Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
You do understand that you will be old too? Sooner than you can imagine.
I guess this is a response to someone I blocked. Feel vindicated.

I loved the combination of receiving and controlling the puck in full flight and the subtle dragging of the back skate to stay on side. There was a lot of skill displayed at both ends of that play. The average player would have gone offside while concentrating on locating the puck and receiving same or had the puck bounce off his stick like a rubber ball.
Also, it looked like Hutson put sidespin on it, counterclockwise, and the forward saw that and let it hook leftward to him. I suspect that Hutson practices those spins. I don't know if he can spin it clockwise as well.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I loved the combination of receiving and controlling the puck in full flight and the subtle dragging of the back skate to stay on side. There was a lot of skill displayed at both ends of that play. The average player would have gone offside while concentrating on locating the puck and receiving same or had the puck bounce off his stick like a rubber ball.
We haven't seen up ice passes like that, or similar since Markov was sent packing.......in his day he hit guys with great passes coming out of our end, on almost a nightly basis...

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
We haven't seen up ice passes like that, or similar since Markov was sent packing.......in his day he hit guys with great passes coming out of our end, on almost a nightly basis...
Subban was good and Mailloux will be better than Subban. Good times to be a Canadiens fan. I’m posting this from Cleveland at half time of the Giants / Browns game. Came here with a car load of Leafs fans. Trust me they can read the tea leaves. The Canadiens are coming and coming fast. Its good to see the Leafs fans fret.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Frankly, in today's sport world, two years is a lifetime.

If in two years Matheson is still producing and performing at a high level
, Hughes will extend him. If he's not, or his salary expectations are unrealistic, then Hughes will take a pass. Hopefully, the combination of the growth/development of our current young defencemen, those seven high draft choices over the next two years and possible free agent acquisitions resulting from greater cap flexibility will provide Hughes, the chess master, with suitable, if not palatable, options.

Everyone should take a deep breath and relax.
If that’s the case , I think KH will trade him for top dollar. In two years time we will have a glut of D that need time. Also, Guhle should be back on his side by then.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Subban was good and Mailloux will be better than Subban. Good times to be a Canadiens fan. I’m posting this from Cleveland at half time of the Giants / Browns game. Came here with a car load of Leafs fans. Trust me they can read the tea leaves. The Canadiens are coming and coming fast. Its good to see the Leafs fans fret.
Damn Chester……I’m happy for ya & love the NFL but that’s a tuff game if your part of the dawg pound!

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Mailloux will be better than Subban? Forgot the sarcasm emoji?

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I really like all of our LHD's so it will be tough to lose any of them.

I think trading Struble will come back to bite us as he has elite shut down potential while also having some intriguing PMD skills and has playoff warrior written all over him.

From a building strategy perspective we really need to get our young RHD's some NHL ice time as well as only Barron has any NHL experience (Mailloux's one game aside). Even after moving Savard, Reinbacher and Mailloux will immediately block any thoughts of trying LHD's to the right side.

It is going to be difficult to get the value that Struble deserves in a trade without him having the opportunity to showcase his play. If he does earn the playing time it will mean that we either have injury issues or that Xhekaj and/or Hutson are struggling which is far fromn ideal as you don't want to trade them either especially with diminished value if they struggle. It becomes enticing to consider trading Matheson as he is older but I really like his game and leadership and I have a difficult time seeing Hughes wanting to do that.

I could see Struble straight up beating out Xhekaj and Hutson in pre-season and making HuGo's decision really tough. I think most people will default to the idea of sending Struble down and that may happen but he will make that decision extremely difficult imo.
Strubke is the most overrated of our prospects. He has zero elite qualities. He’s not going to be part of our core.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I guess this is a response to someone I blocked. Feel vindicated.

Also, it looked like Hutson put sidespin on it, counterclockwise, and the forward saw that and let it hook leftward to him. I suspect that Hutson practices those spins. I don't know if he can spin it clockwise as well.

You can not "hook" the puck with side spin like that, it is not possible at such a low velocity. Pucks that are tumbling or fluttering can suddenly drop or break due to a sudden increase in resistance if the puck tumbles just the right but you absolutely can not spin it and curve the trajectory as you are alluding.

Regardless it was a phenomenal pass and I alluded to this freakish ability that Lane has to sauce pucks at all sorts of trajectories with uncanny accuracy back when he was in college.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Well congrats, your trip home will be a little sweeter.
So you survived 1963-81 ?

If so Cheers.
I go to sleep sometimes remembering ‘Good Bye Allie’ sweeping through Yankee Stadium. If you know what I’m talking about you’re truly a Giants fan who lived through the dark times.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Lane is going to impress and I think the calder expectations are entirely reasonable. We've seen other small offensive minded Dmen do okay in MTL, but Lane's IQ/Vision/Agility is on another level. I'm really looking forward to having him come into the fold for many reasons, but specifically he will become such a dangerous threat to opponents that they're bound to over-commit and he's going to find Suzuki/CC/Slaf/Laine/Dach/whoever open and make them pay.

He never ever appears to me like he's trying to do things himself. He is simply waiting for the opening he needs. The ability to control the zone with a plan makes him so important. The points to me are an entirely different benefit.

Reactions: overlords

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
I go to sleep sometimes remembering ‘Good Bye Allie’ sweeping through Yankee Stadium. If you know what I’m talking about you’re truly a Giants fan who lived through the dark times.

lol, I have a “vintage” Uncle who’s been a NYG fan since as he says “Christ was a cowboy”…..he lets me know “you don’t know suffering, as a Habs fan” .
Cheers.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Did I hear someone say that Mailloux will be better than Subban? :laugh: No? Thank god.

As for Lane, he's one of the reasons I'll be watching the Habs more regularly again this year.

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
Hate to be this guy but, no he won't.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Did I hear someone say that Mailloux will be better than Subban? :laugh: No? Thank god.

As for Lane, he's one of the reasons I'll be watching the Habs more regularly again this year.
Subban is hard to beat. Mailloux might be better at few things and may last more seasons than Subby but that's all. Subby was a phenomenal player, despite his clock risks at the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad