Proposal: Leafs - Ducks blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

saskduckfan

Mar 20, 2016
The counter offers aren't serious. Just comparing what the original Leafs fan wants and wants to give up to what that would look like from an Anaheim perspective. Leaf fan wants 3 of the Ducks best players for next to nothing without offering Kerfoot to make it nothing, so I countered with the Ducks next to nothing players for the Leafs better players. Similar idea. Just basically showing how bad the initial offer was.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
This is terrible. Toronto gets the 3 best players by far.

I know Dangle brought this up on his podcast this week but it makes no sense. Ducks don't want to trade Gibson and why would they want a UFA goalie in Campbell? Literally idiotic fan boy stuff that is just fueled by mind bending pretzel logic.

Muzzin basically has no value if not negative value at this point. His body is broken down... he's gonna be close to cooked in the very near future.

Robertson and Abruzzese are magic beans and may never do anything at the NHL level.

1sts are nice of course but that's not enough tangible assets coming back. There's a reason why the cap is so lopsided in this trade. Toronto can't take on that much salary and not give anything of value back from their roster.

If Campbell isn't their guy for the playoffs then they should try to trade him for Fleury or something like that. Chicago would maybe bite because they may see Campbell as a goalie they can sign and play with for the next few years. Fleury may have some old man goalie magic and actually win a round for Toronto.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Leafs get:

Rakell (UFA)
Lindhom (UFA)
Gibson

Ducks get:
1st 2022
1st 2023 unprotected
Nick Robertson
Abruzzese
Jake Muzzin
Jack Campbell(UFA)

Essentially this is an all in move. Upgrade from Muzzin to Lindholm and from Kerfoot to Rakell in the top 6. Add one of the top goalies going.

Ducks basically get a top 4 dman with a few years left of term for their UFA, along with 2 firsts, top prospect, an A prospect, and a replacement goalie having a great season. They can flip him or sign him.

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Rakell - Tavares - Nylander
Kerfoot - Kampf - Kase
Simmonds - Spezza - Engvall

Rielly - Brodie
Lindholm - Liljegren
Sandin - Bush
Dermott - Holl

Gibson
Mrazek
We get 2 late firsts, LTIR Muzzin, Campbell who probably wants $5M+ on his next deal and can't handle 1G workload. Robertson is good.

It's not the worst by far that I've seen, but Ducks are climbing up, getting ready to go, as such we need Gibson.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't realise you're also asking Lindholm. Go pound sand.

Easy fact, if a homer leaf fan makes a proposal, it will suck for your team and massively favour theirs.

Last edited:

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
While the value seems to be pretty bad for the Ducks, it also seems to be extremely problematic for the Leafs.

#1 -- it doesn't come anywhere close to working from a cap perspective this year. The Leafs have minimal cap space with everyone healthy, this deal sees $7.3m out on Campbell & Muzzin, but $15.4m in on 3 players.

#2 - Consider what this does to the Leafs after this year.

Gibson is a $6.4m goalie. Rakell is probably a $4-5m forward. Lindholm is probably a $7m+ defenceman.

The Leafs have an impending cap crunch before this deal.

Campbell likely comes in comfortably under $6.4m. While the Leafs will need a "muzzin replacement" if they move him, they're probably going to be limited to spending in the $4-5m range.

Even if they could fit it cap-wise this year, the likely outcome of doing a trade like this a few months from now would be a complete emptying of the asset pool (2 x 1sts + Robertson), and John Gibson at $6.4m, meaning you've probably only got $2-3m to replace Jake Muzzin/Hampus Lindholm, after trading Mrazek and/or Kerfoot.

Ultimately, a lot of the speculation from the talking heads is that Dubas is only going to open up the "big wallet" if it's for pieces that are fits beyond this year. Personally, I believe it. The Leafs got burned big time on Foligno & co. last year; and are in a spot where they know they need to find some cheaper players for next year.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Take Gibson out, ducks aren’t trading him, not for one or two more years till dostol is ready

I’d say something like:
Rakell
Lindholm

for

2022 2023 1st
2023 2nd
Robertson

Rentals almost always cost 1st+

it’s basically rakell for a 1st and a B prospect and
Lindholm for a 1st and a 2nd

this also depends on any nmcs and what the clauses are, so this trade seems kinda unrealistic too

My value still isn’t perfect but I feel it’s much better than what op has proposed

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Take Gibson out, ducks aren’t trading him, not for one or two more years till dostol is ready

I’d say something like:
Rakell
Lindholm

for

2022 2023 1st
2023 2nd
Robertson

Rentals almost always cost 1st+

it’s basically rakell for a 1st and a B prospect and
Lindholm for a 1st and a 2nd

this also depends on any nmcs and what the clauses are, so this trade seems kinda unrealistic too

My value still isn’t perfect but I feel it’s much better than what op has proposed
As a Leaf fan, I would do this.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Please no John Gibson.

23 goals against in his last 5 games and pulled twice.

Last edited:

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
The Ducks counter with a similar proposal

Leafs get
Shattenkirk
1st Rd pick in 2024
Tracy
Steel

Ducks get
Marner

Basically the same as you're asking. Ducks to give up 3 of their better players for a UFA goalie, an older overpaid defenseman that is not an upgrade over Lindholm and some unproven prospect that you are calling a top 4 d. If he was top 4 d, why isnt he on the Leafs top 4 then? Why would the Ducks give up an elite goalie under contract for an above average goalie that they have to resign and might cost more. So Leafs go all in and Ducks get worse.

If uou want Rakell, Lindholm, and Gibson a realistic trade would be

Leafs get
Rakell
Lindholm
Gibson

Ducks get
Matthews
Nylander

A stud defenseman and goalie for stud forwards.

Not enough from the leafs side, jesus leafs get a Lindholm, Rakell & Gibson all for Matthews & Nylander they have throw in Rielly or Marner + 2 first round picks and maybe Ducks say yes :popcorn:

Oct 18, 2011
Nope from me

The 2 firsts aren't going to be high picks

Like Robertson but the injuries are a concern

Muzzin and Campbell are essentially in the deal for financial reasons

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
If Blake Coleman can fetch one first as a rental then someone of Lindholm's calliber can easily get two and a prospect. Doesn't matter, he's resigning anyways.
A players value is what a GM is willing to pay. Just because one GM might have overpaid another GM won’t.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Nice blockbuster trade, there is only a couple of players trading teams. If you want a real blockbuster you need to have more players swapping teams.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
The Ducks counter with a similar proposal

Leafs get
Shattenkirk
1st Rd pick in 2024
Tracy
Steel

Ducks get
Marner

Basically the same as you're asking. Ducks to give up 3 of their better players for a UFA goalie, an older overpaid defenseman that is not an upgrade over Lindholm and some unproven prospect that you are calling a top 4 d. If he was top 4 d, why isnt he on the Leafs top 4 then? Why would the Ducks give up an elite goalie under contract for an above average goalie that they have to resign and might cost more. So Leafs go all in and Ducks get worse.

If uou want Rakell, Lindholm, and Gibson a realistic trade would be

Leafs get
Rakell
Lindholm
Gibson

Ducks get
Matthews
Nylander

A stud defenseman and goalie for stud forwards.
What the hell is this?
possibly the worst offer Ive ever seen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad