LD Alexander Nikishin - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2020, 69th, CAR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
"Last second" in this year's bubble conditions isn't exactly the last second though - pretty sure he will need to be cleared at least some days before the flight to Edmonton on 13th of December.
Last second is always a couple of daнs before the flight. This year they will undergo testing and qurantene procedures before the bubble over there, so they go earlier. We are aware of that. We just won't give up hope.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
4 points in 5 games, that's fairly unexpected offensive production. Maybe some PP time coming his way eventually?

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Crazy to think that a lot of Canes fans, myself included, thought this guy was a bit of a reach at 69th (nice) overall. I'm really glad we have him in the fold now, and I think he legitimately could be a 2nd pairing guy. We shall see.

Reactions: DaveG

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Crazy to think that a lot of Canes fans, myself included, thought this guy was a bit of a reach at 69th (nice) overall. I'm really glad we have him in the fold now, and I think he legitimately could be a 2nd pairing guy. We shall see.
It goes both ways though, at the beginning of his draft year many saw him as a possible 1st round prospect. Definitely a great pick at #69 when all is said and done.

Reactions: DaveG

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
4 points in 5 games, that's fairly unexpected offensive production. Maybe some PP time coming his way eventually?
His first two assists were the typical "free" defenceman assists though when he was just making a simple play in the own zone which ended up with a goal on the other end.

Those points in the last game were well earned OD points(while his assist was preceeded by him creating a dumb and dangerous turbover, but recovering from it all by himself which is a good sign Cleaning up own mistakes is part of awareness too. And he got rewarded with an assist on the goal right away).

Last edited:
Reactions: slumpy43

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
But not when it's Mukhamadullin doing it, am I right?
Except Mukhamadullin is not doing exactly that. He is not a top-pairing D-man yet. He has played over 20 mins once this season. His recent deployment is around 14 mins. He is around the bottom of the team in +/-. And oh btw Mukhamadullin has one more point than Nikishin while being praised as an OD talent and Nikishin is not supposed to score much at all. Nikishin a few months older, I will give Mukhamadullin that. So what's the saltiness again? Facts are facts. If Mukhamadullin takes the 1st pairing role next year and runs with it all the better. Right now he is not there yet.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Ah but Nikishin who is 4th in TOI on his team is. Very well then.
Did you read my post or are you pretending to be that dumb on purpose?

"He is consistently getting over 20 mins of icetime lately"

Which part of "lately" should I expalin to you in detail?

Nikishin's last four games' icetimes:

20:51 (4th on the team, 3rd among D-men)
22:11 (2nd on the team)
20:06 (3rd on the team)
23:29 (most on the team)

And that is not getting into the fact that he is a DD who is not getting a lot of PP time Heed gets. All that was said is that apparently the coaches trust this guy in the recent games to eat top minutes. And as you for the reason of personal discomfort about not being able to prove your point with Mukhamadullin made it an utterly uselss Nikishin vs. Mukhamadullin discussion - no matter where Nikishin ranks on his team with his icetime Mukhamadullin is playing around 14 minutes right now. It is what it is and I don't know what you are trying to prove here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Did you read my post or are you pretending to be that dumb on purpose?

"He is consistently getting over 20 mins of icetime lately"

Which part of "lately" should I expalin to you in detail?

Explain to me how Nikishin's "remarkable" achievement is any different than Mukhamadullin's achievement during Larsen's injury period. Nikishin "consistently" getting over 20 minutes - 4 game sample size, Mukhamadullin playing 14 minutes - 3 game sample size.

It's ok to prefer one prospect over another, especially since this is more about style comparison and every Russian coach prefers his meat-and-potatoes type Ds, that's why the state of your D core is what it is. But to praise one for "remarkable" achievement while berating the other for the very same one couple of weeks ago is sad.

Reactions: Flynn84

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Explain to me how Nikishin's "remarkable" achievement is any different than Mukhamadullin's achievement during Larsen's injury period. Nikishin "consistently" getting over 20 minutes - 4 game sample size, Mukhamadullin playing 14 minutes - 3 game sample size.

It's ok to prefer one prospect over another, especially since this is more about style comparison and every Russian coach prefers his meat-and-potatoes type Ds, that's why the state of your D core is what it is. But to praise one for "remarkable" achievement while berating the other for the very same one couple of weeks ago is sad.
You are the guy who somehow, somewhere, desperately seeks for the Player X vs. Player Y here. You started it. So you tell me why that bothers you so much.

I never wanted neither did I start the mindless Nikishin vs. Mukhamadullin discussion. You just got for whatever reason upset with me praising Nikishin. Is it not allowed too? Or is it only allowed in one passage with praising Mukhamadullin too?

They will both play for the NT at the EHT. Will you actually cheer for team success or will you want either one of them to fail, just to prove some needless POV of yours?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You are the guy who somehow, somewhere, desperately seeks for the Player X vs. Player Y here. You started it. So you tell me why that bothers you so much.

I never wanted neither did I start the mindless Nikishin vs. Mukhamadullin discussion. You just got for whatever reason upset with me praising Nikishin. Is it not allowed too? Or is it only allowed in one passage with praising Mukhamadullin too?

They will both play for the NT at the EHT. Will you actually cheer for team success or will you want either one of them to fail, just to prove some needless POV of yours?
For one, I would never cheer for Russia. Secondly, I can't see how my POV is against either of those guys. It's not like you can't praise Nikishin but it sure seems odd when the person who has as many strong opinions as you do can't apply the same measuring stick to 2 prospects in very similar situations.

So in a way yes, it makes no sense to praise one for being "remarkable" but be unsure (at best) about the other.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
For one, I would never cheer for Russia. Secondly, I can't see how my POV is against either of those guys. It's not like you can't praise Nikishin but it sure seems odd when the person who has as many strong opinions as you do can't apply the same measuring stick to 2 prospects in very similar situations.

So in a way yes, it makes no sense to praise one for being "remarkable" but be unsure (at best) about the other.
LOL Thanks for proving my point. That is one biased view on prospects you have.

And cheer for whoever you want. I won't forbid you to have a strong opinion about russian prospects. That's sounds like a thing you'd do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad