LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
He looked pretty fantastic I thought. Some defensive struggles but I didn't see anything too egregious given his age and being his first game.
Been able to jump in the NHL at 20 while playing over 21 minutes in his 1st game is awesome for a guy drafted that late.

He sure made a mistake on Detroit 1st goal but outside of that he was MTL best defenceman yesterday, he's electric with the puck on his stick.

BTW outside of his mistake, I tought Edvinsson look great!

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I thought he did some good things defensively. He’s playing his strengths well in the D-zone using his quickness and sense of anticipation.

Was lost at times and there was a play were Larkin got around him and cut to the net…that being said any young D is bound to get beat on the outside by a fast player like Larkin in their first games. He hasn’t played against a fast player like this before, he is smart and will adjust.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I’d recommend the Hutson believers and the Hutson haters to just chill a bit and let him play without overanalyzing his shift-by-shift from his first NHL game
Yah, and yet you know that aint gonna happen!

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I’d recommend the Hutson believers and the Hutson haters to just chill a bit and let him play without overanalyzing his shift-by-shift from his first NHL game
06178038-2d65-4510-8b52-08747c706fa6_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Tuggy

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As the case with most young player, but he’s going to get over analyzing due to the flashiness of his game.

Same thing happens and will happen with Brandt Clarke…. Similar thing you see with every zegras thread.

People gunna make false narratives or over exaggerate flaws in his game to try to put him down.

It was a good 1st game from, jumping to a new team/ new system.

UnimatrixZero

Dec 7, 2019
Hutson created 4 really good chances that could have lead to a goal (one did, probably more chances..i watched the game while multi tasking) , On a luckier evening he may have had 3 points or so. He was a touch slow getting on the bike a couple times. He can correct that, better possitioning and he eliminates the scoring threat. As for running around that is also fixable but can anyone be blamed for positioning being thrown in on short notice? His game is built around chipping in thus more likely to be out of position than a defensive D-man being thrown in first game. He played a fine game, Mistakes can be corrected easily, he will learn the system better and team mates will use him more as confidence comes. There will always be situations where he gets out muscled, but he will learn to use smarts to minimize those and also he will get stronger - still very young. The talent is evident and the work needed also evident. When those things corrected and my belief is the learning curve will be fast - he will be a special player, a water bug of a D man A-La Hughes. - My 2 cents

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I thought he did some good things defensively. He’s playing his strengths well in the D-zone using his quickness and sense of anticipation.

Was lost at times and there was a play were Larkin got around him and cut to the net…that being said any young D is bound to get beat on the outside by a fast player like Larkin in their first games. He hasn’t played against a fast player like this before, he is smart and will adjust.
I don't think there's a Habs dman who wouldn't have gotten beaten wide on that play. Honestly he was one of the better defensemen on the Habs in his own end yesterday, but that's mostly because the rest of them are either regularly atrocious defensively (Matheson, Barron) or were terrible yesterday (Harris, Kovacevic)

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
He looked way better than most people thought he would IMO.
He might already be equal to Matheson and Barron defensively lmao.

He has a little magic touch going on , everything he sends into the slot seems to become a scoring chance.

It was a great welcome to the NHL moment for him , especially playing Larkin and Kane alot last night

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I don't think there's a Habs dman who wouldn't have gotten beaten wide on that play. Honestly he was one of the better defensemen on the Habs in his own end yesterday, but that's mostly because the rest of them are either regularly atrocious defensively (Matheson, Barron) or were terrible yesterday (Harris, Kovacevic)
I’m as high as anyone else on Hutson but.. what? That’s not even remotely close to being true on both bolded statement

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I’m as high as anyone else on Hutson but.. what? That’s not even remotely close to being true on both bolded statement
I've seen every Habs defenseman get beaten wide this year by worse skaters than Larkin. Hutson also didn't give up a 2 on 0 (Matheson and Barron) or get trapped for long periods of time in his own end because of poor puck handling (Harris and Kovacevic) last night.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019

Personally I’ve noticed all our young D getting beat wide in a similar fashion early on, maybe except Guhle. Struble a few time this year. You think you’re positioned correctly because you would be in the NCAA or even AHL.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Been able to jump in the NHL at 20 while playing over 21 minutes in his 1st game is awesome for a guy drafted that late.

He sure made a mistake on Detroit 1st goal but outside of that he was MTL best defenceman yesterday, he's electric with the puck on his stick.

BTW outside of his mistake, I tought Edvinsson look great!
If Savard didn't let that cross crease through despite being right there that ''mistake'' doesn't even happen.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
You sure? NHL Entry Draft - 2024 NHL Draft Talk

Post#875

Also your post history shows you can’t be objective when it comes to anything Habs related.
I post all over the place. I’m not a fan of any team. Im an OHL team fan first.

I think people like you are strange for taking time out of your day to stalk my profile, and come to conclusions about it. Says more about you than it does me.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
It took like 1 minute to expose you lol :laugh:
You can come to whatever conclusions you want. I know what I am, sure as hell more than you.

This is a Lane Hutson thread, not a thread about the Ottawa 67’s, and not a thread about ME. He was terrible in his own end as expected. He has a lot of growth in that regard. The -1 is a testament of that.

Stop trying to derail the thread because your frail ego can’t handle criticism of a hockey player that has no clue who you are.

Jamaican Patty

Jul 13, 2023
You can come to whatever conclusions you want. I know what I am, sure as hell more than you.

This is a Lane Hutson thread, not a thread about the Ottawa 67’s, and not a thread about ME. He was terrible in his own end as expected. He has a lot of growth in that regard. The -1 is a testament of that.

Stop trying to derail the thread because your frail ego can’t handle criticism of a hockey player that has no clue who you are.
I never said anything about Hutson.

I only replied to you saying you’re not an Ottawa fan lol. Don’t get mad and learn how to respond to people without crying.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

No he wasn't. Stop the hate. It made you look bad

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I never said anything about Hutson.

I only replied to you saying you’re not an Ottawa fan lol. Don’t get mad and learn how to respond to people without crying.
This is a LANE HUTSON thread. Stop derailing the thread trying to throw unsuccessful jabs at me because you are butt hurt about someone saying “-1 lol”

Hutson was terrible in his own end. And was consistently overmatched physically. It’s been the part of his game that has been most criticized and it showed last night. Larkin had his way with Hutson.

I’m done responding to you, you clearly can’t have a mature conversation. Your response’s have been “HAHA I GOT YOU” like a 8 year old kid.

Jamaican Patty

Jul 13, 2023
This is a LANE HUTSON thread. Stop derailing the thread trying to throw unsuccessful jabs at me because you are butt hurt about someone saying “-1 lol”

Hutson was terrible in his own end. And was consistently overmatched physically. It’s been the part of his game that has been most criticized and it showed last night. Larkin had his way with Hutson.

I’m done responding to you, you clearly can’t have a mature conversation. Your response’s have been “HAHA I GOT YOU” like a 8 year old kid.

Hutson showed some good and bad that game. Nothing wrong with that especially given the circumstances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad