Proposal: Leafs - Canucks 3 for 3 block buster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I would say
Tanev >>> Gardiner
Nylander >>> Virtanen
Hutton > Brown. I would say a slight win for the leafs, but neither team does it

Currysux*

I view it as Hutton= Gardiner in value. Might even lean towards preferring Hutton.

Nylander would be a fair return for Tanev.

Virtanen> the other stuff.

Easy win for Toronto.

Gardiner is definitely worth more than Hutton. Hes a better player than him and Hutton at. His peank will be as good as Gardiner is.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Nylander=Tanev (Although we aren't trading a potential #1C)
Brown>Virtanen (Not a fan of Virtanen at all)
Gardiner>Hutton (Elite shot suppressor on a terrific contract)

No thanks. Not terrible though.

member 147413

I value Brown more than Virtanen.

Tanev > Gardiner (ever so slightly)

Nylander > Hutton

It's pretty equal value overall, but I don't do it as a Leafs fan.

Also find it hilarious that someone proclaims Tanev + Hutton as Top 4 dmen and selling Gards as a "4/5". Gardiner is arguably the best defenceman of the three. I think Tanev is the best right now, but it wouldn't shock me if Gardiner changed that this upcoming season.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Not close for me. Rather explore options like Nylander for a Provorov or Werenski calibre D prospect if Zaitsev disappoints. This trade leaves us with a still mediocre-at-best defense and Virtanen does nothing for me.

Only way this makes sense is if you see Gardiner as a "4 or 5 guy", in which case there's no rational discussion to be had.

This trade is terrible for vancity but its leafs fans so it's expected. No team is trading either of those prospects for nylander get your head out of the gutter.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Not close for me. Rather explore options like Nylander for a Provorov or Werenski calibre D prospect if Zaitsev disappoints. This trade leaves us with a still mediocre-at-best defense and
Only way this makes sense is if you see Gardiner as a "4 or 5 guy", in which case there's no rational discussion to be had.

Just stop making canucks and leafs proposals in general they do not work, both fan bases overvalue there assets.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Gardiner < Tanev
Nylander >>> Virtanen
Brown/Soshnikov < Hutton

Idk if the difference between Nylander and Virtanen makes up for the other parts of the deal.

Gardner < Tanev? Are you high?

And, yeah, nucks fans are going to have to come to the reality that Virtanen was a **** pick. Nylander is all-world in the making. And not really that far off from it.

sadFfIh.png

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
Virtanen is one of the most low ice-q players I have ever seen. He Loves to kill plays with a nothing shot.

If you take out Virtanen and put in a similar value prospect I would think about it.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa

And, yeah, nucks fans are going to have to come to the reality that Virtanen was a **** pick. Nylander is all-world in the making. And not really that far off from it.

sadFfIh.png

Don't use hero charts to make a point

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Not good at all for Vancouver what are you guys on about?

Tanev>>Gardiner
Nylander>=Virtanen
Hutton>>Brown/Soshinikov

Do you really think that? Particularly the equal sign.
Also I personally don't move brown, looking to be a late round steal.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013

sadFfIh.png

Im Gardiner's biggest fan and I have no problem with people saying Tanev > Gardiner..

Its the people that say Tanev >>> Gardiner that are high though.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Feels like a pretty pointless trade. As a Leafs fan, I'd rather just keep my guys and roll the dice on Brown/Nylander. I really like Gardiner, he was fantastic last year.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Honestly pretty close... I don't think quite as highly of Gardiner as some Leafs fans - I think he's evolved into a solid #3 guy under Babcock, but Tanev is a more valuable piece at this time.

member 202355

Canucks fan.

Gardiner = Tanev
Nylander >> Virtanen
Brown/Sosh < Hutton

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Nylander=Tanev (Although we aren't trading a potential #1C)
Brown>Virtanen (Not a fan of Virtanen at all)
Gardiner>Hutton (Elite shot suppressor on a terrific contract)

No thanks. Not terrible though.
That's very debatable IMO. Tanev is the best player in this trade right now. Jake Gardiner is on an express train from underrated to overrated.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
sosh/brown are valued higher then a 2nd for the leafs so we would gladly give that up
but giving up nylander really stings, i would pass in the end i see him as the only elite piece in the trade.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Take out Hutton and Virtanen and it's close.

yeah because tanev> gardiner, nylander,brown :shakehead
good grief. arguably the most overrated player on hfboards, and that saying something because he is a good player

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Nylander is a stud, he will be the best player out of that group.

Someone needs to post the latest version of him. Think it's on his Twitter. Him on the beach kicking a ball around. His thighs, oh my.

He may be a pretty boy, but the kid is a beast

Great Scouting Report.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Im Gardiner's biggest fan and I have no problem with people saying Tanev > Gardiner..

Its the people that say Tanev >>> Gardiner that are high though.

gardiners advanced stats are increidble. when he is on the ice, the leafs dominate possession. he goes nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad