Lawsuit against Hockey Canada, CHL over alleged 2018 sexual attack. Add 2003 WJC allegations to investigation. Trial start 9/2025

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
It is absolutely insane that hockey Canada remains this out of touch and defiant. It's almost like they're daring people to destroy the organization, believing at the end of the day this is all a bunch of hot air and that they're too important to the country somehow for it to actually fall apart.

If hockey Canada won't clean house on its own then somebody else just needs to make another organization to go up against it that would be structured properly and honor proper conduct. This would give all the sponsors and other supporters a place to flock to right now and help support the new organization that can overtake what is clearly just a complete dysfunctional clusterf*** right now that remains too arrogant to realize how f***ed up it really is

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
What are the foundational facts of this whole thing?

Sexual assault allegations, unproven in court, were made against players who participated in a HC event (and were part of Team Canada?).

HC was named as a defendant in the lawsuit and decided to settle.

The funds for the settlement came from a fund that HC has to cover unexpected annual expenses (for lack of a better term).

Is there anything else significant?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Worst case scenario? Hockey Canada loses NSO status. But this is unlikely, assuming there are a few high level resignations (staff and the board).
Stupid question but whats NSO status? I tried looking online but it kept saying Nintendo Switch Online..... I for some reason dont think is the answer I was looking for lol

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Too bad some of the sponsors that pulled out, didn’t redirect funds to the women’s program.

Reactions: Heldig

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
Stupid question but whats NSO status? I tried looking online but it kept saying Nintendo Switch Online..... I for some reason dont think is the answer I was looking for lol
NSO stands for National Sport Organization, which in the case of Hockey Canada means recognized by the Feds as THE governing body for amateur ice hockey domestically and the nation’s representative internationally.

Yes, the Feds can take it away. Up until 1948, the AAU had NSO status over US hockey, and after a complex/drawn out fight, AHAUS (forerunner of USA Hockey) got it.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
NSO stands for National Sport Organization, which in the case of Hockey Canada means recognized by the Feds as THE governing body for amateur ice hockey domestically and the nation’s representative internationally.

Yes, the Feds can take it away. Up until 1948, the AAU had NSO status over US hockey, and after a complex/drawn out fight, AHAUS (forerunner of USA Hockey) got it.
So they could take away the American one, AAU no jurisdiction for Canada , if that’s what your trying to say. No idea what AAU would even mean, not that it’s important to HC.

Hockey Canada , would have some kind of a tie to Sport Canada.

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
So they could take away the American one, AAU no jurisdiction for Canada , if that’s what your trying to say. No idea what AAU would even mean, not that it’s important to HC.

Hockey Canada , would have some kind of a tie to Sport Canada.
I used the AAU in the United States only for illustrative purposes from a historical perspective. The larger point is simply that governments get to decide which organizations are (and are not) NSOs. This is why the BadgerBruce Hockey Federation cannot send a Canadian National hockey team to the Olympic Games.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I used the AAU in the United States only for illustrative purposes from a historical perspective. The larger point is simply that governments get to decide which organizations are (and are not) NSOs. This is why the BadgerBruce Hockey Federation cannot send a Canadian National hockey team to the Olympic Games.

Yep Sport Canada like I mentioned earlier, thanks.

Reactions: BadgerBruce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad