Confirmed with Link: Lawrence Gilman, Lorne Henning, Eric Crawford AND Mike Burnstein fired

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
I could understand that (as a boss often wants 'his guys/gals' in)....but why oh why is Delorme still not being transfered to 'answering the phones'?

hes a linden guy

one of the pitfalls of hiring a guy whos got a history with the org

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I don't believe this was remotely the owners.

This was pretty clearly a schism between the Gillis-regime guys who were befuddled by what was happening (see Gilman's reaction to the Sbisa/Dorsett signings) and the Benning 'gut feel' new regime.

And whos to say this wasn't the owners agenda as well?

They've meddled and they have had their part in why things are so messed up.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Plants. You know the things with green leafy thingies.

IF you sign up as a supporter to the site and pay your cash you get a free plant.

Foetida Benningica is this months gift.

I'm thinking a more relevant gift would be something from Clearlycontacts - personally delivered by Trev himself!

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Ugh. Doubt Benning was listening to these guys anyway, but still hard to get behind this move.

The Jesus*

I guess you weren't done after all...

Yeah I can't stop watching the Canucks now. I'm just really pissed by this. :rant: And I deleted that comment, so it would be cool if you could get rid of the quote.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
If the Canucks become the Oilers then Benning will be fired immediately. Vancouver isn't Edmonton, if we ice a losing hockey team fans will lose interest. Ownership will not like that.

They are already well on their way to Oiler status. Oilers had Lowe and Mctavish as GM's....guys with no managerial skills but were part of the OBC. Canucks have the same in Linden. Oilers hired an incompetant assistant GM from another team(Tambo). Canucks do the same with Benning.

The Jesus*

No prob...

Thanks dude. Calling our owners criminals I have to imagine is against some sort of rule here. So I am totally not insinuating that our owners are connected to organized crime. I am in no way saying that.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I don't believe this was remotely the owners.

This was pretty clearly a schism between the Gillis-regime guys who were befuddled by what was happening (see Gilman's reaction to the Sbisa/Dorsett signings) and the Benning 'gut feel' new regime.

Would love to see the reaction if you have a link. I can only imagine what he must have been thinking.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
There's going to be an attempt on Bo Horvat's life, from Benning agents (though no one can confirm it), but he will be saved by a kindly new janitor at Rogers, with eye bags and a neck goatee. For the rest of the year he will watch over Bo and provide him with sage advice, and then next year when the Aquilinis clean house, he will cast off his coveralls and reveal that HE WAS MIKE GILLIS ALL ALONG.

i'd say this'll play out more like king lear. francesco: "Out, vile jelly! Where is thy lustre now?"

RudyRudiger

Mar 24, 2010
complete with the hfboards plants

I might be going nuts but I almost suspect some posters are just PR firm employees hired by the Canucks. It's unlikely but I can't for the life of me comprehend how anyone could support what Benning is doing. He has yet to clearly win any transaction he has made.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I might be going nuts but I almost suspect some posters are just PR firm employees hired by the Canucks. It's unlikely but I can't for the life of me comprehend how anyone could support what Benning is doing. He has yet to clearly win any transaction he has made.

they're contrarians. you've been on the internet before, right?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

some people have very simplistic opinions and its not really a big deal. the oilers guys were like, posting "KEVIN LOWE IS A CELEBRATED FOUR RING VETERAN SHOW HIM SOME RESPECT" in the middle of a "kevin lowe needs to leave forever" thread or whatever. it was really obvious

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Gillman was a master with cap related issues from what I understand. I wonder why he was let go? My best guess is that him, along with Henning and Crawford, questioned a lot of the recent moves and were canned as result.

I hope Benning and Linden truly know what they're doing.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Weisbrod will probably go on to Benning about how we should trade Edler for some plug and a pick

I would wait till a big name like Nill or Futa or someone comes up then clean out management and the crappy scouts. Maybe Benning can be a pro scout. But if this season takes a huge hit I don't think he will be around for long.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
right at the end of the Really Dark Days in edmonton, in reaction to the vitriol, there were literally oilers plants shilling for lowe at the top of their lungs. social media companies hired to make it look less unanimous about how badly people hated the management

Lol wow, I had never heard of such a thing until now though it would totally make sense for them to do something like that. Was this in the Edmonton media or something?

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Meh. I thought the writing was on the wall for Gilman from the very beginning when Weisbrod was brought in. Since Weisbrod had essentially the same title as Crawford and was seen in the recent video doing Crawford's job, I guess the writing was on the wall there too.

Not a very big surprise.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Meh. I thought the writing was on the wall for Gilman from the very beginning when Weisbrod was brought in. Since Weisbrod had essentially the same title as Crawford and was seen in the recent video doing Crawford's job, I guess the writing was on the wall there too.

Not a very big surprise.

its not really surprising that it was in their plans, but it is surprising that they keep hitting us with wave after wave of putrid garbage management. even the worst among them do something right every once and a while. the last time that happened was like, the vrbata signing

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
^ Fair enough, I'm not surprised if it was the case here. If certain players know about this site (which has been confirmed before by Higgins' bro IIRC), it's not a stretch to think that some folks among the brass do too...

Would love to see the reaction if you have a link. I can only imagine what he must have been thinking.

That was actually a quote from one of the radio guys on 1040 after the interview with Linden earlier today.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
some people have very simplistic opinions and its not really a big deal. the oilers guys were like, posting "KEVIN LOWE IS A CELEBRATED FOUR RING VETERAN SHOW HIM SOME RESPECT" in the middle of a "kevin lowe needs to leave forever" thread or whatever. it was really obvious

So by my math, Benning should be about 1/4th as good of a GM.

He's on track so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad