Proposal: LEAFS - CHICAGO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Toronto Maple Leafs
Dylan Strome 3.0 M

Chicago Blackhawks
Alex Kerfoot 3.4 M
Strome has only this year left on his deal. So he’s more valuable than having the obligation to pay Kerfoot for two more years including this season.

It was hilarious watching Tyler Johnson start the first game on line 1 only to finish on the 4th line.

What in the heck was Chicago thinking when they acquired that awful contract? Tampa really pulled one over on Chicago with that trade.

You’re already way overpaying one 4th line C in TJ. Why add another low end C with term?

Jamie Winston

Jul 13, 2019
Strome has only this year left on his deal. So he’s more valuable than having the obligation to pay Kerfoot for two more years including this season.

It was hilarious watching Tyler Johnson start the first game on line 1 only to finish on the 4th line.

What in the heck was Chicago thinking when they acquired that awful contract? Tampa really pulled one over on Chicago with that trade.

You’re already way overpaying one 4th line C in TJ. Why add another low end C with term?
Jt isn’t a 4th line center. He will likely be our 3rd. But yeah after one game this move was definitely horrible just like how after one game Jones is going to suck. Give it some time Jt is not a bad player.

Crow

May 19, 2014
How did everyone forget about Seabrooks contract and how it affected how the hawks deal with the cap?

Reactions: Muffinalt

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Leafs look really good. They have the right group and shouldn’t change any players.

Reactions: teddygmr

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Kerfoot is actually really important to the Maple Leafs. He has been one of their best playoff performers recently, and he is absolutely worth what he's being paid.

I wouldn't move him for Strome, and I don't think Toronto management would, either.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Jt isn’t a 4th line center. He will likely be our 3rd. But yeah after one game this move was definitely horrible just like how after one game Jones is going to suck. Give it some time Jt is not a bad player.
I think you’ll have better luck seeing good play from Jones than you will TJ.

Tyler Johnson was pretty terrible the last few years in Tampa. Paying him $5mm for the next three years to be a bad bottom six C that will get worse the deeper he gets into his 30s was quite an offseason mistake made by Chicago.

impressive for Tampa to wiggle their way out of that cap hit. They are the best for a lot of reasons. Their GM wins a lot of trades in lopsided fashion. Time will prove this will be one of those trade wins.

TJ looked so hopelessly out of place in a top six role vs the Avs.

Last edited:

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004

Kerfoot is actually a decent NHL player who can slot in anyplace in the top 9, Strome is NOT, so, again, who holds more value, the versatile player, or the bust?

Reactions: TML1990

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Kerfoot is actually a decent NHL player who can slot in anyplace in the top 9, Strome is NOT, so, again, who holds more value, the versatile player, or the bust?
If Kerfoot is as valuable as you believe, TML aren’t shopping him.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Strome is just too slow. I'm sure he would of grabbed another gear by now if he was ever going to.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
...never said they were.
Me either. I’m not a Maple Leaf fan. Don’t follow them. But I see Kerfoot in a lot of these proposals. Don’t know exactly where that comes from. I do see Sportsnet types toss out his name when they are talking cap space issues TMLs are facing. I assume there must be some GM chatter about him being shopped. But maybe not. I doubt Kerfoot carries much trade value. There are a lot of Kerfoot types around the league. His $3.4mm AAV doesn’t make him one of the less expensive Kerfoots. But he’s not grossly overpaid either.

a lot of us Avs fans want to jettison JT Compher. I’d take a 7th round pick for him if Avs have no retention.

But the Avs seem to love JTC. He was on PP1 vs Chicago. On PK1 and skated 20 minutes two nights ago. 20 of his usually hollow minutes on the ice.

fans and journalists don’t always have a finger on the pulse of the franchise they follow/cover.

if TML are ever going to make a trade that moves a needle, it’s Nylander going out. Nylander is underrated on these boards. Any Kerfoot trade will be a “meh” trade if it ever happens at all.

Last edited:

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Me either. I’m not a Maple Leaf fan. Don’t follow them. But I see Kerfoot in a lot of these proposals. Don’t know exactly where that comes from. I do see Sportsnet types toss out his name when they are talking cap space issues TMLs are facing. I assume there must be some GM chatter about him being shopped. But maybe not. I doubt Kerfoot carries much trade value. There are a lot of Kerfoot types around the league. His $3.4mm AAV doesn’t make him one of the less expensive Kerfoots. But he’s not grossly overpaid either.

a lot of us Avs fans want to jettison JT Compher. I’d take a 7th round pick for him if Avs have no retention.

But the Avs seem to love JTC. He was on PP1 vs Chicago. On PK1 and skated 20 minutes two nights ago. 20 of his usually hollow minutes on the ice.

fans and journalists don’t always have a finger on the pulse of the franchise they follow/cover.

if TML are ever going to make a trade that moves a needle, it’s Nylander going out. Nylander is underrated on these boards. Any Kerfoot trade will be a “meh” trade if it ever happens at all.
Nylander isn’t moving. He’s our second best player & has shown consistent improvement season over season

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Nylander isn’t moving. He’s our second best player & has shown consistent improvement season over season
I should have said something like.

Nylander is only realistic trade candidate that moves the needle. I think he’d fetch a nice return if traded. Didn’t say it was a wise decision to do so. But he carries value. Good contract.

I guess you guys could shop your 1D as a rental but given TML want to go for it this year, hard to see that happening.

it’s virtually impossible to see how Dubas could or would trade any of your big 3.

marner wouldn’t fetch anything close to 100 cents on the dollar to make trading him palatable.

I don’t see Toronto being active traders this season. Just moves on the margins.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

You're underestimating how bad the Seabrook contract is. It may not even be insured--under previous NHL insurance programs they couldn't insure contracts past age 35.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You're underestimating how bad the Seabrook contract is. It may not even be insured--under previous NHL insurance programs they couldn't insure contracts past age 35.

I do plead ignorance to this. I know he’s LTIr right. Essentially retired.

But I think Chicago talked themselves into Tyler Johnson being a value accretive player and will soon regret it. This is a Contract Chicago may be buying out at some point.

go watch Jack Johnson’s goal Wednesday. Watch TJ on it. WTF is he doing? He’s a train wreck on that play and entirely responsible for creating that breakaway. Is he changing lines? Chasing shadows, trying to trip the Chicago defender. What’s he even doing so casually over by the boards. He looks like he’s barely trying out there. This is like his second shift for Chicago in his first game with them. And he’s already checked out. No effort or awareness. It’s super weird. It’s an inexplicable play by Tyler Johnson. I welcome anyone here to watch Johnson on that play and explain it to me. I’m vexed. It looks like he barely cares to be out there to me.

He looks like this a lot. A player that is not always mentally engaged. I’ve watched him a lot in Tampa and you see him drift in and out of the game both physically and mentally. Dude is just playing for a paycheck at this stage of his career.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad