LD Alexander Nikishin - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2020, 69th, CAR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jackp0t

Jun 7, 2009
Hopefully the Hurricanes can do something to get him out his contract in the KHL at some point. He's already a top defenseman in the KHL and he's not even 21.

Reactions: DaveG

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
nikishin.PNG

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Haven't watched him play, but he's a guy we're not going to sign for probably 3 years. He's playing it pretty well for himself, and his mega trade to SKA Petersburg helps give him NHL-comparable dollars. I think he'll end up taking a 1 year entry like Kuzmenko.

jackp0t

Jun 7, 2009
Guy is a stud, great to see some offense in his game so far with 6 points in 4 games. Usually lead his team in ice time and always has 2-3 shots, hits, blocked shots every game. His presence is felt.

I think in term of value he's right there with the second tier for first rounders for that year draft (Barron, Guhle, Schneider).

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think in term of value he's right there with the second tier for first rounders for that year draft (Barron, Guhle, Schneider).
It's not unlikely that's where he would have been drafted if not for all health concerns too. Early projections in the autumn of his draft year had him going in the late 1st before his season was derailed. Makes sense somewhat.

Last edited:

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Does anyone know if Nikishins new contract has an out clause if he wanted to come to N.America?
HIGHLY doubt it. SKA gave up an insane amount of assets for him if they don't know he'll stay through this contract. Also interviews he's given indicate he is in no hurry at all to come to NA. I still think we'll see him on the Canes but it'll be a while.

Reactions: DaveG

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Does anyone know if Nikishins new contract has an out clause if he wanted to come to N.America?
Out clauses are not allowed in the KHL contracts by law. All he can have is a gentleman's agreement which he almost certainly does not for the reasons AhosDatsyukian has given.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
I’m surprised there isn’t much talk about him this season. He has 13 points in just 19 games. Playing around 20 minutes per game too. Impressive for a 21 year old in the KHL I think…
I’ve been looking at his box scores, leads SKA St. Petersburg in ice time most games. Is it outrageous to suggest he might be the best dman in the KHL already?

scoutclout

Sep 12, 2022
I’ve been looking at his box scores, leads SKA St. Petersburg in ice time most games. Is it outrageous to suggest he might be the best dman in the KHL already?

Depends on the parameters. In the KHL? I'd argue maaaybe but there's other dmen more heavily relied upon and more dominant. In the KHL but projecting what they could do in the NA game today, he's in probably the top 2 or 3 with easily the highest projectable ceiling. A fantastic player tailor made for the NA game imo.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Much like in the NHL it's hard to say who is THE best but he definitely belongs in that conversation. Then again, many people thought that last year already, him being selected to Olympics was just a final proof stamp. It's just that this year after moving to SKA he has more exposure and more points.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Is his contract really up next summer like EP says or is there some sort of multi-year agreement with SKA?

The Canes may have to be patient but at some point they may be adding a fully-formed two-way top four defenseman at an ELC contract (for a year or two anyways). That’s quite a luxury to have.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Is his contract really up next summer like EP says or is there some sort of multi-year agreement with SKA?

The Canes may have to be patient but at some point they may be adding a fully-formed two-way top four defenseman at an ELC contract (for a year or two anyways). That’s quite a luxury to have.

He has 2 more years left after this year.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad