Proposal: Leafs-Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
He's only guaranteed there for another year and cant fix the G and D
We have a goalie with a .920 s% and are top 10 in most defensive stats. There is always room for improvement but why do we need him to fix those things?
And if we only have him for 1 more year like some of you think shouldn’t we do everything we can to win while we do?

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
I feel like the OP is pretty close to landing Parayko + ROR with that package.

I'm not against this as a Leafs fan but I have two causes for concern:

1. The term on the Parayko contract is too long. 6.5 is a reasonable number for him but I don't want to see that become an anchor for the team in four ish years.

2. Can we really afford to bet big considering the goaltending tandem we have?

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
sold.

you know Parayko has 8 more seasons at $6.5M, right?

That's the exact deal Armstrong should be looking for - one that includes a future first rounder from a team that could also very quickly fall off the cliff.
if the second pick was 2029 then I would say you are looking at a cliff the Leafs could fall off of.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
I feel like the OP is pretty close to landing Parayko + ROR with that package.

I'm not against this as a Leafs fan but I have two causes for concern:

1. The term on the Parayko contract is too long. 6.5 is a reasonable number for him but I don't want to see that become an anchor for the team in four ish years.

2. Can we really afford to bet big considering the goaltending tandem we have?
6.5 million over 8 years with the cap potentially going up 13.5 in 2 years is not that big off a nut. Next 5 years the Leafs should be a top 3 contender team.

Reactions: EK392000

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
We have a goalie with a .920 s% and are top 10 in most defensive stats. There is always room for improvement but why do we need him to fix those things?
And if we only have him for 1 more year like some of you think shouldn’t we do everything we can to win while we do?
Regression? Because its been 10 games and the G isnt close to that in career stats? The defense has same deficiencies as usual without Muzzin? If FO no longer believes in the Dubas plan, why would they go all in? They still have great pieces that can be used to improve by new GM

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Regression? Because its been 10 games and the G isnt close to that in career stats? The defense has same deficiencies as usual without Muzzin? If FO no longer believes in the Dubas plan, why would they go all in? They still have great pieces that can be used to improve by new GM
The defence had similar stats last year and we will see about the goaltending.
Ownership may be questioning Dubas’s plan but if they had completely given up on it they would have fired him it’s not like they care about the money. They aren’t going to throw away a year either.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
If the Blues don't look to be making the playoffs is it possible Parayko is moved ? Under this premise I present the following offer.

To
Blues
2023 1st
2024 1st
Niemela
2nd 2024
Kerfoot

To
Leafs
Parayko
Barbeshev

Leafs upgrade their defense considerably and add a solid forward who can contribute. Blues get lots of picks, a very good RD prospect and can trade kerfoot at the deadline for a couple 3rds.
Leafs agree....

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
You know this is bad by Blues fans response. They are like yes please take this contract when 2 years ago these threads devolved into "There is 1 player on Toronto who gets him".

I'm not even sold that the Leafs should be targeting D, I personally think they should target another top 6 forward.

In a perfect world I’m sure most Blues fans would want to keep Parayko. If Army decides to blow up the roster and the return makes sense then it works for both sides.

I would be ok with the OP’s offer. Maybe it seems like an overpayment from your perspective but Parayko has 8 years left. This isn’t close to a rental deal.

Reactions: BretterThanYou

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
In a perfect world I’m sure most Blues fans would want to keep Parayko. If Army decides to blow up the roster and the return makes sense then it works for both sides.

I would be ok with the OP’s offer. Maybe it seems like an overpayment from your perspective but Parayko has 8 years left. This isn’t close to a rental deal.

The thing is 8 years left isn't a good thing for someone turning 30 this year. And given he is already struggling, this is a massive risk to take on.

Reactions: Fogelhund and HofT

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
If the Blues don't look to be making the playoffs is it possible Parayko is moved ? Under this premise I present the following offer.

To
Blues
2023 1st
2024 1st
Niemela
2nd 2024
Kerfoot

To
Leafs
Parayko
Barbeshev

Leafs upgrade their defense considerably and add a solid forward who can contribute. Blues get lots of picks, a very good RD prospect and can trade kerfoot at the deadline for a couple 3rds.
St Louis says yes. Quickly.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The thing is 8 years left isn't a good thing for someone turning 30 this year. And given he is already struggling, this is a massive risk to take on.

We’ll see what happens. If I’m betting money right now I would bet Parayko won’t be shopped. That’s just my opinion though so meh

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
What caliber of dman is Parayko anyway? Judging by this offer, I'd guess something close to Weegar/Lindholm? Or is he better/worse?

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

To
Blues
2023 1st
2024 1st
Niemela
2nd 2024
Kerfoot

To
Leafs
Parayko
Barbeshev

It’s not awful, but late 1sts and small D don’t excite me. I’d like to see what else is out there. Feel like someone else can top that.

Reactions: BehindEnemyLines16

lukeleim

Dec 1, 2009
Calgary
St. Louis Blues
2024 1st first round pick (TOR)
Topi Niemelä
Nick Abruzzese
Calle Järnkrok
Justin Holl

Toronto Maple Leafs
Colton Parayko
Ivan Barbeshev ($1.125 retained - 50%)

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Parayko would be a great fit on the Leafs, I think. Niemela, two 1sts and a 2nd is too steep a price for Toronto to pay though IMO, even if some think it's fair value. It's basically a 'going all in for a cup now' move, but we aren't even sure if we have a legit goalie right now, and if we do, they aren't signed with term for a multi-year run at the cup.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
What caliber of dman is Parayko anyway? Judging by this offer, I'd guess something close to Weegar/Lindholm? Or is he better/worse?

Pretty similar in that ilk. His expectations here were put higher than he could achieve once Pietrangelo left. Top pair guy, not an alpha. He is struggling a bit this year. But given the whole rest of the defense is struggling it’s hard to tell if it’s a personnel thing or a system thing.

St. Louis Blues
Topi Niemelä
Nick Abruzzese
Calle Järnkrok
Justin Holl

Toronto Maple Leafs
Colton Parayko

Not sure this accomplishes much. Seems more like a rental price for Parayko alone.

If they do move Parayko high chance the team crumbles and ROR and Tarasenko are also shipped. Wasting the retention slot on this deal is a big issue. Another issue is the term on Jarnkrok. It’s not a huge issue but the deal in general doesn’t seem like it’s worth moving Parayko in.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
St. Louis Blues
Topi Niemelä
Nick Abruzzese
Calle Järnkrok
Justin Holl

Toronto Maple Leafs
Colton Parayko
If I'm Toronto, I'm trying to keep Järnkrok and give up Engvall instead, even if I have to add a pick. This deal seems a bit too good for Toronto. Maybe remove Järnkrok, add Engvall, and add another 1st or 2nd. Toronto should insist on it being 2nd not a 1st, Blues should be demanding it's a 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad