Proposal: Leafs - Canucks 3 for 3 block buster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Dear lord no. This is atrocious for the Canucks. We give up 2 top 4 dmen and a local boy who was recently a 6 overall pick for a #4-5 dman, a very good prospect (or two) and a pick.

Awful. Simply Awful for Vancouver.

It's hard to be more wrong in less words.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Tis the season to see what we have at this point. Wholesale changes before 10 seconds has passed to assess the current state of the team is nonsense.
Patience running out so soon?

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
The Canucks value/see Chris Tanev as a top end/very good #2 RHD-man (that's just entering his prime);
Ben Hutton is penciled in as the #3D after his rookie season, and there's still some untapped potential there;
Jake Virtanen has the upside to be an impact power forward like Chris Kreider.

D-men & power forwards cost a premium: no way the Canucks package those 3 players unless a young & established star is coming back.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Change tanev to sbisa and van keep hutton, toronto can keep gardiner.

Nylander, + high pick for sbisa and virtanen

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
As a Canucks fan I'd say no.

HOWEVER, I thought about it for a long time.

It is very very close.

One of the best proposals on HF

Scholarships

10 Piece
Apr 3, 2016
Not terrible valuewise. The trade would leave us with an abysmal defence though.

Edler-Gudbranson
Gardiner-Tryamkin
Sbisa-Larsen

:laugh:

Last edited:

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Im Gardiner's biggest fan and I have no problem with people saying Tanev > Gardiner..

Its the people that say Tanev >>> Gardiner that are high though.

Agreed. Tanev > Gardiner sure whatever, call it preference. But it's not >>>. Gardiner has been criminally underrated for going on 2 years it feels. Guy has turned it around big time.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
Not a bad proposal, but as a Canucks fan I wouldn't pull the trigger. I can see why Leafs fans would decline as well, since Nylander is apparently a perennial top-flight NHLer and Virtanen is a confirmed bust before his 20th birthday.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Not a bad proposal, but as a Canucks fan I wouldn't pull the trigger. I can see why Leafs fans would decline as well, since Nylander is apparently a perennial top-flight NHLer and Virtanen is a confirmed bust before his 20th birthday.
:laugh:
Best advice is to ignore the extremists, pro and con, and discuss topics with the sensible posters, otherwise no topic is worth anyone's time.

I'm confident Virtanen will have a fine career. The negative is, young guys who play the type of game Jake does take a little longer to become an impact player. The positive is, when they reach their potential it was well worth the wait.

Hopeless Unbeliever

May 1, 2011
Scotland
I actually think this is a good proposal in terms of value. It doesn't address needs too much though and is more or less a like-for-like switch. On that basis, giving up the best player in the deal is always going to be critical and here that's Tanev. On that basis I'd pass as a Canucks fan.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Value seems fine, but Vancouver should not in any case trade Tanev. Trading a top 30 defenseman is not something they can afford to do. Same goes for Toronto; there's no shipping out Nylander given their rebuild.

There's no fit between these two teams, I suppose.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
38598-hell-naw-to-tha-naw-naw-naw-hell-to-tha.gif

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
*looks at the OP, doesn't see Matthews, Juolevi, etc.*
*looks at the title, sees the word 'blockbuster' *
*looks 'blockbuster' up in the dictionary, just in case I've fallen into an alternate universe with different meanings of words*
*sees that it still means what I thought it meant*
*gets confused*

(this is not a blockbuster)

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site

This so much, lol

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
*looks at the OP, doesn't see Matthews, Juolevi, etc.*
*looks at the title, sees the word 'blockbuster' *
*looks 'blockbuster' up in the dictionary, just in case I've fallen into an alternate universe with different meanings of words*
*sees that it still means what I thought it meant*
*gets confused*

(this is not a blockbuster)

When 3 top 4 D and 2 top ten drafted prospects are involved that trade is probably a blockbuster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad