Pre-Game Talk: Last home game of the 2023-24 season - Game 6 talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
We’ll see if he can keep that up. I’m sure the travel is kicking the Panthers asses more than our guys, Panthers haven’t left their time zone since March before this series.

Tkachuk played with heart though no doubt, one of the best games I’ve ever seen him play. But maybe he really emptied the tank trying to end it at home.
Tkachuk scored and made 2 nice passes on a rush and now everyone thinks he is TkacJesus.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
One thing the Oilers have shown this playoffs is that they run other teams down with their speed. Vancouver looked gassed by Game 6, Dallas lost it probably in Game 4. Panthers starting to look gassed now too.
The main thing I have noticed (probably everybody) is that the Oilers seems to have gotten better in every series after game 3

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Re: Cousins - I think Cousins is better than Okposo, which likely isn't difficult. It's a bold play - though Cousins has drawn and taken 0 penalties, I can't imagine Florida gets much benefit of calls with Bennett/Tkachuk/Cousins all skating. Coming into a game and crowd like this, could be dynamite with Cousins... temperament - just depends who's holding the stick when it goes off. Hopefully PoMo.

Re: team - I feel more anxious about Game 6 than Game 5. Lots of clippings for the boys to read about how great they were (and a lot of media momentum for this inevitable game 7) but we're still down 3-2. Lucky bounce away from Florida winning the cup. It's slightly different from the Vancouver series, as we came back with our backs against the wall and after a loss. In McJ we trust, I guess.

Re: lineup - I can't imagine Perry comes out, but I also would not like to imagine Kane-McLeod-Perry. If we insist, Kane-McLeod-Carrick (over Ryan) is at least 2/3rds of a reasonable bottom-6 line. Our fourth and third (Jan-Rico-the better Connor) didn't have great games with the fancy stats, and, though I love them, the third did get relatively caved in the third and gave up the OEL goal. Having a semi-capable fourth line would help keep everyone fresh - M-Carrick-P if they must. Carrick, in his last game, was 67% on the dot. Ryan has been high 40s all season.

I think the boys were also excited to play some more Mario Kart on the plane :laugh:

How about 2 more plane rides, boys - one to Florida, one with a cup back home
Let's f***ing go

Last edited:

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
To break it down as simple as possible, edm just needs to play 6 more periods of good enough hockey (assuming there’s no OT). That’s it. 6. Doesn’t seem so crazy now, does it? But getting the first goal is paramount.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Oh great. The cats already got away with boarding in game 5. Now this idiot enters.

Oh well atleast he sucks at hockey, and maybe the refs will decide to call boarding this game
I bet McDavid is salivating at the prospect of facing this dumbass. He's a defensive liability.

Reactions: dsi

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
We’ll see if he can keep that up. I’m sure the travel is kicking the Panthers asses more than our guys, Panthers haven’t left their time zone since March before this series.

Tkachuk played with heart though no doubt, one of the best games I’ve ever seen him play. But maybe he really emptied the tank trying to end it at home.
He'd be a great breaststoke swimmer.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
They should hand out Barbie dolls tomorrow to every fan so when Barbie-ovsky gets lit up, everyone litters the Barbie dolls onto the ice. That would be a spectacle to be forever remembered for decades.
1000016324.jpg

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Remember how everyone was overconfident after losing game 1? Let’s avoid that. No fancy plays please. Bounce all pucks into shins, knees, butts into the net. This game will be intense and there will be no space.

Reactions: foofighter

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Here we are gentleman. We are playing the last possible home game of the season. What a hell of a run this team is on, it's been an absolute blast. Win or lose I couldn't be more proud of this groups battle level and resiliency. But f*** it let's win tomorrow!!!

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Two Things:

1. Never change a winning team; for those who wanted lineup changes.
2. Win.

Nothing more to say.

Let's go Oilers!

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The main thing I have noticed (probably everybody) is that the Oilers seems to have gotten better in every series after game 3
Have you also noticed that the clown show officiating seems to disappear after game 3 and isn’t much of a factor the rest of the way in every series too?

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
It was probably surreal for him when they won, and now he's in Edmonton...

I’m on my way boys! Fan since we lost to the Islanders and I asked my dad who was the team with the young guys.

Sitting in Montreal now waiting for my connection… 1st flight was 6AM from Boston.

First trip to Edmonton… apparently I need to have a donair ;) @Bring Back Bucky

Woooooo!!!!! So Pumped!!!! Imagine… first live game where I can cheer loudly without beer being thrown at me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad