Latest on the Arizona Coyotes Arena ordeal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Is it happening?

1707418354621.png

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Yes here oon hockey fights we use professional formatting for all our posts and if references, footnotes and correct spacing and punctuation are not used you will be referred to the hf plagarisim and pseudoscience board for firther inspection if factual evidence is not provided to us- enabling us to donothi g other than sit sround and bitch.
Because YOU owe it to us.
What a raft of s**t

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Buy your weird yotes jerseys now. Soon to be a collectors item.

Welcome to the league Salt Lake City Coyojets!

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I have a question for those who live in the Phoenix area, attend games (past/present), and are fans of the Coyotes...

With Vegas entering the league - has there been any increase of city/state pride, and/or support for the team now that there's a rival in Nevada?

Reactions: RogerRoger

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yes here oon hockey fights we use professional formatting for all our posts and if references, footnotes and correct spacing and punctuation are not used you will be referred to the hf plagarisim and pseudoscience board for firther inspection if factual evidence is not provided to us- enabling us to donothi g other than sit sround and bitch.
What a raft of s**t

So THAT'S what the "HF" stands for?!

Who knew? :fight::sarcasm:

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
I’m not digging because I’ve already seen it. Again, I don’t care if you choose to believe it or not. I’m not trying to win people over. Also, not annoyed, I’m used to it, it’s just funny how much spin they put on it to fit their hatred for the team.

What's the spin?

What's the original report or story without the spin?

oldunclehue

Jun 16, 2010

Agenda for the monthly land meeting in Arizona today. Nothing about AM or Coyotes trying to buy/auction on land.

Board meets monthly for official business....so at this point is it at least another month for them to be even on the Agenda.

Curious of what is going on with this land if they aren't even in discussion yet.

Also of note on the last page has a bidding for land recently sold by auction. Original appraisal was $15,700,000 and sold for $32,300,000. So could we see land going for double its appraised value?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I just think the NHL could do more. It is a small city, be trading one small market for a new small market. Houston makes far more sense to me as a major city that is untapped so far if you get good ownership it has the potential to be a strong market.

Ryan Smith would bend over and let Gary Bettman do inappropriate things to him. Tilman Fertitta wont.

That's the difference between Salt Lake City and Houston for the NHL, metaphorically speaking. Fertitta doesn't want to pay massive expansion/relocation fees.

Sure - The team could purchase the facility as a part of the move. Just as the Flames should pay out the city of Calgary and release us taxpayers from the idiotic arena deal.

This makes a lot more sense then expanding and further harming the talent pool.
Regardless of Arizona moving or not, there's almost certainly going to be further expansion.

Seems like Atlanta Part III is inevitable, and Houston is probably a matter of posturing between the NHL and Fertitta. You'd think they'll eventually get something done.

islandersbob

Jan 1, 2006
saved me
I'm pretty sure the reason other owners aren't on full steam relocate Arizona is simply because they'd rather get that expansion revenue than to lose a potential new suitor without receiving any money.

If the expansion fee is 1.5 billion that's 46M+ per team that's not shared with the players. This has nothing to do with the owners liking Arizona or wanting to keep a team there.

NHL owners perspective:
New expansion team costing 1.5B+ spread among the owners
OR
Arizona relocated - losing a potential expansion spot and receiving no money?
Could be, but IMO the reason that Bettman and the 31 other owners have put as little pressure on Arizona to get its business in order is because it saves the other owners money. Say what? How?

1. Arizona has no effect on the revenues of any other team. In fact having a team in the #11 market (size) in the USA probably adds value to the national TV contract.
2. NHL welfare checks (revenue sharing) aren't at an elevated level just to support the Coyotes. The pot doesn't get bigger just because Arizona is incompetent. If NYI was in last and Arizona was middle of the pack, the size of the total revenue sharing pot would still be the same.
3. Arizona, with it's extremely low HRR is single handedly driving the salary cap down, which saves the 31 other owners money.

NHL HRR for 2023 was approximately 83.5 million x 2 (players share and owners share) x 32 teams for a total of league HRR of approximately $5.3 billion. To make this as simple as possible imagine if a.) all team had the same HRR of $167 million ($5.3 billion in league HRR). All teams would keep $83.5 million and pay out $83.5 million in salary.
b.) 31 teams had HRR of ~$172.5 million and Arizona had zero. Total league HRR would be the same ($5.3 billion), but 31 owners would keep ~$89 million and pay out $83.5, while Arizona would take in 0 and still have to pay out $83.5 million to the players.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
My stance is the same as it's been for awhile. No matter how good the team gets, the city is conditioned to not give a shit.

Move them, let the sour taste in everybody's mouth over the last 25 years fade. In 10-15 years when a new arena is built in a viable location, revisit the possibility of giving them a new team.

It's pretty much what's going on in Atlanta, currently.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
No offense unless you provide actual details I'm not going to take your word for it that this information is wrong. It takes more than the say so of a random hf forumer.
That poster has had a personal agenda for years. I assume they have a vested interest in current owners. They will never have a rational conversation unless you agree with everything they say.

Reactions: hui43210

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Arizona such a massive hockey market they got owners wanting to purchase them lining up out the door!

Oh wait... The best they could find was a complete grifter.

Don't forget top of the line arena and facilities!

You'd think this massive market would contribute to revenue sharing rather than suck off the league's tit since being born.

Last edited:

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
What a raft of s**

Any relation to Stelio Kontos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad