Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Bruins game 2.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I rank it as:

1) Sammy Miracle Return to Form

2) Murray Hail Mary

3) Normal Sammy = Normal Woll

4) Jones

for this game, I rank it as

1) Jones
2) Murray
3) Sammy / Woll

I'm hoping the team rallies around Jones in net.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It really depends on what the injury is.

I played with a broken foot, and a cracked bone in my forearm.

The only thing that ever made me miss a game was when I tweaked my back lifting.

I couldn't even get out of bed for a week.

I have never experienced that kind of discomfort before or after.

Even whwn I blew my ACL and tore my meniscus, I was more mobile that when the back injury
Back injuries have probably ended more athlete's careers than anything else. Like you, I've had back injuries that have basically made me immobile. Everyone knows the stories of Bossy and Lemieux not even being able to lace their own skates by the end of their careers.

Reactions: Jojalu

myleafs

May 25, 2021
If NYlander was sick, they would say so, if he was injured they would say lower or upper body. Nylander has never missed a game, he is basically an ironman. All of a sudden after dog effing it down the stretch, he doesnt start the playoffs. He was scratched for game 1, imo. He is also notorious for being late. Its possible after signing his deal he was late more often, his play dropped off a cliff after he signed a huge deal. Its possible they are tired of his aloof, b,s. or the example he shows on the ice which is " ill play when i want".
cool story bro

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
for this game, I rank it as

1) Jones
2) Murray
3) Sammy / Woll

I'm hoping the team rallies around Jones in net.

I have more confident on Jones that I do with Woll.
Any other team I would have put Woll in, but we are the Leafs

As a team we dont' do well with pressure, putting a kid in won't help. You need some veteran presence and composure
Our team doens't rally around our players like other teams do.

What do you mean by that? For the life of me I don’t get what is going on with him.

Clearly you never had your heart broken.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
good teams keep the puck out of their net.

1713803398379.png

we aint good.

Reactions: BamBamCam

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

View attachment 857353

we aint good.

i said it in an other post but going in the way way as yours

number of time leafs allowed less than 2 goal in the 1st half of the game last 2 years? 3.. 25% of the time

last post season
74% of winning team allowed 2 goal or less
1st : 72%
2nd : 74%
3nd : 80%
final : 80 %

when your starting the second half of your game and youre already allowed 2 goal, what is really your chance to win the game considerating 1 more goal against and your chance to win drop at 20% whatever what you did offensively in the game. it was playoff is and until leafs doesn't fix it, they will never win in playoff

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

View attachment 857353

we aint good.
It actually got a little worse. They got torched the last 3 games of the season.

They are going to have to outscore their issues. Which is difficult in the playoffs.

The other hope is they keep hammering Pasta and every Bruin that moves in hope it wears them down.

But they are going to have to win a couple before the wear and tear sets in

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
If it's a partially mobile Nylander that's not moving how he should please don't play him. he doesn't bring the kind of game that's gonna overcome that in the playoffs.

Reactions: fahad203 and Jojalu

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
You're clueless if you think he's sitting out with a minor injury
Ah yes, this major injury that he has right now, that's making him sit out, as he is back on the ice 4 days later.. clearly a major injury for him.. And im the clueless one..

If he's not able to play properly with whatever is going on, better to get closer to 100% than to make it worse... no? Like we want everyone to be at their best and if he can't skate or shoot or play to an acceptable level... why play through that?

We have depth and a bunch of other "star" players. Nylander is great but "growing a pair" isn't exactly fair because we have no idea to what level of pain he's going through.

I remember a couple years ago against Boston again, Bergeron sat out a game or two with an undisclosed injury, and Boston won.

I would argue a 80% Nylander is more effective then our entire bottom 6 roster right now. Sure you want him a 100% but are they even going to be playing when that's the case?

You might not be wrong.

I've seen Bergeron play through things that would prevent some people from getting out of bed.

Bergeron is a warrior, played through a separated shoulder, broken rib and punctured lung in the cup finals in 2013. Tkchuck played through a broken sternum in game 3 and 4 of the finals last year, then missed game 5. And Leon played through a high ankle sprain suffered in game 6 of round 1 (they made it to the 3rd round and leon put up 7 goals and 25 assists in the 16 games..

But I got to read about Nylanders little "tweak" thats kept him out of game 1 so far..

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
At the start of the season with the way Woll was playing I thought he would become one of the teams most important players. That injury delayed his return and has worsened his play while at the same time it allowed Samsonov to play his way out of his own poor run of games.

It feels like a bit of a waste having a cold Woll sitting on the bench during this important period. He was one of the reasons to be optimistic this team could win this season.

It's only been one game, but I would support a shift to Woll.

Watching Murray with the Marlies, he was awful. After that long layoff Jones is a safer bet.

Reactions: Xecross

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Lybushkin sucks so bad. I'd take Brodie over him even at his current level of play.

Was almost insulting watching the Bruins adjust their forecheck every time he had the puck.

They basically dared him every time to "skate or pass it up the ice, bud", and Boosh responded with "No have the puck back I can't do this shit".

Reactions: torontoblood

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If he's not able to play properly with whatever is going on, better to get closer to 100% than to make it worse... no? Like we want everyone to be at their best and if he can't skate or shoot or play to an acceptable level... why play through that?

We have depth and a bunch of other "star" players. Nylander is great but "growing a pair" isn't exactly fair because we have no idea to what level of pain he's going through.
Unfortunately, that is the downside of playoff injury secrecy. It opens everybody to speculate and, perhaps unfairly, judge a player.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
At the start of the season with the way Woll was playing I thought he would become one of the teams most important players. That injury delayed his return and has worsened his play while at the same time it allowed Samsonov to play his way out of his own poor run of games.

It feels like a bit of a waste having a cold Woll sitting on the bench during this important period. He was one of the reasons to be optimistic this team could win this season.

It's only been one game, but I would support a shift to Woll.

Watching Murray with the Marlies, he was awful. After that long layoff Jones is a safer bet.
Gilmour froze his foot in the playoffs. Willie is no Gilmour.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
This Nylander drama is juicy, love a good side show. Are we tin foil hatting or is he actually injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad