Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Canucks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019

We're a much better defensive team this year

Wow those are some elite numbers

Even the offence, I’d say it’s not bad. Matthews is having a much worse year than last year and we are on pace for 30 less goals, id say he could make up that difference.

Lafferty has been ok but I hope he can bring a little more to the table than basically being Blackwell 2.0. He's definitely not been as impactful as Acciari.
Well acciari is looking like a steal from that oreilly trade. Dude is legit

Lafferty has looked a bit meh. He’s tried some nice passes and has done decent forechecking, but yea I don’t see him as good as acciari. Hopefully he provides more as he gets accustomed to his linemates and roles

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
They have won exactly 2 games in Vancouver since 2010.

These little streaks/slumps in sports are perplexing and interesting.

Except for the fact they play more games in Buffalo this actually seems worse.

Vancouver also almost never wins in Toronto
I think we haven’t beat Arizona in like 20 years. Lol! No sure thing in sports.

I was mistaken we are 6 and 15 against them, but still…

Reactions: Jojalu

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007

We're a much better defensive team this year

Actually was a bit surprised to see we are up a point on last year considering we finished with 115 points and right now our pace is 111. So it must of meant there was quite the heater to finish the season, which I do not remember. But turns out we went 15-3-2. Wow. Would be pretty impressive to finish out that way again, but just finishing ahead of Tampa and finishing strong are key.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Sid Seixeiro is a p***y, always has been.

I'll never forget when he went on a disgraceful rant live on the air about Dion Phaneuf, and Phaneuf called the show to confront him. Seixeiro turtled like the bitch that he is.
Wait, Dion called the show???? lmao

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
No roster announcements anywhere yet? Are they gonna go with an 11-7 again? You have to think Schenn will be in against his old team. Hopefully Lil is back in.

If it's 6 D i hope we go with
McCabe - Brodie
Rielly - Schenn
Gio - Lily
Holl can sit up in the box and have a smoke and a pancake and just watch.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Spent 4 hours shoveling my big ass driveway on our wide ass street, snowplow piled up the snow like 5 and half feet blocking my driveway. Wifes having contractions, headed to Etobicoke general ! Might miss the game to witness the birth of our daughter, but I'll be sure to drop another $5 on the Canucks for the boys.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Spent 4 hours shoveling my big ass driveway on our wide ass street, snowplow piled up the snow like 5 and half feet blocking my driveway. Wifes having contractions, headed to Etobicoke general ! Might miss the game to witness the birth of our daughter, but I'll be sure to drop another $5 on the Canucks for the boys.
You might miss the game to witness the birth of your daughter??!! LOL die hard fan right there. Congrats and best of luck to your new addition!

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Congrats to you and your family!

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
2 games played?
Sometimes it's carved in stone after one shift!

Good to be a homeowner;)

Congrats man, that's fantastic is it your first?

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
If Murray starts, betting Samsonov finishes. Hope not though. If he's just rusty and lets a few bad goals in early, I hope they leave Murray in and let our offence overcome.

Last edited:

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Sid is such a gasbag, yeah va

yeah Sid is such a gasbag! Anything did clicks.

Yeah Vasilevskiy is an amazing goal tender and you could compare him to any current goalie and he’s got better numbers. What is he even implying? Dubas should have improved our goalies this deadline? Lol with who?
I know I'm guilty for even posting it... because that's what he wants ... to stir the pot.

He just bugs me. He's a guy who probably barely played any sports in his life and acts Iike he knows everything about every sport.

Exactly though. Brutal points by him. He just wants the reaction on Twitter. Seems like he craves Leaf fans chirping him.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Your wife's doing all the work. Just watch it on your phone.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
No roster announcements anywhere yet? Are they gonna go with an 11-7 again? You have to think Schenn will be in against his old team. Hopefully Lil is back in.

If it's 6 D i hope we go with
McCabe - Brodie
Rielly - Schenn
Gio - Lily
Holl can sit up in the box and have a smoke and a pancake and just watch.
Liljegren is listed as injured with undisclosed injury
Screenshot_20230304_155813_NHL.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Larcos_Unal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad