Proposal: Leafs - Flyers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
that would be pretty bad in terms of value for philly, dmen are worth a lot more, larsson, gudbranson are examples of that, heck even polak got the leafs 2 2nds

It depends on timing and team trading needs.
Jones for Johanson, pretty even center for D but Dougie Hamilton went for picks only.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Nylander proposals are so tired.

Beyond that, this proposal is two teams that spent a lot of time grooming prospects for key organizational roles that suddenly should trade them why?

To set bad precedents for their peers?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Same thing they added with Luke Schenn.

Based on my current understanding of HF boards that means they will be adding JVR (who is the most universally valuable when you want it to be so and expendable piece on your team...if it fits your ludicrous trade proposal scenario), Harrington and a choice of other non tender candidates the fans suddenly decide have B rating status...Leuv maybe? The cycle continues and the hockey world keeps revolving around Toronto... hats off on using a trade from years ago as a rebuttal though...I guess our flipping of Gaustad just barely trumps you if thats the basis of discussion here...

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Or it's factual but...hey it's really no business of mine.

Factual? It's a comparison between two highly lauded prospects playing different positions. However you look at, it'll be subjective. Circumstances are just too different for anything else.

Looking at what they've done, I think it's hard to separate them by anything other than preference, and they tend to be regarded in the same group of top prospects.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
What is with these sudden influx of Nylander rumors? Lol. We know he's good, that's why we'd like to keep him barring a silly overpayment or top pairing rhd with term ie. Faulk. Neither of those is going to happen and 'fair value' or not, nylander doesn't get moved for sanheim.

People are thinking (wrongly) that we have a position of strength now, so lets deal some of it for a weakness.

I think its wrong to deal away our depth.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
People are thinking (wrongly) that we have a position of strength now, so lets deal some of it for a weakness.

I think its wrong to deal away our depth.

Flyers fans have been saying this about our D prospects for a while now. Nylander is a fantastic prospect for sure. But having a bunch of really good defenders is a good problem to have. I'm happy to cross that bridge if and when we get there, just as Leafs fans should be about their potential center depth.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Umm Willy Nylander was literally just voted a better prospect than Provorov...and the media tends to lean that way as well.

Ya really. I just tried to find a list where Nylander isn't ranked higher than Provorov and I couldn't. TSN, Hockeysfuture, and even on here the ongoing poll over the last few weeks Willy was ranked higher. I get not wanting to trade Provorov for him, but to suggest the value is way off in favor of the Leafs is ridiculous.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Toronto doesn't do it because Nylander is arguably a top 5 prospect, but Sanheim has become underrated ever since the Flyers drafted Provorov. The only defensive prospects I personally take over him are Provorov, Werenski, and Theodore.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
What's with all the nylander trades? He could be a potential Seguin(top end #1 center)..

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
As a Flyers fan, I do not make this trade.

Sanheim is "untouchable", even for a top 5 forward prospect.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Both are the types of prospects that don't get traded, and for good reason. Value is irrelevant.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Flyers fans have been saying this about our D prospects for a while now. Nylander is a fantastic prospect for sure. But having a bunch of really good defenders is a good problem to have. I'm happy to cross that bridge if and when we get there, just as Leafs fans should be about their potential center depth.

Yeah. Besides, it only really becomes a position of strength once the players start to establish themselves.

I think it's more that both teams have a lot of really good possible solutions to their respective roles at this point. You don't thin that out and take the chance that you get disappointing development and suddenly have a need again.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah. Besides, it only really becomes a position of strength once the players start to establish themselves.

I think it's more that both teams have a lot of really good possible solutions to their respective roles at this point. You don't thin that out and take the chance that you get disappointing development and suddenly have a need again.

Exactly.. Sanheim looks comfortable playing right, and Ghost did fine last year, which if all goes well, leaves us with a d core moving forward of ( in no particular order):

Ghost
Provorov
Sanheim
Gudas
Morin

And that doesn't include Meyers either. The likelihood of all them reaching ceilings isn't high, but they're all likely top 4 at a minimum. I'm OK with that.

Meanwhile Toronto has Matthews, Marner, Nylander, and Kadri. I know Kadri has played some wing in the past, and I'm sure either of Marner or Nylander could slide there. There's plenty of room on each team for both to be more than content keeping rhir own prospects.

Plus, Noone wants to be the one who traded the 1c or 1d for the prospect that fell short.

Mad Brills*

One more time for posterity,

ANY Nylander trade has to have a RHD coming back. The leafs have enough LHD prospects, even though sanheim would be their best by a bit.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Flyer fan here.

I think Nylander is great and will be a star. I think he is Toronto's best young player after Matthews. Also, he is much more likely to hit star status than Sanheim. From Toronto's perspective I understand why they would say no.

As a Flyers fan, I would also be against the deal. The Flyers really desperately need good defensman. Even if Ghost hit and Provorov hits, I would want to keep Sanheim. There is no such thing as too many good defensman and good forwards are much easier to trade for and add via free agency. I think Sanheim will need minimum 1 year in the AHL and likely 2 years in the AHL but will be a future top 2 defenseman.

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
Lol Nylander >>> Sanheim.

It would take Provorov to get Nylander. We would give you Connor Brown for Sanheim.

No Flyer fan makes that trade.

There are also more than a handful of Flyer fans who think Sanheim is still the best prospect in the system, despite being further away from realizing his potential than Provorov or Konecny seem to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad