Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Bruins game 2.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Willy is a big time upgrade. Hope he plays and comes to play.
I hope it aint Sammy though.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
How come our franchise has been so piss poor at finding and developing D? Boston has done a much better job, I guess, and they have not had any lottery picks either. They have went to the playoffs 8 straight years, like us. Where’s our McAvoy?

That would be Reilly I guess.
Boston always built their team net out. A classic approach

Leafs were very top heavy from the get go. We thought had a good in Dermott. Didn't pan out
Same with Lilly, Sandin and Rasanen

So I guess it's not for lack of trying. Dermott, Durzi, Lilly, Sandin and Rasanen
One retired. Rasanen
Otheres Dermott, Durzi and Sandin we traded away

Durzi would have been a good addition for our PP.

I guess Niemela is our next bet

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
How come our franchise has been so piss poor at finding and developing D? Boston has done a much better job, I guess, and they have not had any lottery picks either. They have went to the playoffs 8 straight years, like us. Where’s our McAvoy?
Too much cap devoted to four forwards, that’s your answer right there………

Reactions: Al14

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Honestly the series isn't over until either team gets 4 wins. It's a completely "duh" take on my end to say that, but it is true. If we were up in the series 1-0 and then came away with a victory in game 2 to go 2-0, we would never say "well that's a wrap". It's gotta work both ways. That needs to be the mindset from the players and from us the fans.

At the end of the day we Leaf fans are scarred beyond recognition. This team has hurt us in ways that rival any other franchise in pro sport TBH. But at the end of the day, a series cannot be won or lost in game 2.
Leafs would have to win 4 of the next 5 after tonight if they lose game 2
this is a must win

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I think the “risk” here is the moment you pull Sammy from the game or series and transition to Woll, Samsonov will be functionally finished for the series. Maybe that’s an exaggeration, but given his psychological ups and downs that’s my assumption anyway.

So when that “break glass in case of emergency” happens, you’re likely going to lose the potential for Sammy finding his game. And Woll will likely give you Sammy level goaltending, albeit his stylistic game looks calmer. That actually puts us one step closer to Murray, which I think is a possibility anyway…

But if you go down 2-0 I don’t think this Leafs team is fighting back anyway so it probably doesn’t matter. Keefe might as well button mash all he wants.
I think your pretty much spot on with this assessment……..

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Bertuzzi - Matthews - Domi
Knies - - Tavares - - Marner
Jarnkrok - Holmberg - Nylander
Dewar - - Kampf - - Reaves

Rielly - Liljegren
Benoit - McCabe
Edmundson - Brodie

Sammy/Woll

For the love of God, please no Brodie………

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Tonight is must win, you go down 0-2 and say good night, you won't take 4 of the next 5 against Boston.
Boston is really not a great team, they are being heavily carried by goal tending and pretty much have been all year. They are a very good counter attack team, but they are not good defensively at all, above average offensively, elite in net. They had a lot of breakdowns defensively last game but Swayman played great, Leafs forwards are gonna have to find a way to bury their chances against him. Even if we go down 0-2 it's not all doom and gloom, they aren't playing winning defensive hockey like elite defensive teams before them have. This is not like the cup winning LA Kings, reminds me more of Winnipeg from like 2018-19 ish. Spend multiple shifts in their own zone trying to survive, goalie makes some huge saves, players get caught deep in the offensive zone, they go on a rush chance and score.

Biggest problem for Toronto is, we have extremely inconsistent goal tending, so when Boston does get their odd chance, it goes in half the time. I didn't think Boston played a particularly good game, and neither did we. If we can just get average goal tending, we have a damn good shot at beating them. Our forwards will break through, Matthews had 4 or 5 phenomenal scoring chances last game.

They were just able to finish, our guys weren't, it wasn't this dominating loss.

No dumb penalties

Be aware of where the play is (Reaves) don't go for a hit when the play and player you're supposed to be covering is advancing the puck into your zone

Better special teams

Get bodies in front of Swayman/Ullmark

Sammy needs to be able to make a save when we need it, every scoring chance can't beat you

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I think the “risk” here is the moment you pull Sammy from the game or series and transition to Woll, Samsonov will be functionally finished for the series. Maybe that’s an exaggeration, but given his psychological ups and downs that’s my assumption anyway.

So when that “break glass in case of emergency” happens, you’re likely going to lose the potential for Sammy finding his game. And Woll will likely give you Sammy level goaltending, albeit his stylistic game looks calmer. That actually puts us one step closer to Murray, which I think is a possibility anyway…

But if you go down 2-0 I don’t think this Leafs team is fighting back anyway so it probably doesn’t matter. Keefe might as well button mash all he wants.

If Woll is the future throw him in now. If we lose this because Sammy its over anyways. Then Woll becomes more guess work next season.

Tonight is must win, you go down 0-2 and say good night, you won't take 4 of the next 5 against Boston.
Right. Sammy aint coming back from that. He looked so freaking slow and swimmy. If you do start him how many goal leash do you give?

I have seen smart coaches pull a tender on a single goal if their body language is trash like Sammy the other night. 2 goals the other night would have been reasonable and everyone here is talking about tenders feelings.

Tenders are weird. They are either with it or not with it. The good ones are with it consistently and the other are all Sammys

Reactions: Suntouchable13

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
So the speculation now is he was benched for a game to start the playoffs??
Benched in game 1 or the playoffs?? Is Keefe for real?
no
i posted athletic article few pages back , seems to woke up hurt either groin/back

Reactions: BLONG7 and Rude Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad