LD Alexander Nikishin - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2020, 69th, CAR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FrankSidebottom

Mar 16, 2021
His absolutely selling is probably around McDonagh, the optimistic one is Ekholm. The floor is a 3rd pairing anchor.

scoutclout

Sep 12, 2022
The way he's playing, I truly wonder if he's entered into the top 5-10 best defenseman prospects outside of the nhl. The kid is unreal on both sides of the ice, and one element he has that very few modern day up and coming dmen have is that edge and grit. Kid is a beast on the ice.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The way he's playing, I truly wonder if he's entered into the top 5-10 best defenseman prospects outside of the nhl. The kid is unreal on both sides of the ice, and one element he has that very few modern day up and coming dmen have is that edge and grit. Kid is a beast on the ice.

The previous two best KHL defensemen who moved to the NHL look pretty decent in the big league now. I mean Gavrikov and Zub. And Nikishin is better than both of them were in the KHL and just 21. Pity he signed that long contract. He could be top4 in the NHL as soon as next season, and you need to play vs best to improve your game.

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
Although I hate SKA, it was not in vain that they gave 9 players to Spartak for Nikishin (including Svechkov and Chibrikov). He could become an elite defenseman in the NHL.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Canes are lucky we have Svechninov here and locked in. I think Tom Dundon hopes it's like mini Ovechkin effect the Capitals have long enjoyed to help recruit Russian players there.
Not just him, we have like a dozen other Russian prospects in the pipeline and 3 in the A right now (2 who could be up in the NHL within a couple years).

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’ve watched a couple of his games and he looks like he’s going to be a top pair defeat in the NHL for a long time.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
What's the deal with his heart? I recall he had some lingering cardiac issues that kept him out of the WJC.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
What's the deal with his heart? I recall he had some lingering cardiac issues that kept him out of the WJC.

Well, Russian and not only Russian doctors kept saying his heart was going to be ok but IIHF didn't trust them and banned Nikishin from all junior tournaments. He played at the Olympics though.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Well, Russian and not only Russian doctors kept saying his heart was going to be ok but IIHF didn't trust them and banned Nikishin from all junior tournaments. He played at the Olympics though.
IIHF is a joke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad