Post-Game Talk: Leafs 2 vs Rangers 4: Another Step Closer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
2 from hockey and 4 from skiing, I've been ski patrol for 10 years as well and we are still taught to take stimuli away.. but somehow all of that appears to be reversing
I've had two from hockey and have seen countless more.
You're in a fog and unaware of your surroundings.
As a First-Aider as well, which as a ski patroler(?) I'm sure you are as well, we're taught to isolate them from noise and bright lights to help assess their level of alertness and course of action for care/if paramedics are needed.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Tank Commander Marincin with the nice screen.

He's def worth the 4th round pick so far.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
wow i was soo behind.....
i missed the first the first 5 minutes

and the goal.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Okay, I'm confused... there was still time left on the 5 on 3... doesn't that wipe out the rest of the time on the 5 on 3 and now there is just the 3:30+ left in the double minor of 5 on 4?

EDIT: Okay, I am an idiot, I forgot the 5 on 3 was a major, so that stayed and the first half of the double minor was wiped out by the goal.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That's dumb, The 2 seconds left on Leo's penalty couldn't be taken off the clock from the goal, so they had to tkae a minute 40 off from the high sticking penalty. I was here thinking for a bit they'd have another 3.5 minute PP. oh well.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
if we still had jay mcclement, that would of never happened #allstaronpk

OvenMittz*

How has Loov looked?

Got a point in his first game already..

Seems okay out there.. You can tell he's nervous cause the puck doesn't stay on his stick long.. But he'll gain more confidence.

I think he's paired with Marincin which isn't good but Babs is limiting his minutes for sure.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Okay, I'm confused... there was still time left on the 5 on 3... doesn't that wipe out the rest of the time on the 5 on 3 and now there is just the 3:30+ left in the double minor of 5 on 4?

EDIT: Okay, I am an idiot, I forgot the 5 on 3 was a major, so that stayed and the first half of the double minor was wiped out by the goal.

Yeah kinda sucks for the Rangers(and Leaf tankers), the PP can't end the major rule kinda hurts them in that situation, instead of taking 2 seconds off a minute and a half comes off from the other penalty.

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
Anti-productive to what? It's not meant to heal the player. It's meant to be a sterile environment to compare their current condition to their base statistics taken earlier in the year. Only after they determine whether or not the players is concussed do they apply treatment which is not the purpose of the room.

I'll try to find the study, but as I understand the quiet room was first implemented in belief that the the best way to evaluate the person is while the brain was not being exposed to any stimuli. The study finds and suggests that the quiet room actually can cause damage.. I'm no arm chair doctor so I won't pretend to know for sure. But, Biron said it best, the Rangers have an experienced trainer and he needs to be trusted. He's probably ahead of the curve on this front, so Duthie should keep his yap shut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad