Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Bruins game 2.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
My guess, explosive diarrhea
fat-bastard-shitter.gif

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If Woll is the future throw him in now. If we lose this because Sammy its over anyways. Then Woll becomes more guess work next season.

I think Woll being the future is unknown at this point. I mean, there is a point where you may as well throw him in to see what he’s got but I do think it’s a panic move. And at real risk of burning Sammy as any contributing piece for the entire series if not the rest of the playoff run.

That’s why I think Matt Murray is a possibility. For when the sum of all fears comes true.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Oh yeah.
Me too. Check your pulse if the Playoffs don't excite you.

Games against Boston make me a nervous wreck. I am literally sitting on the edge of my seat not reclined back. I sweat like a hog. I am yelling at every non call. Every offsite. Every potential too many men.

And when the Leafs score? I let out a scream that has been waiting under a pressure cooker like no other.

When Boston scores I remain silent and wonder why I cheer for the Leafs all these years.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
that speculation is moronic

reporters say he did not look like himself when he skated yesterday
Meanwhile Florida last year after the playoffs:

"Tkachuk playing with a broken sternum."

"Coach Paul Maurice said numerous players were playing with broken bones and some will not be recovered in time for training camp nor the start of the 2023-24 season."

This is why this team will never win anything we have guys that don't care enough and guys that are not playing because they "didn't look like themselves when they skated." You need warriors on your team and guys that will do anything to win and we simply do not have that.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Interesting. I thought they were going to panic and bring Brodie back in, but that's probably the right call.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I think Woll being the future is unknown at this point. I mean, there is a point where you may as well throw him in to see what he’s got but I do think it’s a panic move. And at real risk of burning Sammy as any contributing piece for the entire series if not the rest of the playoff run.

That’s why I think Matt Murray is a possibility. For when the sum of all fears comes true.
Keefe should be starting Woll 100% tonight before this series gets away from us. I am not even putting the loss on Sammy and I still do it.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The Leafs and Nylander f***ed up. We won’t know what happened until we’re eliminated. You don’t just wake up suddenly one morning in such discomfort that you can’t do what you just did the past 7 months unless something went seriously wrong. Either Willy has been hurting since the start of his cold streak or he hurt himself in one of the final two games. Either way, it’s a terrible f***ing look and now we’re without our best playoff scorer for a second straight game. f*** off.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
So happy they didn't panic and put brodie in. I think there is real value in trying to stay consistent.

No specific defender was terrible on Saturday night IMO. I thought we have defensive lapses as a team but mainly we also need better goaltending

Reactions: AvroArrow

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Nylander not being apart of line rushes isn't a good sign, unless they are choosing to play mind games with Boston.

Our advantage of having depth could be meaningless if he doesn't play.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
lol another game that nylander misses

only the toronto maple leafs have players sit out during the playoffs. Anti-Mark Stone

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
The Leafs and Nylander f***ed up. We won’t know what happened until we’re eliminated. You don’t just wake up suddenly one morning in such discomfort that you can’t do what you just did the past 7 months unless something went seriously wrong. Either Willy has been hurting since the start of his cold streak or he hurt himself in one of the final two games. Either way, it’s a terrible f***ing look and now we’re without our best playoff scorer for a second straight game. f*** off.

What kind of injury would he have suffered against Tampa? He played the whole game. No one can find an incident in the game and point out the play where he might have been injured.

Let’s not kid ourselves. This is a perimeter player. A great player no doubt. But someone who doesn’t engage. Hard to say what happened.

And if he was injured during the season…that’s a real bad look on the Leafs. Why play him and not let him rest for the playoffs?

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
It was nice being the tougher team in game 1. I'd like to see it continue but not at the expense of positioning

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Something doesn't pass the smell test for me, that's for sure.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
One thing that is for certain.

It is very difficult to win a series when you don't have the best goaltender.

When was the last time the Leafa had the better one going into a series?

You have to do so many more things right, and make far less mistakes which the Leafs are not always great at.
Who were the last two cup winning goalies?

Reactions: AvroArrow

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Meanwhile Florida last year after the playoffs:

"Tkachuk playing with a broken sternum."

"Coach Paul Maurice said numerous players were playing with broken bones and some will not be recovered in time for training camp nor the start of the 2023-24 season."

This is why this team will never win anything we have guys that don't care enough and guys that are not playing because they "didn't look like themselves when they skated." You need warriors on your team and guys that will do anything to win and we simply do not have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad