Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3 Bruins 2 // Matty gets his 70th and the game winner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
If Sammy plays like this every night, we have a good chance of winning this series.

If Boston didn't have stellar goaltending they'd be a non playoff team.

Reactions: Al14 and Strangle

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
matthews has had marner on his wing until now, marner hasnt gotten involved in a scrum in his life and was a big reason that matthews hasnt been normal auston imo. matthews at least gets involved physically.

Domi gets gritty in those tight areas but can still make plays .. and Bert's style plays well off of that. It helps open ice up for Matthews. In turn, Matthews' doesn't have to share the puck with Marner when it comes to carrying the play.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Remember what old-ish idiots like me said when they signed Domi (who I wasnt a fan of but acknowledged his playoff prowess), Bert and Reaves, "they are here for the playoffs".

I don't care too much about the regular season, I watched less than half a season for a reason. I knew they would bring N/S drive and commitment. They haven't disappointed. You can't teach goal scoring, but you also can't teach hunger and drive.

My prediction was that if Leafs split the two games in Boston they will win this series, here we are.

First, they need to stop taking stupid retaliatory penalties. If you are up 5-1 with 5 minutes left, maybe. Otherwise, stop it already. This time the Boosh and Bert has to settle down with the b.s stick work.

Now, consider if Nylander enters the series all fresh and minty from avoiding all the checks he would have absorbed from two games in Boston?

Finally, the longer this series goes, the better the Leafs chances. We are seeing a worn down Bruins team already, the Leaf "hits by committee" is working, in particular Leafs D who have been wearing down Bruins forwards to a large degree.

Also, Sammy was money when he needed to be.

Last edited:

blue stick

Jan 28, 2019
Brad Marchand voodoo doll worked! GLG!!!
IMG_6255.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6255.jpeg
    IMG_6255.jpeg
    258.9 KB · Views: 3

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Overall the refs were good tonight though ... that early penalty was made up for with that call when JT got cross checked .. and definitely some good non-calls that would have been called in the regular season.

The let them play

Just when you think the Leafs are gonna get a game where they have more PPs... nope lol classic stuff

But yeah it was pretty well reffed. It didn't feel absurd one way or another.

Reactions: Zacman

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Good. Pleased to see our (real) captain doing captain-like things.

Nice to see Domi kick in as well.

But been here before. Still. Good.

Reactions: Zacman

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Remember what old-ish idiots like me said when they signed Domi (who I wasnt a fan of but acknowledged his playoff prowess), Bert and Reaves, "they are here for the playoffs".

I don't care too much about the regular season, I watched less than half a season for a reason. I knew they would bring N/S and commitment.

My prediction was that if Leafs split the two games in Boston they will win this series, here we are.

First, they need to stop taking stupid retaliatory penalties. If you are up 5-1 with 5 minutes left, maybe. Otherwise, stop it already. This time the Boosh and Bert has to settle down with the b.s stick work.

Now, consider if Nylander enters the series all fresh and minty from avoiding all the checks he would have absorbed from two games in Boston?

Finally, the longer this series goes, the better the Leafs chances. We are seeing a worn down Bruins team already, the Leaf "hits by committee" is working, in particular Leafs D who have been wearing down Bruins forwards to a large degree.

Finally, Sammy was money when he needed to be.
If it's Marner glued to Matthews wing tonight how many points does he get? 1 at best? And obviously a Leafs L too.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
FINALLY JT and Matty show up.
Honourable mention to JT. He showed up today, doesn't everyday but he looked good out there. Hope he can sustain it.
As impressive as a game against Boston all year .. still snakebitten but the chances are starting to come through.

Matthews' with a big game.. 3 points including the winner late in the third.

Sammy was great .. PK came up big when needed, and the PP showing some signs.

After tying the game in the second it seemed that mental block against Boston starting to go away, they played more relaxed with some jump.

In traditional playoff terms, stealing one on the road in the first two games is good.
Good observation, they seemed calm and collected for the most part.
Matthews' best playoff game as Leaf for me.

1 g 2a and a bit of goaltending at the end.
100%. Played like a real leader and captain tonight.

Reactions: Zacman and Al14

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
By TOI - Rielly, Edmundson, Lilly, McCabe, Benoit and Boosh.

So Lilly recovered from a horrid start to earn trust and minutes down the stretch.

The guy that really lost ground tonight was Benoit. I'd rather not go to Brodie unless we have an injury.

Also - Knies won't last the series if he doesn't protect himself more..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad