Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Byfuglien played a bit as a forward for a couple seasons but was a defenseman the vast majority of the time. He was also moved to forward to act as a big body in front of the net, something Hutson would only be able to accomplish if he were playing Atom hockey.

He'll be a defenseman, and he won't ever be amazing defensively but we just have to live with that as he'll be the most dynamic offensive defenseman we've had in the 21st century.
If he’s Subban I’d be thrilled.

The best predictor of future success is past performance. We heard all the knocks on Caufield as he was coming up and all he did was produce. And that of course has carried over.

Obviously the NHL is a different league and there are no guarantees but the way he’s dominated is encouraging.

Honestly I don’t care that much about his D. We can always pair him with a steady Eddy to make up for it. I think he’s the most exciting prospect we have in our system right now. All he does is produce.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Byfuglien played a bit as a forward for a couple seasons but was a defenseman the vast majority of the time. He was also moved to forward to act as a big body in front of the net, something Hutson would only be able to accomplish if he were playing Atom hockey.

He'll be a defenseman, and he won't ever be amazing defensively but we just have to live with that as he'll be the most dynamic offensive defenseman we've had in the 21st century.
I think more like Marc-Andre Bergeron. Played the 4th line and the point on pp's. Except that Hutson is so vastly superior offensively (Bergeron had a huge shot, that's about it) that I can see him being a top-6 winger and with any luck, a true star in that capacity. Kinda has the same edgework and shiftiness, and ability to undress defenders that Denis Savard used to have.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I love him.

But his frame is so small I legitimately worry about his health in the NHL. If he gets boarded by Reaves like Guhle did I think Hutson might actually never get up again.

Reaves does not have the capability to catch and hit Hutson.

Also, dont worry about his size. Bet on his offensive upside instead. This kid is doing some crazy stuff.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I love him.

But his frame is so small I legitimately worry about his health in the NHL. If he gets boarded by Reaves like Guhle did I think Hutson might actually never get up again.
I dont have the data...but I am confident that big strong Guys are more injured than the small ones.

Lemieux
Lindros
Dach
Etc...

Look at Naslund, St Louis, Theoren Fleury etc...never injured

Its crazy..almost every single post about Hutson is about his size..jees..

Are we in 1995 again...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad