Confirmed with Link: Lawrence Gilman, Lorne Henning, Eric Crawford AND Mike Burnstein fired

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Hmm, I wonder if Benning's "true" vision is to become such a farce of an organization that all of our NTC players ask to be moved, and we can begin the rebuild in full force! :sarcasm:

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
its not really surprising that it was in their plans, but it is surprising that they keep hitting us with wave after wave of putrid garbage management. even the worst among them do something right every once and a while. the last time that happened was like, the vrbata signing

It's like they are monitoring the boards and just throwing **** at us to see when we will all break.

DiggerDan

Jul 22, 2003
Canada
hfboards.com
I actually said COLORADO fans were spoiled, but yes...Canucks fans have been a bit spoiled by success. Team has been extremely competitive for over a decade now. Played meaningful playoff hockey. Had huge regular season finishes. Won some hardware. Had a bitter rivalry with the closest thing to a modern day dynasty. People who jumped in around the point of the West Coast Express will literally have no idea what a rebuild actually feels like. It's cute to say "Let's rebuild" but actually witnessing the transitional period tends to be rather grim.

None of that is to say current management is pulling off a clinical rebuild, just a commentary on how we're going to be shedding fans for a good year or two, whether the rebuild goes well or not.

Totally agreed. While many of the moves over the past year have been very frustrating and at times head scratching (putting it lightly), it is not reason enough to give up all hope. With due respect to the many great young fans of the team, there are many bandwagoners that have only been witness to the relative good times this team has seen over the past several years. If we lose those fans for the time being perhaps it will be a good thing.

I also think the team will see a continued decline in revenue due to all the change - hopefully this will provide the pressure they(and we) need in order to make the right decisions going forward in what is now, clearly, a rebuild.

The Jesus*

Go to 2:24 of this video to see a brief conversation between Benning and Gilman. Benning putting together words that barely qualify as a coherent sentence, and Gilman just smiling and nodding. At the end, you can almost see contempt in his face.

Call me crazy, but I don't think Gilman is too upset getting away from this mickey mouse, farce of a management team.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
On a positive note guys, this spectacle is happening at an accelerated pace I never thought possible.

I thought Linden would have the city eating out of his palm for at least a few years. The fans are saying the right things, the media are asking the right questions, and this regime is going to fall sooner than later. All of the people we dislike hold all the prominent jobs, so the regime after this one will have a very easy time finding the cancer.

This upcoming season is going to be a beautiful mess. Embrace the chaos!

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Totally agreed. While many of the moves over the past year have been very frustrating and at times head scratching (putting it lightly), it is not reason enough to give up all hope. With due respect to the many great young fans of the team, there are many bandwagoners that have only been witness to the relative good times this team has seen over the past several years. If we lose those fans for the time being perhaps it will be a good thing.

I also think the team will see a continued decline in revenue due to all the change - hopefully this will provide the pressure they(and we) need in order to make the right decisions going forward in what is now, clearly, a rebuild.

It's not exactly a sensible rebuild though. I can't even begin to understand what is happening or why.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
It's not exactly a sensible rebuild though. I can't even begin to understand what is happening or why.

It's a take over, from all aspects. They want to rid anything that has relationship to MG.
Won't be surprised to see Shinkaruk go, that would be an "easy" one for them to trade away.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
I can't grasp the idea that losing fans is going to be good for this club like some people have suggested. Is this a hipster thing where it diminishes your enjoyment if others like something you like?

I am damn near 40 years old and have cheered for this team through thick and thin but I would never want to lose any fans because I didn't think they were good enough fans or whatever reason this is a thing.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
On a positive note guys, this spectacle is happening at an accelerated pace I never thought possible.

I thought Linden would have the city eating out of his palm for at least a few years. The fans are saying the right things, the media are asking the right questions, and this regime is going to fall sooner than later. All of the people we dislike hold all the prominent jobs, so the regime after this one will have a very easy time finding the cancer.

This upcoming season is going to be a beautiful mess. Embrace the chaos!

You're right I didn't think it'd only take 1 season for everyone to be unanimously against this regime

They've outdone themselves. If this accelerates their firing it's a good thing. Nonis era was far too long

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
It's a take over, from all aspects. They want to rid anything that has relationship to MG.
Won't be surprised to see Shinkaruk go, that would be an "easy" one for them to trade away.

Is that rational or reasonable though? Why not keep good things and/or try to get fair returns for serviceable pieces? Tearing everything down does nothing but destroy the team's ability to compete, or draw. It doesn't make sense from a hockey perspective or a financial one.

PRNuck

May 20, 2009
Calgary

Go to 2:24 of this video to see a brief conversation between Benning and Gilman. Benning putting together words that barely qualify as a coherent sentence, and Gilman just smiling and nodding. At the end, you can almost see contempt in his face.

Call me crazy, but I don't think Gilman is too upset getting away from this mickey mouse, farce of a management team.

:laugh: That's how I respond when I just want someone to **** and stop talking to me.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Is that rational or reasonable though? Why not keep good things and/or try to get fair returns for serviceable pieces? Tearing everything down does nothing but destroy the team's ability to compete, or draw. It doesn't make sense from a hockey perspective or a financial one.

But nothing Benning does has.

This organization is a complete joke right now. They fired the only person with any sense of cap/asset management and contract negotiation ability. They fired the guy who overhauled our OHL scouting into something passable from putrid.

They just want to clear any leftover ties to Gillis regardless of their skills. Clearly Benning wants no dissent in decision making judging by Linden's own remarks. Everytime Benning did something insane like sign those Sbisa/Dorsett deals, Prust trade, etc, Gilman was there saying "why are we doing this"?. It was clear from when Lindenning was hired, they want yes men.

Gilman is probably relieved to fired though. Doesn't have to deal with this anymore.

The only silver lining is this disaster is happening faster than expected. The rebuild is happening, whether Benning intends it or not. After one season, the majority of the fan base has turned on him. Great job.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
People cling to this as fact...but really, it was one draft that is looking pretty good right now. Not sure how deeply convinced of Crawford's brilliance we ought to really be. We know he and the Pro Scouting outfit brought us some real duds along the way as well.

Regardless...this is quite clearly a housecleaning of "Gillis regime guys".

:laugh:

Benning sounds like a typical know-it-all-know-nothing that has to tell everyone everything.

Luongos Knob

Daaaaa Nucks
Jan 20, 2009
Really sad to see key cogs of the best era in canucks history leave the team. Even sadder to see the franchise circling the drain with stupid decision after stupid decision.

"fans wont tolerate a rebuild?" no, they wont tolerate idiocy.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I don't really have a problem with this as its typical for a new chief to bring in his own indians. But I'm afraid for the quality of their replacements. We were just beginning to bring in a new culture of pragmatic management and development when Benning/Linden and this wave of stupid descended upon the team.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Love how some people keep framing this as Linden and Benning giving it a year to see how it pans out.

If they really were they wouldnt have neutered Gilman ASAP.

Its simply corporate politics.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
I don't really have a problem with this as its typical for a new chief to bring in his own indians. But I'm afraid for the quality of their replacements. We were just beginning to bring in a new culture of pragmatic management and development when Benning/Linden and this wave of stupid descended upon the team.

Except thats not based on competence.

Completely normal. But not necessarily beneficial.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
I don't think everything is doom and gloom like a lot of posters. I think there can be positives from change.

It is hard not to like TL and Benning. And I do believe they want to win a cup here.

If they can stop trading draft picks, and bring in good young players over time, things will improve. They need to get better at asset, and cap management.

They are going to learn lessons along the way, and hopefully they will make less mistakes.

Time will tell.

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I don't think everything is doom and gloom like a lot of posters. I think there can be positives from change.

It is hard not to like TL and Benning. And I do believe they want to win a cup here.

If they can stop trading draft picks, and bring in good young players over time, things will improve. They need to get better at asset, and cap management.

They are going to learn lessons along the way, and hopefully they will make less mistakes.

Time will tell.

It's no real surprise we extended Sbisa too. He probably wants to win as well, we've heard so much about him studying his play.

But studying play doesn't make you win Cups. Natural ability and executing properly does. Sbisa can study his play all he wants and want to win as much as possible, and he is not going to get that much better. It's like praying for something to happen. Praying doesn't do ****, going out and actually doing something does.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver

That's hilarious. Basically a microcosm of the last year. I wonder who they were comparing him to.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
It's no real surprise we extended Sbisa too. He probably wants to win as well, we've heard so much about him studying his play.

But studying play doesn't make you win Cups. Natural ability and executing properly does. Sbisa can study his play all he wants and want to win as much as possible, and he is not going to get that much better. It's like praying for something to happen. Praying doesn't do ****, going out and actually doing something does.

Well I have some very strong feelings about Sbisa and his contract.

I am just trying to breathe deep and find some sort of inner calm and a silver lining on things.

Maybe Sbisa ends up on the Las Vegas Vapor Dogs, like some people have projected. And its not some nepotistic ownership signing, that will have Sbisa playing for the Canucks until he dies of old age.

I am just trying to relax. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad