Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
I am in the camp that Hutson and Mallioux should be on PP1 together. Hutson is obvious, but we desperately need another shot on the PP other than Caufield, which Mailloux brings. Both these D are a waste if they are not there. Dach can play on PP2. He isn't as offensively gifted as these two.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
I am in the camp that Hutson and Mallioux should be on PP1 together. Hutson is obvious, but we desperately need another shot on the PP other than Caufield, which Mailloux brings. Both these D are a waste if they are not there. Dach can play on PP2. He isn't as offensively gifted as these two.
Kirby isn't as offensively gifted as Hutson and Mailloux...huh

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Dach is the best pure passer on the team and is the best at gaining the zone. You can put Mailloux on the top PP, just means Slaf or Suzuki should move to PP2 and I think it should be Suzuki to ensure there's two left shots on the main unit.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Will be interesting to see what we do with the defense once Hutson turns pro. Don't see how you can send down Struble, as flawed as Matheson is you'd like to have more than one vet on the back end, Savard is likely the vet you keep for now, Barron is a work in progress and I can't see us giving up on him right now when Mailloux and Reinbacher likely need more time before coming over, and Xhekaj will be back up sooner rather than later.

So that leaves to trading Kovacevic and Harris and having Struble play the right side for now?

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Will be interesting to see what we do with the defense once Hutson turns pro. Don't see how you can send down Struble, as flawed as Matheson is you'd like to have more than one vet on the back end, Savard is likely the vet you keep for now, Barron is a work in progress and I can't see us giving up on him right now when Mailloux and Reinbacher likely need more time before coming over, and Xhekaj will be back up sooner rather than later.

So that leaves to trading Kovacevic and Harris and having Struble play the right side for now?
I would trade Matheson at the deadline while his value is high. The LD lineup is too deep

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Matheson is going to be dealt. I don’t see Hutson on the team next year. That gives another year to Guehle’s development.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Matheson is going to be dealt. I don’t see Hutson on the team next year. That gives another year to Guehle’s development.
I can't see us only having one vet in Savard on the greenest blueline in the league. Not sure if Hutson makes the team either next year, but he's going to be getting his shot at the end of this season.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Let’s pump the breaks on the 2 D PP. That deployment is becoming a thing of the past.
Usage of 4F1D was up to ~86% last season.

Players like Letang, Burns, Byram, Seider, Barrie are relegated to PP2 as a result of the shift.

Hard to imagine the Habs breaking this trend with Mailloux. Not to mention, if he were on the PP, they’d want to use his shot from the left circle. That’s CC’s spot.

Slaf
CC - Dach - Suzuki
Hutson

Reactions: ElQuebecois

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Let’s pump the breaks on the 2 D PP. That deployment is becoming a thing of the past.
Usage of 4F1D was up to ~86% last season.

Players like Letang, Burns, Byram, Seider, Barrie are relegated to PP2 as a result of the shift.

Hard to imagine the Habs breaking this trend with Mailloux. Not to mention, if he were on the PP, they’d want to use his shot from the left circle. That’s CC’s spot.

Slaf
CC - Dach - Suzuki
Hutson

I am not convinced that Mailloux will be very good at the top of the umbrella and envision him potentially taking the left boards on PP2 and using his shot as his primary weapon.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I am not convinced that Mailloux will be very good at the top of the umbrella and envision him potentially taking the left boards on PP2 and using his shot as his primary weapon.
Yeah Habs need a playmaker who can make quick decisions at that spot. I'd also like to see Dach right half wall and Suzuki in the bumper. If they can develop slafs net front abilities, that's be golden

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yeah Habs need a playmaker who can make quick decisions at that spot. I'd also like to see Dach right half wall and Suzuki in the bumper. If they can develop slafs net front abilities, that's be golden

Exactly how I see it!

Hutson and Dach can curl and interchange with each other as Hutson has an effective one timer that is not powerful but he is good at getting it off and putting the puck on the net and giving the opposing goaltenders fits. Their chemistry along with Suzuki in the bumper send ingone touch passes in all directions will create space for Caufield. Also, with Suzuki being right handed, Dach/Hutson will have one timer options from the right boards in to the middle and through the seam much like Kucherov has in Tampa.

As it is right now, Matheson's poor/slow reads and Slaf's inability to consistently catch one timers cleanly are entirely eliminating Caufield. Once the right side poses a legitimate threat Cole will regain the sliver of space that he needs to light it up from the left dot.

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Like Weber :naughty:

Dach is the best pure passer on the team and is the best at gaining the zone. You can put Mailloux on the top PP, just means Slaf or Suzuki should move to PP2 and I think it should be Suzuki to ensure there's two left shots on the main unit.
Suzuki on PP2 will never happen unless he’s just finished a long shift as they start the PP

It may be a good idea but will never come to fruition

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
8a3ei0.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad