Lane Hutson Burgeoning Star Watch

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I was impressed with him against Ottawa on Saturday night. He's tiny and yet he can control the game (offensively). He's the real deal, no doubt. However, if I was a Habs fan, I'd be worried about him getting steam rolled by a 6'4 power forward in his own end. As the season goes along, it'll be interesting to see how his body holds up to the rigors of the NHL.

It ain't happening, and if it actually do happens, we have an actual unhinged, über goon, that we can release and let loose on the team with the braindead moron who attacked Hutson

xhekah.jpg

If Xhekaj proved one thing during the offseason, it's that he doesn't give a f*** and will 100% target star players if needed

He went after Stützle this offseason with a semi-legal hit just because Greig was running away after he did another Greig-like bitchass move on one of our player

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I definitely trust this, coming from the fanbase who guaranteed that Erik Brannstrom was the next Erik Karlsson.

What are you smoking lol?

Ottawa fans of all people knew that Brannstrom was no Karlsson, not even close.

Meanwhile I remember so many people like you who couldn't understand the talent of a Karlsson.

And would argue about how much better Luke Schenn or Del Zotto were.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
For sure a successful pick, but a far cry from a Hughes or Makar. That is my issue is the comparisons and hype train are out of control right now in Habs media and fanbase.

Why are they comparing a 2nd rounder 5 foot 8 dman with top 10 picks and not other small offensive dmen like Durzi or the many others before him who managed to have a career running a PP unit but never became a franchise dman?

What is "Habs media?"

Also why are you, the most over the top Maple Leafs homer on the entire site consuming this "Habs media?" How are you consuming it?

Last edited:

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
he could become a poor man's quinn hughes. he'll have endless opportunities with the habs current blueline so it will be interesting to see what he does with it.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Matheson put up great numbers for the Canadiens last year but in no way, shape or form was he better than Savard was defensively for the Canadiens.

In fact, he wasn't even close to as steady as Savard was.

Matheson was playing 25 min on the top pairing against the best players in the nhl. Savard was playing 20 min on the 2nd pairing. Savard was solid last season, but if he was given Matheson's role, he wouldn't have looked as good.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
For sure a successful pick, but a far cry from a Hughes or Makar. That is my issue is the comparisons and hype train are out of control right now in Habs media and fanbase.

Why are they comparing a 2nd rounder 5 foot 8 dman with top 10 picks and not other small offensive dmen like Durzi or the many others before him who managed to have a career running a PP unit but never became a franchise dman?
Durzi doesn't get me out of my seat like huston does.

People are comparing him to makar and Hughes because of his high end skill and IQ. He looks like a magician already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad