LD Tyler Kleven (2020, 44th, OTT)

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I can't remember the last team to deploy a draft strategy where they are target players going to specific program so they can develop together to this extent in a few years within the NCAA.

I dont think the familiarity can hurt.
But it is interesting.

Can you imagine if Tychonick didnt Transfer :laugh:

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
What do you mean by 'huge' hitter?

He goes for the big open ice hits a lot but doesn't connect with regularity, putting himself out of position. But when they do connect they are beauties.

Kleven is the kind of guy who can be a good complimentary 3rd pairing and PK guy, or he ends up like Dylan McIlrath and shuttles between the minors and bigs as a tough-but-slow AHL defender.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He goes for the big open ice hits a lot but doesn't connect with regularity, putting himself out of position. But when they do connect they are beauties.

Kleven is the kind of guy who can be a good complimentary 3rd pairing and PK guy, or he ends up like Dylan McIlrath and shuttles between the minors and bigs as a tough-but-slow AHL defender.

Well, we just ejected Boro.

How are his owner interviewing skills?

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That’s a nice play, but that’s probably the best play he’s ever made with the puck at a reputable level. Doesn’t mean he can’t be a viable NHL’er, but that’s a one off play. Puck handling is not his game.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That’s a nice play, but that’s probably the best play he’s ever made with the puck at a reputable level. Doesn’t mean he can’t be a viable NHL’er, but that’s a one off play. Puck handling is not his game.
So you claim you have watched every game he has ever played?........ The funny thing about 18 year olds 3rd game at the collegiate level is they continue to develop. Big defenseman shockingly have a longer development curve. But I'm sure you know that as well.

If he was a rangers draft pick you'd be blowing your load. When you read your tone this entire thread you liked the player until he was drafted. All of your bias's come out in one thread.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Oh man I forgot about Kleven this year. I liked his game when he joined the Sens at the end of last year.

How was his preseason??

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This was a better pick than most credited Ottawa for at the time and he’s pretty close now to becoming a full-time NHL’er. He’s going to be an NHL defensemen. All teams need players like him

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
Kleven is pretty much pencilled in to the bottom pairing LD spot.

He would have been called up more late last season, but they wanted him to help Belleville make and advance in the playoffs.

Looking forward to seeing Kleven crush some players with big hits.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad