Proposal: Lazar for your U-23 roster winger

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Which roster winger 23 or younger, would you be willing to part with for Curtis Lazar?

Not looking for spare parts, but one roster player (or really good AHL:er kept off the roster due to quality and quantity up front).

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Not really a spare part due to our organization lack of depth at RW. Is on the NHL roster and a U23.

Oilers offer you Nail Yakupov.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Which roster winger 23 or younger, would you be willing to part with for Curtis Lazar?

Not looking for spare parts, but one roster player (or really good AHL:er kept off the roster due to quality and quantity up front).
Oilers have no one I can think of that you would want. The only 1 for 1 swap I could see is either for an older guy someone worse than him or for a guy that shoots opposite of him. I can't remember what way he shoots tho I think he plays center and right?

So maybe a team that has about an equal quality left winger would trade for him 1 for 1

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
You won't get much for Lazar, it'll be a 3rd liner for 3rd liner type trade, so I wouldn't expect a really good AHLer kept off the team due to better talent blocking him because that would mean it's an A-level prospect.

For the habs, the closest in value would be Sven Andrighetto but only in the off-season when Desharnais is gone. He's been good for the most part on the habs, but he's been used as a 1st line winger (lol) which he clearly is not. He can fill into the 2nd line occasionally imo, but would best be suited on the 3rd line. He'll be slotted into the 2nd line this year I imagine. Definitely not a frustrating player yet, he's a quick and small skilled winger.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Jimmy Vesey...

More seriously, Marcus Foligno though he might be 24 now.
Why are you shopping Lazar?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Something around Rieder, however AZ may want more

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If he was not so awful at faceoffs, Scott Laughton would be a fair deal. But I would want a center that is good on the dot, not 43%.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Not really a spare part due to our organization lack of depth at RW. Is on the NHL roster and a U23.

Oilers offer you Nail Yakupov.

Done deal for me. Lazar is a fantastic person, but a pretty unfantastic hockey player.

I'd roll the dice with Yakupov and hope he nails it in Ottawa

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Tomas Jurco is still 23, could be beneficial for both teams, don't know where he would fit though :dunno:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Just like G.Reinhart; Lazar is just a product of being on some really good teams. Put him on a bad team and he's exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad