Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Subban earned his Norris, I'd say that Subban's peak was higher than Markov's but Markov was so consistently dominant and instrumental.

It's hard to choose between the two of them because of that, but Subban in the playoffs might just edge Markov out.
I wouldn’t argue that Subban wasn’t the more complete package at their respective peaks, but I don’t think his first pass is an area where he bested Markov. Andrei was never the faster man on the ice, but he’d burn you quick if you made a bad pinch or got caught of position with his elite passing. I think passing and vision are the 2 areas where Markov is ahead of Subban and I think he’s got a pretty big advantage there.

Last edited:

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
What I want to see if how he responds when he makes a critical mistake that leads to an odd man rush or goal against (it's going to happen... question of when, not if). Does he start to play safer or smarter? These kinds of things changes young players energy/momentum but the good players overcome it fast. For example, Look at Slaf's puck management improvement as the season went along last year!

Good news is MSL is not M Therrien. He's going to work with the young player to make the small adjustments required (without pounding assignments down their throat obsessively). This is the difference between the dinosaur coaches vs the new ones like MSL.

When I see stuff like this, I tend to listen to what others outside of the Habs fan base are saying. In this case, there are lots of calm down comments but there are also some hype type comments made as well.

That gives you a good indication of if we are hyping up too much or not. Depends on the person I guess.

I told a friend of mine (Big Leafs fan) that I put $100 on Hutson winning the Calder the other day. His response? He's a gambler like me and he bet some money on Hutson winning the Calder as well. Didn't tell me how much he bet on it though
Lane Hutson is going to continue to be Lane Hutson, he’d never be a nhl defenceman at all without being dynamic, he knows this, he’s not going to change his game because of a mistake here or there.

This kid is the real deal and I’m pumped as f*** lol x.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Ok seriously Hutson is insane. Every time hes on the ice something crazy happen.

He was involved in everything tonight. Hes gonna be a special player
I said here before that he will be the single most impactful player in the rebuild. As good as Demidov or Slaf might become, we have a bunch of good forwards. But there’s only one player like Hutson on the blue line.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
In 2022 re-draft, he should easily go top 5 with Slafkovsky aswell.

He is just amazing, high hockey IQ, elite passing ability, elite hands... sooo smooth, sooo smart.

He is going to be not that bad in defensive zone aswell !!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Subban earned his Norris, I'd say that Subban's peak was higher than Markov's but Markov was so consistently dominant and instrumental.

It's hard to choose between the two of them because of that, but Subban in the playoffs might just edge Markov out.
Subban was flat out better. Far more dominant, physical and better in the playoffs. He was on a no brainer HOF trajectory.

Markov had great vision and his first pass was amazing. But he was never as good as PK.

Hutson is a more dipsy doodle Markov. He won’t have the physical or rushing game Subban did but his vision is there. And he can stick handle better than either Markov or PK based on his minor league play. I think it will translate.

Reactions: Vachon23

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Yeah he's not starting in Laval. He's too dynamic.

Watching him is going to take 10 years off my life but in a rollercoaster way. His unpredictability is what makes him so good, but it also makes me pearl-clutch when he's taking risks at the blue line.

Really fun player.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
I don't think there's a single player picked from 2-61 I'd prefer to Hutson.

I wonder how a poll “Hutson vs Wright, who would you take moving forward?“ would go.

Have a feeling most Habs fan would pick Hutson and most non-Habs fan would pick Wright.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad