Proposal: Leafs - Ducks blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
The counter offers aren't serious. Just comparing what the original Leafs fan wants and wants to give up to what that would look like from an Anaheim perspective. Leaf fan wants 3 of the Ducks best players for next to nothing without offering Kerfoot to make it nothing, so I countered with the Ducks next to nothing players for the Leafs better players. Similar idea. Just basically showing how bad the initial offer was.
No the counters are worse than the OP
the OP never asked for your top stars like the counters are.
Some of you ANA fans looking worse than the worst Leafs fans right now

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Take Gibson out, ducks aren’t trading him, not for one or two more years till dostol is ready

I’d say something like:
Rakell
Lindholm

for

2022 2023 1st
2023 2nd
Robertson

Rentals almost always cost 1st+

it’s basically rakell for a 1st and a B prospect and
Lindholm for a 1st and a 2nd

this also depends on any nmcs and what the clauses are, so this trade seems kinda unrealistic too

My value still isn’t perfect but I feel it’s much better than what op has proposed
I think that is a fair value, tho I don’t see the leafs spending that many futures

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Don’t be ridiculous
Riduculous? You wanna see ridiculous
it was
Shattenkirk
1st Rd pick in 2024
Tracy
Steel
for Marner

or wait it gets better

Leafs get
Rakell
Lindholm
Gibson

Ducks get
Matthews
Nylander

and Leafs fans get bashed. these are the worst counters Ive ever seen.
like I said and Leafs fans get a bad rep around here while everyone is equally as bad

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Per my standard operating procedure whenever there's a Ducks/Leafs headline...

"No, absolutely not"

(opens thread)

(gets confirmation that there really 'is' something in the water in the GTA...)

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
and Leafs fans get bashed. these are the worst counters Ive ever seen.

Did you really think those were serious counter offers? When the original proposal is horrible, you really have to expect sarcastic counters if only to point out the absurdity of the original. If you're actually taking them seriously 'and' getting upset ... yeesh.

Reactions: dracom

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Did you really think those were serious counter offers? When the original proposal is horrible, you really have to expect sarcastic counters if only to point out the absurdity of the original. If you're actually taking them seriously 'and' getting upset ... yeesh.
trolling but still. Leafs fans gets NHL wide hate for it but when its someone else its no big deal
and also has been said that was counter to the awful OP offer

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
No the counters are worse than the OP
the OP never asked for your top stars like the counters are.
Some of you ANA fans looking worse than the worst Leafs fans right now

A) Is this your first day on HF? Every bad offer is met with countless terrible counter offers.

B) OP definitely did ask for two of the Ducks "top stars"

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
A) Is this your first day on HF? Every bad offer is met with countless terrible counter offers.

B) OP definitely did ask for two of the Ducks "top stars"
2 are UFA and the other is Gibson who is awesome as well but still alot to pay especially if those players
wont resign

Just funny how when a Leafs fan does it they get ripped and its always brought up how bad leafs fans are.
but if anyone else does it. its no big deal

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
2 are UFA and the other is Gibson who is awesome as well but still alot to pay especially if those players
wont resign

Just funny how when a Leafs fan does it they get ripped and its always brought up how bad leafs fans are.
Meh leafs fans create it, everything after Is mocking them

I’d ignore it and if you want to discuss potential trades do so with the fans that arnt here to troll

the way I see it
Lindholm = 1st + good prospect
Manson = 1st or 2nd + okay prospect
Rakell is tough…. But ideally similar to Manson

Gibson = cap dump + 1st + 2nd + good prospect from a contender

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
wont resign

Lindholm and Gibson are the Ducks two best players (or at least two of their top 3). They are among the team's "top stars" (your choice of words) by any possible definition. Even as a rental, Lindholm's trade value would eclipse the vast majority of players on the team, he's a #1 Dman.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Meh leafs fans create it, everything after Is mocking them

I’d ignore it and if you want to discuss potential trades do so with the fans that arnt here to troll

the way I see it
Lindholm = 1st + good prospect
Manson = 1st or 2nd + okay prospect
Rakell is tough…. But ideally similar to Manson

Gibson = cap dump + 1st + 2nd + good prospect from a contender
fair enough and good idea I will try to do that, sometimes they just get to me
and if I were ANA Id prob turn it down and look to move them in separate deals
I said it before and Ill say it again (different threads) Im willing to pay to get Gibson as long as its fair/slightly overpay
Im sure theres something that can be worked out between ANA and TOR
maybe
Campbell + 2022 TOR 1st + top prospect + b prospect? that fair?

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
fair enough and good idea I will try to do that, sometimes they just get to me
and if I were ANA Id prob turn it down and look to move them in separate deals
I said it before and Ill say it again (different threads) Im willing to pay to get Gibson as long as its fair/slightly overpay
Im sure theres something that can be worked out between ANA and TOR
maybe
Campbell + 2022 TOR 1st + top prospect + b prospect? that fair?
That’s in the ballpark of what I’d expect in a gibson move…. Tho Campbell prob higher value than most goalies we’d get in return

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
The Ducks counter with a similar proposal

Leafs get
Shattenkirk
1st Rd pick in 2024
Tracy
Steel

Ducks get
Marner

Basically the same as you're asking. Ducks to give up 3 of their better players for a UFA goalie, an older overpaid defenseman that is not an upgrade over Lindholm and some unproven prospect that you are calling a top 4 d. If he was top 4 d, why isnt he on the Leafs top 4 then? Why would the Ducks give up an elite goalie under contract for an above average goalie that they have to resign and might cost more. So Leafs go all in and Ducks get worse.

If uou want Rakell, Lindholm, and Gibson a realistic trade would be

Leafs get
Rakell
Lindholm
Gibson

Ducks get
Matthews
Nylander

A stud defenseman and goalie for stud forwards.

Realistic :sarcasm:

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Leafs get:

Rakell (UFA)
Lindhom (UFA)
Gibson

Ducks get:
1st 2022
1st 2023 unprotected
Nick Robertson
Abruzzese
Jake Muzzin
Jack Campbell(UFA)

Essentially this is an all in move. Upgrade from Muzzin to Lindholm and from Kerfoot to Rakell in the top 6. Add one of the top goalies going.

Ducks basically get a top 4 dman with a few years left of term for their UFA, along with 2 firsts, top prospect, an A prospect, and a replacement goalie having a great season. They can flip him or sign him.

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Rakell - Tavares - Nylander
Kerfoot - Kampf - Kase
Simmonds - Spezza - Engvall

Rielly - Brodie
Lindholm - Liljegren
Sandin - Bush
Dermott - Holl

Gibson
Mrazek

LOL. Come on, Man. In a Playstation game, a move like this MIGHT happen. But not in reality.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Lindholm and Gibson are the Ducks two best players (or at least two of their top 3). They are among the team's "top stars" (your choice of words) by any possible definition. Even as a rental, Lindholm's trade value would eclipse the vast majority of players on the team, he's a #1 Dman.

I dont think hes a #1 d but certainly a top 2. Ryan mcdonaugh should be a good exemple what category of d he is.

Mcdonaugh and jt miller vs howden, namesnikov hajek 1st round and conditionnal 2nd

Miller vs namesnikov+ 2nd pick . Miller was already = or better statistically in a worst team

Mcdonaugh with a year and half of contract vs 1st+ A prospect and B prospect

So i dont know how you can expect something like a 1st+ A to A+ prospect + B prospect for an a half of season of lindholm. It will look more like a 1st and B prospect lindholm value right now

saskduckfan

Mar 20, 2016
How was the OP not asking for top stars. They wanted the top goalie (arguably one of the best in the league), teams current best defenseman, and top 6 forward for UFA goalie that isnt as good, spare parts defenseman, a prospect nobody has heard of, another that cant crack the Leafs lineup, and draft picks. I replied with spare parts, defenseman similar to Muzzin, prospect similar to what was offered and picks.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
The Ducks counter with a similar proposal

Leafs get
Shattenkirk
1st Rd pick in 2024
Tracy
Steel

Ducks get
Marner

Basically the same as you're asking. Ducks to give up 3 of their better players for a UFA goalie, an older overpaid defenseman that is not an upgrade over Lindholm and some unproven prospect that you are calling a top 4 d. If he was top 4 d, why isnt he on the Leafs top 4 then? Why would the Ducks give up an elite goalie under contract for an above average goalie that they have to resign and might cost more. So Leafs go all in and Ducks get worse.

If uou want Rakell, Lindholm, and Gibson a realistic trade would be

Leafs get
Rakell
Lindholm
Gibson

Ducks get
Matthews
Nylander

A stud defenseman and goalie for stud forwards.
You couldn't put a package together for matthews alone that wouldn't gut your team. No one on the ducks is even close to him.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
To Leafs
Lindholm
Gibson

To
Ducks
2022 1st
2023 1st
Campbell
Muzzin
2022 2nd
2023 2nd

So 2022 1st + 2022 2nd + Campbell = Gibson
2023 1st + 2023 2nd + Muzzin = Lindholm

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
To Leafs
Lindholm
Gibson

To
Ducks
2022 1st
2023 1st
Campbell
Muzzin
2022 2nd
2023 2nd

Question, you are moving out 7,275,000 in cap, with Gibson's 6.4....is Lindholm signing for 875,00? Because i don't know how we would fit his 8 million dollar contract he will get otherwise.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Question, you are moving out 7,275,000 in cap, with Gibson's 6.4....is Lindholm signing for 875,00? Because i don't know how we would fit his 8 million dollar contract he will get otherwise.
I just put together what it would take, there would have to be cap moves like kerfoot, Mrazek, and others moved in the offseason.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Nylander and Sandin for 2 UFAs and Gibson?

sure sign us up bud.....
and people rip Leafs fans. this thread is a joke

No no that was on top of the 2x1sts and Robertson ++ he was saying that wasn't close and was substituting what was "fair" for 2 UFAs

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
To Leafs
Lindholm
Gibson

To
Ducks
2022 1st
2023 1st
Campbell
Muzzin
2022 2nd
2023 2nd

How to overate rental player value...

For sure half season lindholm will give a top 3 dman signed for 2 season and half, a 1st pick and a 2nd... and get more than 1 season and half of mcdonaugh who are the same type of dman... just be realist a moment

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad