Lane Hutson Burgeoning Star Watch

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
It is embrassing for a man over the age of 12 says "delulu"

You seem to be confused about what an effective player is...

Him only going to the hashmark in this instance instead of the corner is your takeaway from this post?

This is embarrassing.

You're literally highlighting a video of someone throwing the puck on net and claiming it's something completely different. I'd rather use a word you don't like than highlight my need for anti psychotics in front of a public audience.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
They do not in fact show that.

I'm not the one who brought up xG% through a 5 game sample. Just pointing out that if you did want to use those numbers, they'd suggest that Hutson has been pretty good.

Relative to his terrible team... it doesn't mean he's been good.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
You're literally highlighting a video of someone throwing the puck on net and claiming it's something completely different. I'd rather use a word you don't like than highlight my need for anti psychotics in front of a public audience.
Throwing the puck at the net from the half wall and having it blocked is obviously the exact same thing as skating it into the corner and turning it over, don't you know?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

He threw it on the defender's stick when he ran out of room after doing nothing.

The highlights of him are a lot of the same, skating a lot, and doing nothing.

Use whatever words you want, I am not here to police it.

I can still point out when you are speaking and acting like a child, this post is another example.

Throwing the puck at the net from the half wall and having it blocked is obviously the exact same thing as skating it into the corner and turning it over, don't you know?

Latch on to the 2 meters of difference from the corner to the half-wall if it makes you feel better, but this is a normal play from him, and somehow he is getting hype because he does a lot of head fakes.

This is a normal result, skate to open ice, turn it over.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
i have not said a single thing about hutson and his game. i only talked about the perception of habs fans.
So just call it what it is, you’re just here bashing Habs fans, none of whom have made the ridiculous claims that you’ve posted this far.

He’s an exciting young player. We don’t have a lot of those playing on the roster (unfortunately). Nobody thinks he’s Bobby Orr, or whomever. He’s Lane Hutson. We’re happy to have him. We hope he wins the Calder, but we hope that about any of our rookies. Seems like you’re just here trolling to antagonize.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
He threw it on the defender's stick when he ran out of room after doing nothing.

The highlights of him are a lot of the same, skating a lot, and doing nothing.

Use whatever words you want, I am not here to police it.

I can still point out when you are speaking and acting like a child, this post is another example.

Latch on to the 2 meters of difference from the corner to the half-wall if it makes you feel better, but this is a normal play from him, and somehow he is getting hype because he does a lot of head fakes.

This is a normal result, skate to open ice, turn it over.
You were put down, in the future please refrain from discussing subjects you have no education in

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
What a shocker , the guy who's username is notbiased is indeed , incredibly biased!

He could have just called it a turnover instead of doubling down on his whole going in the corner doing nothing shtick

Reactions: overlords

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Relative to his terrible team... it doesn't mean he's been good
You should just stick to your leafs because your hate is clearly showing. Shitting on a 20y old kid who just played 30+min, have 4pts in 5games, create plenty of scoring chances and lead the entire league in puck possesion and near the top with zone entry and slot passes doesn't make you look like a genius.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
I'm sorry, but anyone who has watched all of his games so far this year will tell you that he's been great.

He played thirty minutes last night! He attempted multiple rushes to try and get the team going, but sometimes it just felt like he was the only one giving a shit. He is a very smart player, but even those can make mistakes, especially as a rookie on the blueline.

As for the +/-, how convenient for people to bring up this mostly pointless stat when it helps their narrative. The only case where I would give some credence to +/- is when a player has like a -20 on a great team or a +20 on a shit team.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
lead the entire league in puck possesion

I had literally never heard anyone care about this "stat" until about 5 games ago. For most people the idea of "possession" metrics are the percentage of shot attempts in your teams favour while on the ice, not literally how many seconds the puck is on your stick. Because the former can actually tell you something about effectiveness and the latter cannot.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I had literally never heard anyone care about this "stat" until about 5 games ago. For most people the idea of "possession" metrics are the percentage of shot attempts in your teams favour while on the ice, not literally how many seconds the puck is on your stick. Because the former can actually tell you something about effectiveness and the latter cannot.
Quinn Hughes was the leader in this metric by a long shot last year. Lots of people mentioned it then.

Reactions: MS

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
It’s funny because a quick search of “possession” with your username turns up a LOT of results where you seemed to really care about it

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Wait till the 15 game mark for some underlying numbers
They should elite transition numbers and zone entries

But I will say for underlying numbers Suzuki is the on the ice for a F-load of dangerous scoring chances against so far. Like DAMN.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I think a lot of people are getting ahead of themselves with Hutson. He's got plenty of potential for sure, but projecting him to have a similar development path as Hughes at this level is a bit far.

Just because Hughes figured out how to defend doesn't mean every other prospect on the earth can figure out how to defend. The deck was stacked up against Hughes as well on learning to defend well. That's why defenders like that are so rare and the best in the league.

For Hutson to get in the same category he needs to figure out how to defend.

Hughes' rookie year he was 29th in xGF% amongst defenders played more than 1000 ES minutes
Hutson's first few games this year he is 128th out of 149th in xGF% amongst defenders with 50 ES minutes. Let's see those numbers turn around before we compare him to Hughes. He's got plenty of more games to play.

Hughes got so much shit during his sophomore year. Some of it was deserved - he really struggled in his own end for a while.

Definitely an extremely rare case of a player turning a weakness into a clear strength.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
It’s funny because a quick search of “possession” with your username turns up a LOT of results where you seemed to really care about it

Seems like you stopped reading my post after the first sentence. Keep going, I actually directly address your concern!

PeE eL DuBoiS

Send ze caviar to mah chambers, peasant
Mar 31, 2022
Like his confidence. He could be a real good defenseman in the future. You can't teach the smarts he has.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Seems like you stopped reading my post after the first sentence. Keep going, I actually directly address your concern!
Seems like you decide what “possession” means to you based on whether the stats support your narrative

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
You should just stick to your leafs because your hate is clearly showing. Shitting on a 20y old kid who just played 30+min, have 4pts in 5games, create plenty of scoring chances and lead the entire league in puck possesion and near the top with zone entry and slot passes doesn't make you look like a genius.

It is funny that every single person is attacking me and not the posts I made.

I think I may be right and there are some super insecure Habs fans here.

I am not shitting on him by the way, I've said many times that he hasn't been super effective but will when he figures out the NHL game, this is just saying he is raw and makes bad decisions currently but this is likely to change.

Habs fans just can't seem to see clearly, maybe it is the tears from Laine getting injured, not sure, but something is blocking their vision.

This whole thread summed up so far:

"Hutson has not been as effective as people are saying, here are the stats and clips to prove it." - Hockey fan

"Nuh uh, you're dumb." - Habs fan

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
It is funny that every single person is attacking me and not the posts I made.

I think I may be right and there are some super insecure Habs fans here.

I am not shitting on him by the way, I've said many times that he hasn't been super effective but will when he figures out the NHL game, this is just saying he is raw and makes bad decisions currently but this is likely to change.

Habs fans just can't seem to see clearly, maybe it is the tears from Laine getting injured, not sure, but something is blocking their vision.

This whole thread summed up so far:

"Hutson has not been as effective as people are saying, here are the stats and clips to prove it" - Hockey fan

"Nuh uh" - Habs fan
I think something may be blocking yours given that you've been nothing but wrong so far. He's made great decisions with the puck, is a breakout machine, and has set up numerous scoring chances.

It feels like you're picking things at random to criticize him for, which are a result of not actually watching him (given that anyone who did watch him would notice that each criticism you've made is in fact a strength of his thus far).

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I think something may be blocking yours given that you've been nothing but wrong so far. He's made great decisions with the puck, is a breakout machine, and has set up numerous scoring chances.

It feels like you're picking things at random to criticize him for, which are a result of not actually watching him (given that anyone who did watch him would notice that each criticism you've made is in fact a strength of his thus far).

Has his team been winning or losing when he is on the ice?

I've seen 50% of the games he's played (including preseason).

Watching AHL hockey is not my favourite thing to do so I generally choose other teams to follow.

And once again, your argument is "nuh uh"... it is compelling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad