Post-Game Talk: Leafs 2 Rangers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I saw Nylander get in a nice spot a few times. Unfortunately his linemates couldn't get the puck to him tonight.

I thought Nylander was really good coming back and really good on the forecheck tonight. He is back to paying attention to little details after whatever it was in the Buffalo game

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
If Campbell, the soup company, hasn't signed Campbell to a long-term marketing contract yet, they better do it fast before he gets too pricey.

would give ya a like, cept i am often penalized.. Great insight, and what the heck, put in several calls, and see if you can set something up...

The only celebs that I love, that I haven't brought any business to are, Phil Esposito, and Kevin Costner...

I offered to loan Bobby Orr six figures when I lined up for hours to meet him at the hall of fame, he was supposedly on the brink of bankruptcy thanks to a guy I hit with a tennis ball, as hard as I could, in a pro am exhibition match at my club...

By total fluke his chest, took the smash from me and somehow came back over the net for a winner.

He argued for quite a while that it hit his racquet.,.,

Orr smiled and said he was fine...

Actually, I offered half the money as a gift...

So brother, your idea is a great one....line up Campbells soup company, lawyer up and protect yourself and bring it to SOUP'S AGENT...

I got Salming last year, he got paid some pretty good money, for doing nothing...

The company really did some curious bad stuff..

But at least I got him paid...

For what I did for that company, I should have made industry standard 2 to3 million, I made less than 100k..

But again brilliant idea...

I could help if you want, but I won't do squat, till you give me your interest...

I am old and old fashioned..

PM me if you want to put some small time into this...

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Thanks to Campbell, Kampf, the fiery flea Bunting and best of all Kase, Dubas is looking likea genius to me..

He got rocked by Covid, but he save, 2 million or more locking up Riles.. And as soon as he extended Riles to a hometown discount. The team really picked up...

Popeye, u get soup, a great sponsorship, u might save the Leafs from losing this brilliant player and BRILLIANT person...

Cause don't look know, this great player, is a six million dollar to eight million dollar player..

And counting....

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
If the Rangers could just get out of their #1 pick and #2 pick what we've gotten out of our #1 pick and #8 pick, they'd be a bonafide powerhouse. Never say never and all that but looking pretty unlucky atm. Man and then there was the disaster of the Lias Andersson situation and, yeah. They've made some good trades and fantastic signings, they just really needed to shoot par on their first rounders. Unfortunate.

Reactions: tlk

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I've been away dealing with the plight of the Canadian National Soccer team but i must say i enjoyed how we played that tight game tonight..

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Don't love that close out but still kept them to trying to create chances off point shots for the most part. I'll take it.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
it's too bad the scoring isn't there yet, but it's hard to be too upset with an elite defensive team that's won 10 of its last 11 games with the best underlying numbers in the league. Obviously they've been able to score when they've had to, but they should be able to blow teams out

Reactions: MattySnipes

barilko05

People...they're the worst!
Jan 28, 2011
Good game again. Like 2 see a little more offense but I'll take the 2 points. And not to beat a dead horse but CAN WE PLEASE change the goal song already? Suggestion: Arkells - The Boss is Comin'.

LeafsGuy16

LeafsGuy16
Sep 4, 2018
Great win! Team’s playing solid!

Offence is obviously the weakest part, but lots of time to pick it up. I would just have them take more one timers. Not like an AM pp one timer, but more quick releases to the goal - just like Rielly's first tonight.

They spend too much time cycling without getting a shot. You can’t hold the puck forever in the NHL. Eventually you have to accept that the perfect pass/play isn’t there and take a quick shot on net.

The offence can be more efficient, but damn this is still some good hockey. GLG!

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Well given the core has shit the bed 5 post seasons in a row, they should be. This should have happened 3 years ago, but Ill settle for now.
I wouldn't call it shitting the bed when you lose to a better team. Last year was the only year we lost to a team which placed lower than us in the standings. But it happens...

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Great win! Team’s playing solid!

Offence is obviously the weakest part, but lots of time to pick it up. I would just have them take more one timers. Not like an AM pp one timer, but more quick releases to the goal - just like Rielly's first tonight.

They spend too much time cycling without getting a shot. You can’t hold the puck forever in the NHL. Eventually you have to accept that the perfect pass/play isn’t there and take a quick shot on net.

The offence can be more efficient, but damn this is still some good hockey. GLG!
The cycle is to break the defensive formation of the other team. Then they open a path to the slot for a high danger attempt.
Loving how they're playing personally

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Don't love that close out but still kept them to trying to create chances off point shots for the most part. I'll take it.
Hard wins are the best. If you can do that consistently, you are learning.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Just finished watching. Glad the boys held on and made it 5 in a row again. Won 10 of 11.

7-1-1 in one-goal games.

Really happy with the team's mentality and the habits they're building. Solid team win.

Leafs are smokinggggg HOT.

LeafsGuy16

LeafsGuy16
Sep 4, 2018
The cycle is to break the defensive formation of the other team. Then they open a path to the slot for a high danger attempt.
Loving how they're playing personally

Of course. But when they collapse and there’s no breakdown, too often it turns in to lost possession as opposed to a shot. And I wouldn’t even say it’s much riskier because I’ve seen a ton of cycles lose possession as we try to feed the point and it goes the other way quickly.

I wouldn’t change the entry and start of play. But eventually a quick shot on goal + havoc/whistle is the play IMO. I would prefer they end that way, as opposed to lost possession. It may be a low percentage shot that you end up accepting, but at a certain point I think it’s worth it. Not to mention it may help open up more seams later in the game by keeping the defence honest and not just collapsing.

My $0.02

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Lets hold on to this momentum. Glad to see Rielly have a big game.

I said I wouldn't watch this year...buddy took me to home opener since he got tickets...lately found myself watching 1-2 periods where I can. Happy to see what they're doing but still feel very burned and will forever be skeptical until they actually win a playoff round but that's 2 good winning streaks now.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Nice to get some more confidence in those 1 goal games. Building a nice buffer in the standings from the pack (even with the games in hand) is nice to see.

Also noticed the California road trip is soon, which is a lot earlier than usual. Good to pad some wins before that starts.

Be nice to get some revenge against the Pens on Saturday

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I said I wouldn't watch this year...buddy took me to home opener since he got tickets...lately found myself watching 1-2 periods where I can. Happy to see what they're doing but still feel very burned and will forever be skeptical until they actually win a playoff round but that's 2 good winning streaks now.
I've been hesitant to get that emotionally invested this year too. I watch the regular season with excitement with the full attitude of we are defined by what happens in the playoffs.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

I was the same. I didn't watched a period until the start of this month. But I've started to dabble more. I try to just enjoy the game and not think too long term, not getting the hopes up.

We all know when it really matters and I am very pessimistic for the playoffs (for obvious reasons). But that shouldn't stop me from enjoying their regular season wins when I can watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad