Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Bruins game 2.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Leafs started him vs Boston back to back and he lost by identical scores of 4-1 that played out just like Game 1. He shows lapses in mental concentration allowing the opening goal in multiple games. And he did the same in the Florida game last Tuesday that imploded a great 1st period.

Woll is not a saviour. Put him in if you want, I don’t think it matters but this Samsonov Woll back and forth produces the same mediocre goaltending both ways. Each guy sucks long enough for fans to want to try the other one.

Only “risk” here is once you move on from Sammy there is virtually no chance he’s going to bounce back and be the good version of himself that he was building up to.

You’re probably right, but last year in the playoffs I saw Woll possibly being that playoff goaltender we need. He was good in the 3 games after Sammy got hurt. 3 games, though, I know.

Reactions: Xecross

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
It’s obvious he has a back injury . That’s one of the few injuries that can appear out of nowhere.
You'd have to think with him skating yesterday, and apparently looking better as his skate went on he'd be able to get worked out by the Leafs masseuse today and pop a few robax and be good to go hahahaha.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
If you know that your goaltending isn't a strength, then it's up to the coaching staff to design and implement a system that insulates them as much as possible. Our coach does not do that.
Sure can't argue with that.

Reactions: egd27

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
What do you mean by that? For the life of me I don’t get what is going on with him.
I kind of fins it surprising with being able to bet on games that teams are not forced to say what the injury is.

I know hockey isn't even in the same stratosphere as football, but if you are going to promote gambling, people should be informed

Reactions: m1ker

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
The conspiracy theory that he was sat out game 1 and not injured
Ahh. Best I can gather he woke up after our last game and either had something or during the day had an off ice issue. Said yesterday something about loosening up, surely there is something to get him on the ice.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You’re probably right, but last year in the playoffs I saw Woll possibly being that playoff goaltender we need. He was good in the 3 games after Sammy got hurt. 3 games, though, I know.

Well he didn’t miss 3 months to a high ankle sprain injury with intermittent NHL starts last year. The frustrating thing about him post injury is he’s just not the guy he was last year in terms of mental focus. So I don’t think he’s a viable option if we’re being real. But I also look at this series in not so positive terms so it probably doesn’t matter. I rank it as:

1) Sammy Miracle Return to Form

2) Murray Hail Mary

3) Normal Sammy = Normal Woll

4) Jones

Reactions: seventieslord

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I think he's got some sort of discomfort, the problem is he's not willing to play through it, unlike other teams players who have played with broken bones etc.
You might not be wrong.

I've seen Bergeron play through things that would prevent some people from getting out of bed.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Game time decision for Nylander. Hopefully he grows a pair and suits up.

If he's not able to play properly with whatever is going on, better to get closer to 100% than to make it worse... no? Like we want everyone to be at their best and if he can't skate or shoot or play to an acceptable level... why play through that?

We have depth and a bunch of other "star" players. Nylander is great but "growing a pair" isn't exactly fair because we have no idea to what level of pain he's going through.

I remember a couple years ago against Boston again, Bergeron sat out a game or two with an undisclosed injury, and Boston won.

Reactions: Menzinger

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I think he's got some sort of discomfort, the problem is he's not willing to play through it, unlike other teams players who have played with broken bones etc.
It really depends on what the injury is.

I played with a broken foot, and a cracked bone in my forearm.

The only thing that ever made me miss a game was when I tweaked my back lifting.

I couldn't even get out of bed for a week.

I have never experienced that kind of discomfort before or after.

Even whwn I blew my ACL and tore my meniscus, I was more mobile that when the back injury

Reactions: slozo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad