Pre-Game Talk: Last home game of the 2023-24 season - Game 6 talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
This game has me worried for some reason. More so than game 4 and 5 as those games didn't feel like they were as pressure packed. We were down 3-zip so we were expected to lose. But now it's a series, lots of pressure on both sides. Hope the boys play loose with joy and with great attention to detail. Would love to see what Zito throws next if Oilers win game 6.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
What a crazy season.

Here's to hoping that the Markstrom effect and shaky morale continues to spook the Panthers, which is a key opportunity that the 06 crew never really had against Cam Ward and the Canes. Yes, the Canes lost Games 5 and 6, but they also bounced back in Game 4 after losing Game 3 (which IMO was a major factor in helping them win Game 7).

My main fear is a repeat of Game 6 vs. Dallas, where our opponent's strong pressure from the end of last game carries over into this game. You can't get away with that against Florida.

Reactions: dsi and Balakay14

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
This game has me worried for some reason. More so than game 4 and 5 as those games didn't feel like they were as pressure packed. We were down 3-zip so we were expected to lose. But now it's a series, lots of pressure on both sides. Hope the boys play loose with joy and with great attention to detail. Would love to see what Zito throws next if Oilers win game 6.
1718890276739.gif

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Not gonna lie…. This game worries me… it’s a series now hope it’s not a trap game for them.
Yeah, a lot of fans are way too confident going into game 6. Florida isn't rolling over and dying after two losses. They are going to come out mad as hell, focused, and ready to go. This game will be harder than the last, so I hope we can elevate even more for next game.

Good morning Oilers fam. We welcomed a beautiful new Oilers fan into the world last night. My son Freddy was born healthy and 8 lbs 4 oz.

I tried but my wife wouldn't let me name him Connor.
Congratulations!

So according to Stauffer, Panthers aren't flying until today...hopefully it's delayed again lol
I wonder if they are flying late so they have fewer nights in Edmonton hotels with less chances of fire alarms, questionable food deliveries, etc.

Reactions: dsi and ThePhoenixx

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Yeah, a lot of fans are way too confident going into game 6. Florida isn't rolling over and dying after two losses. They are going to come out mad as hell, focused, and ready to go. This game will be harder than the last, so I hope we can elevate even more for next game.

Congratulations!

I wonder if they are flying late so they have fewer nights in Edmonton hotels with less chances of fire alarms, questionable food deliveries, etc.
I don’t think very many fans are way too confident. They just have hope now.

Lol are we going to say the bolded part every game? Last game was supposed to be this.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Florida seemed to remember how to play hockey in the last half of last game. If they come out playing like that this is going to be quite tough
That's called going down 4-1 and score effects

You could also say "Edmonton remembered how to play hockey and finish after going down 3-0"

Not gonna lie…. This game worries me… it’s a series now hope it’s not a trap game for them.
It's a little different than a regular season game and coming home from a long road trip or having a big win streak on the line.

This is lose and go home. Season over.

Reactions: dsi

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Good morning Oilers fam. We welcomed a beautiful new Oilers fan into the world last night. My son Freddy was born healthy and 8 lbs 4 oz.

I tried but my wife wouldn't let me name him Connor.

Should have made a poll here and had her abide to the results. That's bullshit....although Freddy is pretty sweet.

Last edited:
Reactions: brentashton

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Lol are we going to say the bolded part every game? Last game was supposed to be this.
We said this before Games 5 & 6 vs. Dallas.

Didn't apply as much in Game 5, but was definitely true in Game 6. If not for Stu channeling Roloson and a very opportunistic powerplay, that series is headed back to Dallas for Game 7.

The Oilers this postseason have had a pattern of struggling with opponents' response games, even if those games haven't been losses.

Game 3 stomping against LA -> 1-0 shutout with 13 SOG in Game 4.

Game 6 stomping against Vancouver -> 3-2 nailbiter because of a McLeod special and Silovs trying to goalie us in Game 7.

Game 5 stomping against Dallas -> 2-1 nailbiter in Game 6.

If we win Game 6, I'd rather win by destroying the Panthers outright than giving them any hope to feed off of like we did last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad