Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3 Bruins 2 // Matty gets his 70th and the game winner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
@PromisedLand you good bro? lol

i-m-so-excited-can-t-contain-excitement-bxzk7p8zeei1l8h4.gif

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Good to see the Leafs fight back hard in this game. Good to see Samsonov battle and help keep the Leafs in the game after giving up that late 2nd goal. Alot of the players that some people here wanted gone at about mid-season like Bertuzzi and Domi are showing up huge right now.

Lets just hope Nylander can come back soon and Marner shows up more because so far he's been pretty invisible. Also good to see Matthews get a goal and lets hope it gets him going because all the goals he's scored in the regular season means NOTHING if he can't score in the playoffs. Time for him to make his legacy now and come up big in the post season.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
what an amazing game winning goal by Auston Matthews. The hand eye co-ordination to pull a puck fired from his right side behind him, with his left hand all while keeping a step ahead of the defenseman and not going offside is insane. He played like a captain tonight. Didn't sulk because he wasn't scoring. Instead, he adapted and got a few assists. And then without trying to force the issue he got rewarded with a breakaway chance he created and got the GWG. Storybook textbook game.

The only thing I didn't like is how they stopped playing in the last 5 seconds and almost gave the Bruins defenseman a decent possible chance that was blocked. Gotta stay dialed in to the very end.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
@PROUD PAPA

Close enough?:

Post in thread 'Leafs @ Bruins game 2.' Pre-Game Talk: - Leafs @ Bruins game 2.
Nope, blow it up.

I don't think Boston will win another game in this series. Monty made one of the more bizarre coaching decisions tonight that I have seen in a while, and it doesn't even matter that Ullmark wasn't the reason for the loss. What Monty has now done is made that decision the focus of the next two days. Just a terrible decision.

Reactions: bax and BallardEra

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Pretty solid road win. Great time for Matthews to get his first of the playoffs. Tavares with a huge goal as well.

Now they need Marner to produce. They managed a split without any points from him. Put something on the board, man!

Reactions: Al14 and ruaware41

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Benoit also had a bad play with 3 minutes left. Had open ice in his zone with Boston changing, and trying to force a stretch pass leading to an icing. Not forcing that play and retaining possession at that point in the game was key.

Benoit’s getting carried away. Love the compete but I think you can handle Marchand better there without being elbow deep in that trash.

Reactions: Al14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad