LD Aron Kiviharju - TPS, FIN JRS (2024 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

David OSullivan

Oct 12, 2017
I knew it was golf. :) I was attempting humour because of the misspelling. I missed the mark...............this time

* Tumble weed rolls by*

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I knew it was golf. :) I was attempting humour because of the misspelling. I missed the mark...............this time

* Tumble weed rolls by*
Oh your joke would have been fine, I just didn't read any translations because I know Finnish so I have no idea what typos are where.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Sigh.... We are still 2 years away from that draft. No question Kiviharja is the biggest name thus far, however I think you need to calm down with the hype.

Remember when aatuu raty was the sure fire #1 pick?
He was only "hyped" to become 1st by scouts, there barely excisted any footage of Aatu so it was hard to tell how good he actually was, never was really any hype around him by fans for a prospect touted to go 1st by scouts.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Awesome game by Kiviharju today, no mistakes, two primary assists. With better luck could've had couple of more points.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I would call it a secondary assist on the 6-2 goal as well. So 3 points in the first game as far as I'm concerned.

Coincidentally, the all-time record for a double underage defenseman is also 3 points. And he should be scoring a bit more as long as the coach comes to his senses and puts him on PP1 already.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm excited to see how this guy does. Never seen him play. I was a little surprised he made the Finnish U18 team, but maybe it shouldn't have been a surprise.

How tall is he for those that know his game well?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Didn’t Mcdavid put up wild numbers as a double underager not that long ago
McDavid is not a defenseman.

The record for double underage defensemen is 3 points. The record for forwards is, as you say, by McDavid with 14 points. Bedard scored 14 points as well.

Looking at eliteprospect, the record for u17 underage defensemen seems to be 7 points by Ryan Ellis.

Fuonki

Jan 2, 2020
I'm excited to see how this guy does. Never seen him play. I was a little surprised he made the Finnish U18 team, but maybe it shouldn't have been a surprise.

TPS website lists him at 177cm & 72kg which seems pretty accurate. You could see that he's a bit smaller than most of his teammates in the U18 team, but not by too much. Like his youth coach Fredrik Norrena said: "You have to remember his age. We haven't even started full weight training yet. His body is not ready for it. On the strength training side, he can still tighten up a lot."

If he can have a good off-season at the gym, there's a good chance he could be getting some Liiga minutes next year

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

goblin3

Mar 23, 2014
Didn’t Mcdavid put up wild numbers as a double underager not that long ago
Meant defensemen.
In yesterdays game they said he's 180cm.
Looking at eliteprospect, the record for u17 underage defensemen seems to be 7 points by Ryan Ellis.
Thanks, I was looking at D-1 but now I see that Murray had already turned 17 in september.

Definitely has a good chance at 7p if the team makes semifinals.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
McDavid is not a defenseman.

The record for double underage defensemen is 3 points. The record for forwards is, as you say, by McDavid with 14 points. Bedard scored 14 points as well.

Defenseman wasnt specified in the post I quoted. Thanks for reminding me McDavid isn’t a dman though….Your hostility is comical around here

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014
Defenseman wasnt specified in the post I quoted. Thanks for reminding me McDavid isn’t a dman though….Your hostility is comical around here
You finding that post hostile just means you are looking for it.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It was right after my post where I talked about records for defensemen. And of course, the record for a u17 player is not 14 points - it is 18 points, by Ovechkin. In fact, I doubt anyone thinks that the overall record for a u17 player would be 10 points.

Because of this, it in my opinion is not very difficult for a person with average intelligence to deduce that he was talking about defensemen. But even when in doubt, correcting u17 stats with u16 stats would not be my first choice. I think that asking what was being meant would be more prudent.

My post was not hostile.

Reactions: MarVell

Koira666

Jun 3, 2019
He is quite easily the best defenceman in team Finland… which is insane. He doesn’t make any mistakes, his hockey IQ is out of this world. Makes Kulonummi look very good since he covers him all the time

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
Yep. Should be getting some sort of Liiga minutes next year. He'll be too effective at the U20 level unless he really stalls in developing into next season

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
It was right after my post where I talked about records for defensemen. And of course, the record for a u17 player is not 14 points - it is 18 points, by Ovechkin. In fact, I doubt anyone thinks that the overall record for a u17 player would be 10 points.

Because of this, it in my opinion is not very difficult for a person with average intelligence to deduce that he was talking about defensemen. But even when in doubt, correcting u17 stats with u16 stats would not be my first choice. I think that asking what was being meant would be more prudent.

My post was not hostile.
Case in point ^

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
What kind of D is this kid? Seems super promising. Is he more of a two-way force like Miro or is he more of a Makar type rover ?

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
He is quite easily the best defenceman in team Finland… which is insane. He doesn’t make any mistakes, his hockey IQ is out of this world. Makes Kulonummi look very good since he covers him all the time

Imagine if he played with a partner who he doesn't have to cover all the time.

goblin3

Mar 23, 2014
Kinda insane that he's playing around the level of Kemell. But the games have been easy so far, Sweden will be the first real test.

What kind of D is this kid? Seems super promising. Is he more of a two-way force like Miro or is he more of a Makar type rover ?

He's been described as a puckmoving D but he said the biggest thing he focused on improving this season was the defensive side of the game.

Reactions: MNRube and FinPanda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad