Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Bruins game 2.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
If it's a partially mobile Nylander that's not moving how he should please don't play him. he doesn't bring the kind of game that's gonna overcome that in the playoffs.
I couldn't agree more.

If he can't use his speed or edgework I don't see how he can help.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
if there's no Nylander I'm afraid we're f***ed

We have to hope Matthews/Marner shoulder the offensive load.......

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I would definitely put Brodie back. Our pick movement from our D was horrendous. Brodie has his flaws but he can at least make a decent pass out of our end.

Too logical, we need to defend the front of the net more like last game... imagine if they got 6 goals instead of 5.

1 goal should be enough, we don't need to move the puck up the ice quickly.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I would definitely put Brodie back. Our pick movement from our D was horrendous. Brodie has his flaws but he can at least make a decent pass out of our end.

Yeah I think Brodie drawing back is a reasonable risk at this point. Not like Edmundson was impactful.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Not the poster you are replying to, but Boosh made some egregious passing mistakes trying to start the transition. One or two were thrown to a Bruins player with no Leafs anywhere near the area.
Boston knows to target him when they forecheck, he's horrendous at moving the puck

If it were up to me I'd run the following:

Rielly - Lilly
Benoit - McCabe
Brodie - Timmins

We suck at defense regardless, at least get some offense in there and hope we can score

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
The team lacks depth even when fully healthy. Specifically on D, but unfortunately this is likely our best available lineup with Willy out

I wouldnt say we lack depth... anybody would have some difficulties up front missing a near 100pt player and we have like 6 bottom pair quality defensemen.

Our issue is we have maybe 3 guys who played like a top 4 D this year and then if we lose one of the Big 3 that obviously can't be replaced by any amount of depth.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Lol, I jinxed it. Literally the same shitty lineup.
Even if they put up a better effort tonight it's still going to be a loss, without Willy and McMann really stinks.

Unless Samsonov will do the unthinkable like getting a shutout. Highly unlikely though.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Boston knows to target him when they forecheck, he's horrendous at moving the puck

If it were up to me I'd run the following:

Rielly - Lilly
Benoit - McCabe
Brodie - Timmins

We suck at defense regardless, at least get some offense in there and hope we can score
Timmins hasn't played enough to make me feel comfortable putting him in a playoff game. Turnovers at the blueline are a real concern.

I know it looks like they arent considering it, but if Nylander is out, I might advocate for 11-7 so we can have Timmins on the PP and Edmunson on the PK, but limit their 5v5 time.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
This is a pretty terrible analysis... at least the Marner portion (stopped reading).
what was so awful about the marner portion?

It summed up his game early on pretty accurately. He took a point shot that hit the net, a point shot that was deflected and gave holmberg a chance, and a dump in from the pk. He had that good play infront of the net that drew the 4 on 3 pp, that Marner almost single-handedly wasted, and then marner never went near the front of the net again

Marner was mostly invisible last game

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Timmins hasn't played enough to make me feel comfortable putting him in a playoff game. Turnovers at the blueline are a real concern.

I know it looks like they arent considering it, but if Nylander is out, I might advocate for 11-7 so we can have Timmins on the PP and Edmunson on the PK, but limit their 5v5 time.
It's definitely risky considering his defensive game, but we're so bad at moving the puck that we need some mobility back there

11-7 could work out well. Scratch Reaves and have Jarnkrok/Marner/Bertuzzi take occasional shifts on L4

Reactions: Community

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Even Rielly isn’t a true first pairing D man, I mean he’s okay on the offensive side of the game, but he’s a train wreck in his own end……..
And, no heavy shot from the point is a big deal for me !!!

Reactions: horner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad