Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Canucks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
President Trophy winners have been knocked out of first round by the underdogs more than a few times in the past, and I wouldn't mind to see it again this year.
You read my mind Hahaha
Boston is on a next level. My fingers are crossed that implode. If not and we meet then in round 2 it will be squeaky bum time in my house, but if we win that series only winning the cup would make me happier

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
President Trophy winners have been knocked out of first round by the underdogs more than a few times in the past, and I wouldn't mind to see it again this year.
They don’t look like your average Presidents Trophy winners.

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Sorry if it’s already been discussed, but is Schenn playing in this one against his very recent “old team”?

Reactions: Nylander88

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Sorry if it’s already been discussed, but is Schenn playing in this one against his very recent “old team”?
I'd have to think so. Have a feeling we'll go with the 7 D again. It's crazy to me we're going 7 D, and Liljegren is still sitting out. Crazy the D depth we have right now. But Schenn should be a mainstay on our blueline. Gustafson, Holl, Liljegren can rotate in as far as I'm concerned. I don't love the 11F setup. And I think ZAR is the type of guy we need in the playoffs up front.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'd have to think so. Have a feeling we'll go with the 7 D again. It's crazy to me we're going 7 D, and Liljegren is still sitting out. Crazy the D depth we have right now. But Schenn should be a mainstay on our blueline. Gustafson, Holl, Liljegren can rotate in as far as I'm concerned. I don't love the 11F setup. And I think ZAR is the type of guy we need in the playoffs up front.

Why exactly? Because he throws hits?

He hasn't been all that great defensively, and that is his calling card to make up for very subpar offensive ability. So he hasn't brought anything valuable to the table outside of hits which have really not been all that impactful. There is a high total, but when was the last time ZAR has really thrown a momentum changing hit?

Schenn should not be a mainstay on our blueline either. He is not one of the best 6, just like Gustafsson is not either. Schenn played 10 minutes against CGY and he didn't even do all that well.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Schenn wasn't a main stay on Tampa's blueline and he shouldn't be here. He's a fine 7th.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Excited to watch this one tonight. A lot of new players injected into the lineup over the last 2 weeks. More of a playoff style team. Hopefully they get to gelling really quickly.

Lots to be excited about around here. Go Leafs!

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Why exactly? Because he throws hits?

He hasn't been all that great defensively, and that is his calling card to make up for very subpar offensive ability. So he hasn't brought anything valuable to the table outside of hits which have really not been all that impactful. There is a high total, but when was the last time ZAR has really thrown a momentum changing hit?

Schenn should not be a mainstay on our blueline either. He is not one of the best 6, just like Gustafsson is not either. Schenn played 10 minutes against CGY and he didn't even do all that well.
Schenn is this year's Boosh. Liljegren will likely sit.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I’m sure tonight’s lines have been released by now, no?
Screenshot_20230304_155813_NHL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad