that trade.

It was easy for Nashville to do that - They had Weber (now Subban) and Ellis to hold down 1-2 RD slots.

Columbus got a wicked defenseman but nothing on the horizon really as a true #1C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad