LD K'Andre Miller (2018, 22nd, NYR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I wouldn't feel comfortable with the avs picking him at 16 over the forwards & more polished LHDs that should be at that pick; but I would love for him to be there at #47 for the avs to stick in our pipeline and slow burn behind Zadorov, Girard & the third pairing guys (Nemeth & Barberio).

The tools and hockey sense seem to be there if he's given the time & support to harness everything he's got going for him.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
He may have a few things to learn being newer to the position but his ceiling is scary high. Steal pick at anything over 25th.

Reactions: derriko

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I can see NJ taking Miller at #17.

He adds everything we need... a left hand shot on the blueline that can take the body, skates like the wind for a big man and has a offensive flair to his game as well.

He's pretty raw but I think with the proper coaching, this kid can be a huge steal.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I would be really happy if the Leafs got him at #25. There are a few D that I like ranked around there and he is one of them. His ceiling as mentioned by previous posters is extremely high. He is really athletic and possesses strengths that are tailored towards today's NHL, as well as size. Hopefully scouts get hung up on the occasional defensive blunder that comes along with learning a new position at the level he is playing at, and pass on him. He could be a steal of the draft with proper development.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I wouldn't feel comfortable with the avs picking him at 16 over the forwards & more polished LHDs that should be at that pick; but I would love for him to be there at #47 for the avs to stick in our pipeline and slow burn behind Zadorov, Girard & the third pairing guys (Nemeth & Barberio

No way imo he falls to the mid 2nd round. First round talent, though I think he may go late 1st due to how raw he is.

I think the only way he falls to round two is if he bombs his interview so hard teams think he’s a head case.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No way imo he falls to the mid 2nd round. First round talent, though I think he may go late 1st due to how raw he is.

I think the only way he falls to round two is if he bombs his interview so hard teams think he’s a head case.

Yeah, he needed to stay quiet at the U18s for us to have a shot at him in the second given just how deep that 3rd/4th tier of talent that'll fill out the back half of the first and a lot of the 2nd is in this draft.

But at this point Miller has to be a consideration at #16 if my avs are to snag him. The polish isn't there but the talent is in spades and we have the organizational depth to be patient waiting for it.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012

He'll rank towards the top of this group on personality and class, so no worries there.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Hoping he falls to #25.

Really like him at that spot.

Miller-Liljegren would be fun to watch

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Reminds me of Sean Day. Good size and skating, lacks hockey skills.
Not true. Just was put into a whole new, and difficult position at 15-16yo. Hockey IQ is fine, as are his skills. Hell, I think Gretzky and Lemieux would've looked pretty bad for a couple of years if they were put back on D.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
DdwV5SaVQAEM1iy.jpg

HC7

May 2, 2018
K dude, we get that you have comparison charts. You don't need to post it for every single player in the draft...

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
While it is interesting, there are some issues with the project that should be pointed out. He did not track every game, he tried to chose games at random then extrapolate. I'm pretty sure for most players, we are talking about a sample that consists of less than 1/6th of their games.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
While it is interesting, there are some issues with the project that should be pointed out. He did not track every game, he tried to chose games at random then extrapolate. I'm pretty sure for most players, we are talking about a sample that consists of less than 1/6th of their games.

well regardless of the sample size Miller was by far the highest producing ES/60 dman in the USHL this season (u-18)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
well regardless of the sample size Miller was by far the highest producing ES/60 dman in the USHL this season (u-18)
I like Miller.

But, if you are referring to Prospect-Stats numbers on that front, they don’t have real time data, so all TOI is estimated.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad