Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Kid sure breaks a lot of ankles for being a poor skater.

Can't wait to see what kind of career he has
I'm high on him. But not to be a debbie downer, but I think we'll have to be very. Careful he's physically ready before his NHL career starts. If he starts getting injured, especially to his hips or knees he could lose a step in his shake and bakes. I worry he could be like some of those running quarterbacks innthe NFL that are great right out of the gate, but then get injured so much so quickly that they're soon not the same. Like RG3...

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
For someone who's supposedly not very good in his own end, it's interesting that he's out there killing penalties on 3on5 :laugh:
Clearly, he's reliable in most game situations and not nearly as much at risk as some let on.

Hutson has a good stick, can read plays developing and block passing and shooting lanes as well as any player.

Hudson's only disadvantage is physical confrontations in front of the net, perhaps, or down in the corners, but for the corners, an active stick and not putting oneself in a position to be physically dominated can solve that, and for physical confrontations, learning to double-check in the gonads might help him win some battles.

Of course, that could also become a double whammy for Hutson, both as a double-checking infraction, and high sticking at the same time ;)

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008

The issue is his backward skating, his ability to close the gap and reduce space for forwards. It's gotten better but it's simply not at NHL level yet, and he would would need massive amounts of sheltered minutes to play in the nhl, or needs a weber.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Did another player in 2022 draft did what Hutson do after his draft year ?
he had a great D+1 everyone saw that but lets not act like size and skating isnt an issue theres still about 10 players i would easily take over Hutson

Love hes ceilling its huge but theres also alot of risks and bust factors hes not a top 5 pick a year after getting drafted #62

Last edited:
Reactions: HabzSauce and Xirik

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
he had a great D+1 everyone saw that but lets not act like size and skating isnt an issue theres still about 10 players i would easily take over Hutson

Love hes ceilling its huge but theres also alot of risks and bust factors hes not a top 5 pick a year after getting drafted #62

Skating is not an issue

Reactions: SlafySZN

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If there was a redraft today, Slaf, Nemec, Cooley, Wright, Gauthier, and Jiricek would definitely still be drafted before Hutson.

After those 6, Hutson has a chance of being picked.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
lets relax now im also a big Hutson fan but no we did not
I feel like you didnt read the fact that he said top 5 VALUE pick. Not the 5th best player right now from the draft. By all means Hutson shows that if he hits his ceiling he absolutely could be top 5 value. Its just a harder road for him to get to that ceiling. So relax now before ya tell people to relax now

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
I feel like you didnt read the fact that he said top 5 VALUE pick. Not the 5th best player right now from the draft. By all means Hutson shows that if he hits his ceiling he absolutely could be top 5 value. Its just a harder road for him to get to that ceiling. So relax now before ya tell people to relax now
alot of things need to go right for Hutson to be a top 5 pick just on defence i still take Jiricek,Nemec and Mintyukov before Lane then we still have Cooley,Slafkovsky,Wright,Gauthier even Kulich had a great year in the AHL

If everything goes right for Hutson yes he could become a great offensive dman but he will still need to be sheltered because of his size Reinbacher could be that guy if Lane reaches hes ceilling but yes lets relax with the top 5 in a redraft atleast for now

Reactions: Xirik

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
alot of things need to go right for Hutson to be a top 5 pick just on defence i still take Jiricek,Nemec and Mintyukov before Lane then we still have Cooley,Slafkovsky,Wright,Gauthier even Kulich had a great year in the AHL

If everything goes right for Hutson yes he could become a great offensive dman but he will still need to be sheltered because of his size Reinbacher should be that guy if Lane reaches hes ceilling
Then there's the question of "do you want Reinbacher to dial it back and not play his game just so Hutson can fully play his".

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

If everything goes right for Hutson yes he could become a great offensive dman but he will still need to be sheltered because of his size Reinbacher could be that guy if Lane reaches hes ceilling but yes lets relax with the top 5 in a redraft atleast for now
Sheltered is alright for a talent. Most players are a trade off of some sorts. High end offense that can run a PP is well worth hiding on the third pairing. He would be well rested for PP and if you need a game tying goal.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Then there's the question of "do you want Reinbacher to dial it back and not play his game just so Hutson can fully play his".
Sheltered is alright for a talent. Most players are a trade off of some sorts. High end offense that can run a PP is well worth hiding on the third pairing. He would be well rested for PP and if you need a game tying goal.
yea Hutson on the 3rd pair and top PP minutes could also be another option if it doesnt work out with Reinbacher

Reactions: Xirik

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009

It is almost like most of them have never played hockey at a high level. Agility, edge work.

Hutson is elite at both of them. They are more important than straight line speed. Hutson is not slow at that either.

His ability to laterally move at a rapid pace leaves opposing players in the dust. The first three steps are the most important once you enter the other teams zone. Add in excellent stick handling and it is no surprise that he is an elusive player and hard to contain (breaking ankles).

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It is almost like most of them have never played hockey at a high level. Agility, edge work.

Hutson is elite at both of them. They are more important than straight line speed. Hutson is not slow at that either.

His ability to laterally move at a rapid pace leaves opposing players in the dust. The first three steps are the most important once you enter the other teams zone. Add in excellent stick handling and it is no surprise that he is an elusive player and hard to contain (breaking ankles).
Datsyuk on defense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad