Post-Game Talk: Leafs 2 vs Rangers 4: Another Step Closer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
by the way, just wanted to point out the fact that recent scientific study strongly suggests the quiet room is actually anti-productive, and the opposite is more likely to be true; that they need to be exposed to stimuli directly after. I'm no doctor, but that may also be the reasoning (along with it being 1.5 mins left in the period) the trainer kept him on the bench; perhaps the quiet room is being phased out.

Then go to the stimuli room.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I mean, that's an easy 2-3 games IMO. If Leo had his elbow tucked, you could argue McDonagh's head changing position. But Lwo fully stretched out a chicken wing and had time to tuck back and didn't. Just really stupid on Leo's part.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I mean, that's an easy 2-3 games IMO. If Leo had his elbow tucked, you could argue McDonagh's head changing position. But he fully stretched out a chicken wing and had time to tuck back and didn't. Just really stupid on his part.

Yeah, he seemed to go out of his way to connect on that. Very disappointing but at least we'll get to see more Marlies!

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
by the way, just wanted to point out the fact that recent scientific study strongly suggests the quiet room is actually anti-productive, and the opposite is more likely to be true; that they need to be exposed to stimuli directly after. I'm no doctor, but that may also be the reasoning (along with it being 1.5 mins left in the period) the trainer kept him on the bench; perhaps the quiet room is being phased out.

Anti-productive to what? It's not meant to heal the player. It's meant to be a sterile environment to compare their current condition to their base statistics taken earlier in the year. Only after they determine whether or not the players is concussed do they apply treatment which is not the purpose of the room.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Also, worth noting Leo got a match penalty for that, which is an automatic 1 game and review by the league for more potnetially.

FWIW.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Excellent. Going to my first home game at the ACC this saturday, and there will be no Komarov, JVR, Bozak, etc. Gonna get smashed by Philly :(

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
atta boy Spaling. Rangers couldn't get it done on their own, give them a 5 on 3, and see if that works. Plus 4 minutes.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Excellent. Going to my first home game at the ACC this saturday, and there will be no Komarov, JVR, Bozak, etc. Gonna get smashed by Philly :(

yah, buh-bye Leo.

we're probably not gonna trade him.

they don't think McDonaugh is coming back (they are talking in this room. ray is looking at something, and Ray is like "that's brutal, ugh")

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad